• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coyotes Renounce Rights to Controversial Draft Pick, Mitchell Miller

Phil

My issue here is that USHL, UND, and Arizona Coyotes felt this kid was deserving of a chance, and now because of a PR uproar, they're bailing on him.

Obviously what the kid did was wrong. But just like certain people didn't think he was remorseful, other people did. But they don't have a right feel that way because the mob is telling them how to feel, and the teams have to comply, or else.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I?m not suggesting this kid get canceled, because clearly the mother of the other kid is a spiteful rat, which I can?t condone no matter what the situation is. If you have a problem, handle your business yourself or stfu. However, kids, teens, young adults, mature adults, all need to take accountability for their actions and not fuckin blame others or blame it on something. If you did it, you did it, right or wrong it doesn?t matter. Your actions have consequences, man up, respect it, take your punishment.
I believe if you asked her, she would say that making life tougher for Miller was exactly that - handling her business.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

but you didn't though. those are not related
I have no idea what you're talking about.

This kid made racist comments as part of bullying. That's really the only racial topic that needs to be discussed here. We don't need to go down the "but if he were black" path all the time.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

This kid made racist comments as part of bullying. That's really the only racial topic that needs to be discussed here. We don't need to go down the "but if he were black" path all the time.

I mean that Ray Lewis is in no way related to this incident or what I was talking about at all

My comment is that, the people who are clamoring for us to not hold childhood mistakes accountable for Miller, I wish would be consistent. I can’t imagine how the story of a racist bully who hurled racial slurs at a classmate for years shouldn’t involve race? Some are quick to forgive racism and chalk it up to childhood mistakes vs actually forgiving and wiping the slate clean for people who suffer long term life consequences as a result of being in the criminal justice system.

Maybe we are miscommunicating? I think bringing up Lewis, I may have give. The impression I’m talking about sports and people getting chances to still take part? I’m not, nor should anyone hold the NFL as a barometer here

Somewhat off topic to this particular issue, but some what related, is the fact that everything everyone does is documented now. Stuff that you said and did as a 13 year old kid was memorialized on social media, tweeted, retweeted and then shared on tik tok. I can?t imagine being a kid now and I?m not that old.

background checks for employment will discover a lot more about a person going forward. Almost no privacy and have to be accountable for everything and at any age.