• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Ryan Strome to 2-Year/$9M Extension; $4.5M AAV

Phil

Bargain. Really is. For this money I wish we went three years at like 4.8 or so. Very surprised he didn’t go to arb. Think he would have gotten more. Sounds like we have a good thing going especially culture wise here. Imagine that? Taking a bit less money than market in NYC?

Bargain. Really is. For this money I wish we went three years at like 4.8 or so. Very surprised he didn’t go to arb. Think he would have gotten more. Sounds like we have a good thing going especially culture wise here. Imagine that? Taking a bit less money than market in NYC?

I think he enjoys NYC. And I don't know why he wouldn't, he's found a fantastic line mate who will no doubt make him very rich.

This pretty much split the difference between his arb ask and Rangers offer, so likely wouldn't have gotten more in arb. He gets the second year guaranteed money, and avoids the ugliness of arb case.

This pretty much split the difference between his arb ask and Rangers offer, so likely wouldn't have gotten more in arb. He gets the second year guaranteed money, and avoids the ugliness of arb case.

I was pretty worried arb wise. I know they usually split the difference sort of but still. He was on point for 70+ points or so there was a chance he got closer to 5m. The second year was pretty important team wise.

My translation is that Strome sees where this team is headed in a few seasons and wants to continue here...After those 2 years run out, he'll also see where this soon-to-be diesel train of a franchise is going. I like this idea and the whole Gorton/JD combo looks to be well in tune with "The Plan"!!!

Good news. Ok, drop the puck.

I've been so damn bored lately, RG!! I miss these games more than a fat kid misses chocolate munchkins!!!

I think he enjoys NYC. And I don't know why he wouldn't, he's found a fantastic line mate who will no doubt make him very rich.

He may just end up being the 2nd or 3rd line center of this squad while we compete for a cup in a few seasons, 31!!! I'm pretty psyched they got this one done correctly and for a good amount that's fair to both sides.