• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coyotes Renounce Rights to Controversial Draft Pick, Mitchell Miller

Phil

I have no idea what this even is...

But I'm certainly not gonna be upset that some asshole (who probably wasn't making the NHL anyway) isn't getting a shot. Sorry buddy, ya blew it when you forced a disabled black kid eat a urinal cake out of a toilet. You can't be a public figure now. That's how it goes.

Well let's be clear, though. It's not what he did at 14 that's the issue. It's that the behavior continued.

Nobody would want to be, or should be, judged solely on what they did at 14.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what this even is...

But I'm certainly not gonna be upset that some asshole (who probably wasn't making the NHL anyway) isn't getting a shot. Sorry buddy, ya blew it when you forced a disabled black kid eat a urinal cake out of a toilet. You can't be a public figure now. That's how it goes.

No, it doesnt. Only for kids.

If your are an athlete you can rape, kill, steal, abuse, beat, whatever, No issues. Be a douche as a kid and he deserves to DIE!!

I don't care about this kid, honestly. But the hypocritical mindset of people is out of control.

My son was secretly canceled cultured after getting expelled and arrested his sophomore year. He wasn’t only black balled from all local private schools, but it spilled into his hockey career ad he was cut by 2 teams that had promised him spots months before the incident. They took his passion away at the age of 15, as he was headed in a completely different path than he is now. He had prep schools and junior teams talking to him and then it was all gone in what seemed like a split second. End of the day, I back his actions 100% and I wouldn’t want him to change a thing. Timing is everything, and this Mitch kid made a horrific move at the age of 14. We don’t know if this kid is truly sorry though, because teams weren’t convinced he had changed. Maybe he is a different kid, but in today’s society no one wants to deal with the backlash and the distractions. For his sake I hope he changed and became a better person, maybe he’ll get another shot. If not, fuck em.
  • Like 2

1. Couldn't happened to a better team. EFF that welfare case of a franchise.

2. If a guy like Pac Man Jones could STILL have a career after the $h!t he did, not to mention countless others who've also been "bad seeds". no reason this kid won't find work anywhere else. Just the sad reality. Not only that, Colin Kaepernick & Mesut ?zil "ruined" their careers because of what they stood for.

READ. THE. FUCKING. ARTICLES.

This goes beyond verbal abuse.

Articles? I saw one in this thread. It mentioned the verbal abuse and the one incident that goes beyond verbal abuse, but isn't really physical abuse either. It's a cruel prank that young teenagers don't understand the severity or potential dangers of it. Other articles I pulled up on Google talked about the same, so maybe you can share other articles here for me to read that I am unaware of.

Either you didn't read what happened or you're purposely downplaying it to make some kind of point.

If it's the latter, make your point.

I think I made my point. DUI manslaughter is a few orders of magnitude worse than bullying, derogatory racial speech, and/or carrying out a rather cruel prank. Sounds like an environment of poor parenting.

Articles? I saw one in this thread. It mentioned the verbal abuse and the one incident that goes beyond verbal abuse, but isn't really physical abuse either. It's a cruel prank that young teenagers don't understand the severity or potential dangers of it. Other articles I pulled up on Google talked about the same, so maybe you can share other articles here for me to read that I am unaware of.

At 14, you know the severity of calling someone a n- - - - r. End of story. Does that mean he can’t change or hasn’t? No, but he didn’t do a good job of convincing teams he has changed.

I think I made my point. DUI manslaughter is a few orders of magnitude worse than bullying, derogatory racial speech, and/or carrying out a rather cruel prank. Sounds like an environment of poor parenting.

Don’t be quick to point fingers at parents for 1 stupid thing their kid may have done or 20 stupid things that their kid may have done. I know soooo many good parents that have shit bags for kids and it also works the other way around. Sometimes the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, but that’s not always the case.

This isn't "bullying," either. They're fucking hate crimes. If he wasn't a juvenile, he'd be in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, yeah...isn't that the whole point of this discussion though? It's because he was a kid when it happened. What the kid did was heinous and the fact that some felt he wasn't remorseful makes it worse but how long does a punishment go on for? In this kid's case, it sounds like forever, which I think is excessive.

At 14, you know the severity of calling someone a n- - - - r. End of story. Does that mean he can’t change or hasn’t? No, but he didn’t do a good job of convincing teams he has changed.

I was talking about the severity of the prank. Not the severity of the N word. A 14 year old doesn't really think through about diseases you can get from a prank like that.

Don’t be quick to point fingers at parents for 1 stupid thing their kid may have done or 20 stupid things that their kid may have done. I know soooo many good parents that have shit bags for kids and it also works the other way around. Sometimes the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, but that’s not always the case.

The kids were exposed to doing and saying cruel stuff like that somehow. Whether it's certain movies, entertainment, video games, etc. Stuff they shouldn't be watching or doing at that age. And in before everyone says "my parents let me watch trash movies and play GTA at 13 and I wasn't a fucktard", not everyone is the same. Some kids are more impacted by that stuff. Not saying this is definitely how it went down, but if I was putting money on it....

Do you though? Do you know the he consequences of doing it will follow you the rest of your life, and do you know what that means at 14? If you do, you have good parents.

If you don't, you may not have strong parents.

Do you though? Do you know the he consequences of doing it will follow you the rest of your life, and do you know what that means at 14? If you do, you have good parents.

You do when you continue the same behavior after you're convicted of bullying. This guy didn't learn any lesson. More than ten NHL teams came the exact same conclusion.

Well, yeah...isn't that the whole point of this discussion though? It's because he was a kid when it happened. What the kid did was heinous and the fact that some felt he wasn't remorseful makes it worse but how long does a punishment go on for? In this kid's case, it sounds like forever, which I think is excessive.

He's not being punished. He's not being rewarded for not learning a powerful lesson. That's not the same thing. He's not in prison. He's in no legal jeopardy. This may have cost him his hockey career, but it's largely his own doing.

John Vanbiesbrouck is the assistant executive director of hockey operations for USA hockey and he used racial slurs in his past......not condoning one bit what this kid did from the ages of 14-17 or whatever the ages were but this won’t help him become a better person.

Hell do we even though if this kid (and that’s what he is, a kid) was instructed not to approach the victim by those close to him for fear of admitting to something he could be on the hook for in a civil case? I just don’t agree with the “fuck him” approach at his age but the lack of accountability many many times for adults that do some horrible things in years of their lives where there isn’t even remotely an excuse of youth.

You do when you continue the same behavior after you're convicted of bullying. This guy didn't learn any lesson. More than ten NHL teams came the exact same conclusion.
Right, and that's exactly why I said he's not being punished for what he did at 14. He's being punished for everything that happened after that.

At 14, you know the severity of calling someone a n- - - - r. End of story. Does that mean he can?t change or hasn?t? No, but he didn?t do a good job of convincing teams he has changed.

We didn?t use the N word toward blacks, growing up. We knew it, used it, but not against blacks. Same with ?fag?, ?gay?, anything else. We used words and never associated with the racism or discrimination.

With CoD and online games, that?s all you hear.

My best friend in college was black, and he even used the hard N word to describe certain people. And then, you enter the workforce and these words aren?t jokes.

It wasn?t bad parenting, as I had been punished for doing/saying dumb shit previously. I think we just say shit until we realize ?wow, I could not get/lose my job because of this?

But, I also know when I?m saying ?ga with my boys, and saying hard N To someone,

We never put power behind the words unless you wanted to.

So, yes and no.

I was talking about the severity of the prank. Not the severity of the N word. A 14 year old doesn't really think through about diseases you can get from a prank like that.

The kids were exposed to doing and saying cruel stuff like that somehow. Whether it's certain movies, entertainment, video games, etc. Stuff they shouldn't be watching or doing at that age. And in before everyone says "my parents let me watch trash movies and play GTA at 13 and I wasn't a fucktard", not everyone is the same. Some kids are more impacted by that stuff. Not saying this is definitely how it went down, but if I was putting money on it....

Do you realize the impact sm has on today?s teenagers? I knew a pastor?s daughter when I was a teen that would suck your dick dry on a daily basis. Learned that at Sunday mass?

You think these kids don?t see what goes on every day and understand the consequences of their actions? They 100% do and they understand it a lot better than we did, that?s what makes something like this worse.

• Like 1

He's not being punished. He's not being rewarded for not learning a powerful lesson. That's not the same thing. He's not in prison. He's in no legal jeopardy. This may have cost him his hockey career, but it's largely his own doing.

He's being punished for sure. This kid, to get to the level that he is at where he's been drafted by an NHL team, had to have been hyper-focused on this goal and dedicated countless hours of hard work to achieve it. To have that taken away because of bad shit he did when he was 14 definitely seems like more punishment.

Yes, this is a punishment. His ‘release’ is a direct result, after he had already gone through a legal proceeding.

He's being punished for sure. This kid, to get to the level that he is at where he's been drafted by an NHL team, had to have been hyper-focused on this goal and dedicated countless hours of hard work to achieve it. To have that taken away because of bad shit he did when he was 14 definitely seems like more punishment.

It's not being taken away because of "shit he did when he was 14." it's being taken away because he continued the behavior after his conviction and failed to convince multiple NHL teams he had any remorse for his behavior.

You think these kids don?t see what goes on every day and understand the consequences of their actions? They 100% do and they understand it a lot better than we did, that?s what makes something like this worse.
The difference between today and 4 years ago is about as wide as the Grand canyon.