• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

No Bodychecking Allowed in the OHL This Season

Scott

I'm all for taking as many measures as possible to stay safe, but like, I think this is too far. Forgetting the actually playing hockey/players learning to play pro stuff, purely from a safety standpoint, this isn;t going to change the risks. guys are still gonna be within a certain distance of eachother, guys are still gonna share lockerrooms. Why not just play less games with more time in between and complete testing before and after all games?

How much freedom do these players have to leave and play elsewhere? They will be doing nothing for their careers, and whatever numbers they put up will be considered irrelevant. The game will still be played in close quarters, and the elimination of body checking will not make things safer. You will see a lot of tight scrums for the puck where previously a body check would have separated a guy from the puck and lead to the players spreading out. Dumb. PC foolishness.

• 2 weeks later...
How much freedom do these players have to leave and play elsewhere? They will be doing nothing for their careers, and whatever numbers they put up will be considered irrelevant. The game will still be played in close quarters, and the elimination of body checking will not make things safer. You will see a lot of tight scrums for the puck where previously a body check would have separated a guy from the puck and lead to the players spreading out. Dumb. PC foolishness.

Currently with no junior hockey in Canada....not a lot of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk