• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Brendan Lemieux to 2-Year/$3.1M Extension; $1.55M AAV

LindG1000

Is it too early for bold predictions?

Brendan Lemieux claims the coveted Jesper Fast role as the "second" line's token grinder and achieves a 10 goal, 30 assist season.

Because I've been so damn busy with work I haven't been active on this board in quite some time (though I check it daily), so I don't think I've said this before, but I'm a big fan of Lemieux. I think he's putting shit together, albeit slowly, and as he adjusts to the NHL pace, the things that made him an attractive trade target and well-regarded prospect will surface.

This, of course, means the third line becomes a super fun Kakko-Chytil-Lafreniere combo, or some derivation thereof.

Kind of had a similar thought regarding Lemieux....

Suddenly we have 3 lines that can play, a defense a year away, goaltending to stay, we just need a 4th line to get in the fray and we will be on our way!!!!

A little much, but I like the player and the potential for his grit and skating ability to add up to a role player who can contribute more than just be a pest

I think the dollars say a lot. Love the kid but he’s not his Father. The dollars will be higher if he adds more contribution.

Rangers are in love with Howden.

He isn't going to be the 4th line center.

He'll be 3rd line center with Chytil more than likely moving to wing.

Lemieux will start the season on the 4th line.

Kakko is going to be tried on the 2nd line.

Not sure what will happen on that right side. On paper the left side is going to have a Panarin, Kredier or Laf on a 3rd line. Will one of them be switched to the right side? Then who is the #2 right wing? Buch? Kakko goes to line #3? Is Gauthier a 4th liner? Where does Kravtsov fit? Now Chytil to a wing? Where will all these kids fit?

Not sure what will happen on that right side. On paper the left side is going to have a Panarin, Kredier or Laf on a 3rd line. Will one of them be switched to the right side? Then who is the #2 right wing? Buch? Kakko goes to line #3? Is Gauthier a 4th liner? Where does Kravtsov fit? Now Chytil to a wing? Where will all these kids fit?

Depending on how quick Lafreniere adapts, I think we eventually see Kreider move to the RW, when that happens. Making a line of:

Lafreniere- Zib- Kreider.

Which expands the possibilities for the RW for the Panarin/Strome line. Having Kakko, Buch, Gauthier, Chytil, Howden and who ever else you want to throw in there. Lots of possibilities. That 2nd line can only improve on what was already a solid 1st go around.