Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 335

Thread: GDT: Election Day(s) 2020 — Joe Biden is President-Elect

  1. #1
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,460
    Rep Power
    122

    GDT: Election Day(s) 2020 — Joe Biden is President-Elect

    Here we are.

    Sort of feels like game 7 of a playoff series waiting for 10-11 pm to roll around with a final (hopefully).

  2. #2
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,460
    Rep Power
    122
    Speaking for myself and my location in the potential tipping point state of Pennsylvania I am plenty nervous as a Biden supporter. Primarily due to the "polls" disaster of 2016 + my location while just 40 miles outside of Philly (still considered a suburb) and it is deeply pro-Trump. Probably 4:1 or 5:1. I bet if I lived in NY and was viewing the polls and less feverish support for Trump around me I wouldn't be so nervous.

  3. #3
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,307
    Rep Power
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Here we are.

    Sort of feels like game 7 of a playoff series waiting for 10-11 pm to roll around with a final (hopefully).
    It's possible but unlikely that we find out today.

    The only way we would know for sure is if Florida somehow decisively went to Biden tonight. Without Florida, Trump has no path.

  4. #4
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,307
    Rep Power
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Speaking for myself and my location in the potential tipping point state of Pennsylvania I am plenty nervous as a Biden supporter. Primarily due to the "polls" disaster of 2016 + my location while just 40 miles outside of Philly (still considered a suburb) and it is deeply pro-Trump. Probably 4:1 or 5:1. I bet if I lived in NY and was viewing the polls and less feverish support for Trump around me I wouldn't be so nervous.
    Even where I am in New Jersey, we're worried about people coming up from South Jersey and causing disturbances in central and North Jersey which tend to lean more liberal.

  5. #5
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,460
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Even where I am in New Jersey, we're worried about people coming up from South Jersey and causing disturbances in central and North Jersey which tend to lean more liberal.
    I just feel like Trump pulled out PA in 2016 and this state outside of the usual cities and large towns feels redder than ever to me. (I spend more time in rural areas vs. suburban/urban areas). I hope those who want Trump out (or simply wouldn't mind a change) in this state are aware of his support and get out and vote. The final numbers will be captivating in the swing states.

  6. #6
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    14,241
    Rep Power
    98
    This was the worst experience I've ever had voting today. Waited on line to get in, which is fine, I understand, but then when I get inside, there are only 2 people at the booths to fill out the ballots, with a good 10-15 booths in total. The lady who called my up to sign me in, she gave me an attitude like I was bothering her, she also sat there without calling anyone for a good 5 minutes, let the other 3 tables call people to them. Then as I was waiting to get my ballot, with about 3 people in front of me, the lady tells them hold on a minute, proceeds to shove a half of a bagel with cream cheese into her mouth, then licks her fingers and continues to hand out the ballots. No napkin, no wipe and no sanitizer afterward. Had I not already been checked in, I probably would have left, especially since I wasn't voting for either of these clowns. I only went for my local elections.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,898
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    This was the worst experience I've ever had voting today. Waited on line to get in, which is fine, I understand, but then when I get inside, there are only 2 people at the booths to fill out the ballots, with a good 10-15 booths in total. The lady who called my up to sign me in, she gave me an attitude like I was bothering her, she also sat there without calling anyone for a good 5 minutes, let the other 3 tables call people to them. Then as I was waiting to get my ballot, with about 3 people in front of me, the lady tells them hold on a minute, proceeds to shove a half of a bagel with cream cheese into her mouth, then licks her fingers and continues to hand out the ballots. No napkin, no wipe and no sanitizer afterward. Had I not already been checked in, I probably would have left, especially since I wasn't voting for either of these clowns. I only went for my local elections.

    What you're describing is extremely unprofessional.

    Did a turn as a poll worker a few years back one year when my biz got slow. My retired teacher mom has done so for decades. It's a boring monotonous job, but you know that going into it. Get some satisfaction that you're doing something civic-minded.

    But point being poll workers are given ample breaks and they're told emphatically not to eat or drink anything at the tables nor while interacting with voters spare bottled water. Between the electronic tablets, signature books and ballots, lots of things can be destroyed. Would strongly suggest you contact the BOE to complain after this is over. Problem is poll workers are seasonal. Really isn't much the BOE can do, but at least this person should be barred from working another election.

  8. #8
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,460
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    This was the worst experience I've ever had voting today. Waited on line to get in, which is fine, I understand, but then when I get inside, there are only 2 people at the booths to fill out the ballots, with a good 10-15 booths in total. The lady who called my up to sign me in, she gave me an attitude like I was bothering her, she also sat there without calling anyone for a good 5 minutes, let the other 3 tables call people to them. Then as I was waiting to get my ballot, with about 3 people in front of me, the lady tells them hold on a minute, proceeds to shove a half of a bagel with cream cheese into her mouth, then licks her fingers and continues to hand out the ballots. No napkin, no wipe and no sanitizer afterward. Had I not already been checked in, I probably would have left, especially since I wasn't voting for either of these clowns. I only went for my local elections.
    Disgusting.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,879
    Rep Power
    109
    so Im working on an election right now.

    we had people doing visibility near poll sites (completely legal. you just cant be within 100 feet of the entrance of a pollsite)

    Local Sheriffs came and started threatening our people. there were signs up for Democrats and Republicans. they ripped down the democrat signs and threatened to arrest the people handing out flyers (again, completely legal as long as you stay far enough away). the volunteers, fearing arrest, went somewhere else to do it. those same sherrifs followed them there and told them they would be arrested if they didnt go home
    __________________________________

  10. #10
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,477
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    so Im working on an election right now.

    we had people doing visibility near poll sites (completely legal. you just cant be within 100 feet of the entrance of a pollsite)

    Local Sheriffs came and started threatening our people. there were signs up for Democrats and Republicans. they ripped down the democrat signs and threatened to arrest the people handing out flyers (again, completely legal as long as you stay far enough away). the volunteers, fearing arrest, went somewhere else to do it. those same sherrifs followed them there and told them they would be arrested if they didnt go home

    Report intimidation to the Election Protection Hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE [866-687-8683]

  11. #11
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,879
    Rep Power
    109
    yep we're on it.
    __________________________________

  12. #12
    Moderator Bantam Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    so Im working on an election right now.

    we had people doing visibility near poll sites (completely legal. you just cant be within 100 feet of the entrance of a pollsite)

    Local Sheriffs came and started threatening our people. there were signs up for Democrats and Republicans. they ripped down the democrat signs and threatened to arrest the people handing out flyers (again, completely legal as long as you stay far enough away). the volunteers, fearing arrest, went somewhere else to do it. those same sherrifs followed them there and told them they would be arrested if they didnt go home
    Where is this? (Generally. )

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,879
    Rep Power
    109
    Rockland County NY
    __________________________________

  14. #14
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,902
    Rep Power
    339
    Last edited by G1000; 11-03-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  15. #15
    //reported BSBH Prospect
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,394
    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Mobile link?
    #imthebadguy

  16. #16
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    2,351
    Rep Power
    64

    U.S. Postal Service Ordered to Check for Delayed Ballots in Key Battlegrounds

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A judge ordered the U.S. Postal Service to sweep some mail processing facilities on Tuesday afternoon for delayed ballots and immediately dispatch them for delivery in election battlegrounds such Pennsylvania and Florida among other places.

    Affected by the order are central Pennsylvania, northern New England, greater South Carolina, south Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Alabama and Wyoming as well as the cities of Atlanta, Houston, Philadelphia, Detroit and Lakeland, Florida.

    U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan ordered postal officials to complete the inspections by 3 p.m. EST (2000 GMT) and certify by 4:30 p.m. EST (2130 GMT) that no ballots were left behind.




    https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN27J2DN

  17. #17
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,648
    Rep Power
    443
    No wait. Only one in the entire room, besides the few poll workers.

    My presidential vote is irrelevant in NY, only went because I know the guy running for the assembly seat.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  18. #18
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,879
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    No wait. Only one in the entire room, besides the few poll workers.

    My presidential vote is irrelevant in NY, only went because I know the guy running for the assembly seat.
    state level races are incredibly important too so good on you for voting in it. More people should be paying attention to that and not just only voting for presidential
    __________________________________

  19. #19
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,648
    Rep Power
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    state level races are incredibly important too so good on you for voting in it. More people should be paying attention to that and not just only voting for presidential
    Gallahan in 131. Grew up with his kids. Daughter is a smoke show. Pretty active figure in a nearby community, which is important to get my vote.

    Growing up in district 130, i was in everything with Assemblyman B Oaks' kid. So its always been important for me that those guys, and all representatives, are active in their community.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  20. #20
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,879
    Rep Power
    109
    I managed a campaign in that area two years ago but not quite that far out.

    the guy who your friend is gonna replace was the minority leader in the Assembly who got caught driving drunk
    __________________________________

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •