Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Election Day(s) 2020 — Joe Biden is President-Elect

Senior Member Bantam Division
    We're probably going to be hearing about this for the next two months or so. Hooray. If they do have damning evidence, it's not very concrete or they're holding out hope to get this to the SCOTUS. But, I don't thing that's very likely. This is a "shit or get off the pot" kind of thing.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    We're probably going to be hearing about this for the next two months or so. Hooray. If they do have damning evidence, it's not very concrete or they're holding out hope to get this to the SCOTUS. But, I don't thing that's very likely. This is a "shit or get off the pot" kind of thing.
    I don't think it's over in the next two months. It was "there's going to be fraud if I lose", then a pandemic, then "mail in voting is fraud", then it's "I'm winning, I've won, stop democratic process now", then it's "where are all these votes magically coming from?", then it was "stop the count, no wait, keep counting, no wait, where are we? Michigan? Okay, stop the count! Arizona? Keep counting!", then it was "they're not letting my people close enough to see every ballot", now they're on to intimidating officials into not certifying the results, and so far....literally nothing out of the ordinary has been proven.

We're going to have an overt plea for faithless electors. We're going to have a continual firehose of antidemocratic bullshit with absolutely no standing, amplified by the hard-right media. We're going to watch Trump's cabinet and appointees throw out the babies with the bathwater solely to make it as hard as possible for Biden to do his job. We're going to have claims of fraud dragged out to the end and beyond. We're going to have Trump and the hard-right media screaming coup when the Secret Service drags him out of the White House. We're going to have fallout from all of this. We're going to have the GOP suddenly pretending to care about government spending again, embracing a full obstructionist approach to government, and just spending two years blocking government from working and saying it doesn't work. The stink of this administration and their destabilization of our government, constant misrepresentation of fact, assault on the fourth estate, and general disdain for the rule of law will not go away; it's made us weaker, more divided, and way more prone to having this happen again with a more Machiavellian autocrat. And we're going to have to deal with some 20% of the country believing every goddamn word of it because it aligns with their feelings and not with the facts.

There will be people thinking that adhering to law and order by prosecuting Trump officials is political revenge, not understanding that the government isn't supposed to bend reality and allegiance based on who is president. Democrats have to win Georgia, convince the four or five GOP senators who haven't gone full Trump that this is literally the strength of our democracy at stake, and make some seriously meaningful, and potentially controversial changes.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Indeed, and who really knows how the GOP really feels about Trump. I think almost everyone just wants him gone at this point. These judges turning away these lawsuits are either Clinton or Obama appointed judges, so they really don't want to hear it. I mean, he'll never truly be gone from politics, I don't think. They just want him out of the Oval Office. His presidency ends, and then you'll hear how the Republican party was "always very leery of Donald Trump". lol

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Indeed, and who really knows how the GOP really feels about Trump. I think almost everyone just wants him gone at this point. These judges turning away these lawsuits are either Clinton or Obama appointed judges, so they really don't want to hear it. I mean, he'll never truly be gone from politics, I don't think. They just want him out of the Oval Office. His presidency ends, and then you'll hear how the Republican party was "always very leery of Donald Trump". lol
    They're not throwing the lawsuits out because someone appointed them years ago.

They're throwing them out because they're baseless. They lack proof. Often they aren't even talking about "fraud".

All we hear about is the millions of irregularities...Where are they? Produce them. And no, I don't mean Info Wars videos or Project Veritas garbage. Real proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

They're throwing them out because they're baseless. They lack proof. Often they aren't even talking about "fraud".

All we hear about is the millions of irregularities...Where are they? Produce them. And no, I don't mean Info Wars videos or Project Veritas garbage. Real proof.
    They're doing whatever they can do get this to SCOTUS, but by showing very little proof at this point, and just throwing these lawsuits at the wall and hoping something sticks, are they even going to bother looking at it? If more of these judges thought there was something tangible there, then yes, but I really don't see how it happens for them. But, I'm not a political expert.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

They have been producing some smaller level proof. Ballots that were missing addresses were still counted, for example. Not nearly in large enough numbers to make a difference.

The mass voter fraud through Dominion that they are claiming has not been proven, and may ultimately be a witchhunt, but for something of that kind of scale there is no way it can be proven out in 1 or 2 weeks.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    They have been producing some smaller level proof. Ballots that were missing addresses were still counted, for example. Not nearly in large enough numbers to make a difference.
    This isn't proof of fraud, though it is proof of human error impacting ballot counts. It happens in every state and in every election; these ballots are usually rejected in the canvassing process, and as you noted, it's really small numbers.

The mass voter fraud through Dominion that they are claiming has not been proven, and may ultimately be a witchhunt, but for something of that kind of scale there is no way it can be proven out in 1 or 2 weeks.
    Under circumstances that would call for a voting machine to be investigated - these are the sorts of things also get caught in canvassing (i.e. a machine was coded backwards against its interface or something like that). It would actually be caught in just one or two weeks - or more accurately, before December 8.

That said...it's a witch hunt. It's a completely evidence-less conspiracy theory designed to sow distrust in the election system and keep the cash going to Trump's legal defense fund.

The whole theory is predicated on Edison Research having published a report about it. The problem is that Edison Research never published a report about it because it didn't happen. The other problem he has is that a huge chunk of the country actually uses paper trailed ballots and not direct recording on touchscreens, so even if he wanted to request recounts on this basis, he'd be fighting against paper, not technology. Of note, Georgia and PA use touchscreens, but absentee ballots, where Trump lost mightily, do not. Also of note, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are all 100% paper trailed, so he's not going to win any brownie points there. Further, based on the claim the legal defense team is making juxtaposed against the states that voted heavily Trump, combined with Trump's almost uncanny propensity to blame people for things he's responsible for, one must wonder if the use of digital vote alteration is actually a strategy the GOP uses to, say, keep the rapidly growing and rapidly urbanizing Tennessee or the long-suffering Kentucky very red.

It's also something very easily checkable, because voting machines are largely of two very specific varieties and are set up with quite a few additional failsafes because errors can happen (and get caught in canvassing). If you want to believe that Dominion changed 2.7 million votes, you've got a lot of dominoes to set up and knock down, not the least of which is that they probably don't program the county-owned machines on the ground and they're likely not on a public network if connected to the internet at all. Even then, you'd be talking about a concerted effort to hack tens of thousands of machines on tens of thousands of different networks, or literally hundreds of miscoded counting machines. It's not only unlikely, it's implausible - and again, it'd be caught in canvassing.

Either way, for what feels like the millionth time in the last four years, something Donald Trump is screaming from the rooftops fails to stand up to even minor scrutiny, is patently false, and is being taken as gospel by his supporters.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Judge sums up collection process and quality of affidavits collected and presented to the court.

PA Judge:

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So much #winning....lol

Senior Member Midget Division
    Thinking about the realm of a legal team, which one does NOT belong:

A) Elite Legal Team
    B) Frankenstein's Monster
    C) All of the above

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

Republican national security experts call on Trump to concede, begin transition

A group of leading GOP national security experts — including former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge — urged congressional Republicans on Monday to demand President Trump concede the election and immediately begin the transition to the incoming Biden administration.

“President Trump’s refusal to permit the presidential transition poses significant risks to our national security, at a time when the U.S. confronts a global pandemic and faces serious threats from global adversaries, terrorist groups, and other forces,” said a statement signed by more than 100 GOP luminaries.

The signers included Ridge, the former Pennsylvania governor who served as Homeland Security secretary under President George W. Bush, former CIA Director Michael Hayden and John D. Negroponte, who served as director of national intelligence.

The message called on “Republican leaders — especially those in Congress — to publicly demand that President Trump cease his anti-democratic assault on the integrity of the presidential election.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...bc2_story.html
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    It's not on Trump to concede if him and his team believe they have valid legal cases. My understanding is that the GSA ultimately needs to certify the election to begin transition, which would make waiting for a concession unnecessary.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    It's not on Trump to concede if him and his team believe they have valid legal cases. My understanding is that the GSA ultimately needs to certify the election to begin transition, which would make waiting for a concession unnecessary.
    But it's already been proven they don't have valid legal cases, so it really doesn't matter what Trump believes.

Normally, yes, it would not take a concession for the GSA to certify. But in the age of Trumpism, she will only certify when Trump tells her to. So, Trump acting this way is a pretty big problem for transition now and in the future.

Long story short, he's a sore loser who's decided to kneecap his successor out of spite like a petulant child...except national security and people's lives are at stake.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by jsrangers; 11-23-2020 at 07:21 PM.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    In a 2 page letter full of grievances and "no fair!"

It will be such a relief to fill the room with adults so I can be bored to tears again. It will free up hours of my day having become addicted to just how far we have fallen watching one train wreck after another after another. I hardly doubt the clown show is over at this point but it's refreshing to know we are another day closer to it ending.

Last edited by jsrangers; 11-23-2020 at 07:52 PM.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    So glad they can move forward...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

meanwhile a few minutes ago.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast