• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Coffee Thread

Keirik

Figured there would be one but a quick search says otherwise outside of Phil liking Frappacinos lol. If I'm wrong by all means merge please.

Anyway, what are some of everyone's favorites? Have a favorite bean? I used to be a pure French Press kind of guy and take the time to steep, use a coarse grind machine etc. My later years however have started getting me a bit lazier. I use the Keurig mostly, but have a reusable k cup and am probably buying a new burr grinder just so i can get a better ground coffee in there instead of the stale crap you buy in a 12 pack.

So how about it? Anyone else drink coffee?

We probably had one that got lost in The Purge.™

I've definitely evolved from Frappacinos. Lattes are my go-to, and when not, French Press or drip. I'm a huge Gregory's fan, so I tend to drink anything I get from them. Their house blend and night vision espresso are fantastic. A while ago, back when the pandemic first sorta began, they actually sent out a care package to me for being a loyal customer and their steep bags were great.

I have been drinking drip coffee all my life. I've had pourovers. I even bought a french press and I never fucking use it. You know what I do now?

NESPRESSO and I am never going back to drip ever fucking again. Holy shit, this thing makes amazing fucking coffee (I'm no coffee snob so I'm sure there is better coffee out there, but I don't care); I don't even care how fucking expensive it was. I don't care how expensive the pods are. I don't care that the pods are hard to get in stores. I don't care. It's so fucking good.

PS: Fuck Keurig. They're not even playing the same game.

I have been drinking drip coffee all my life. I've had pourovers. I even bought a french press and I never fucking use it. You know what I do now?

NESPRESSO and I am never going back to drip ever fucking again. Holy shit, this thing makes amazing fucking coffee (I'm no coffee snob so I'm sure there is better coffee out there, but I don't care); I don't even care how fucking expensive it was. I don't care how expensive the pods are. I don't care that the pods are hard to get in stores. I don't care. It's so fucking good.

its funny you mention that. I actually have a Nespresso as well, but i never use it weirdly. Like never.

Keurig is some vile, vile shit. I'm with you here. I have a Nespresso, but my wife usually uses that for lattes or anytime she needs steamed milk.

--

All of my beans come from Costco. I've tried practically everything they sell, but my favorite by far is the Ruta Maya medium roast: https://rutamayacoffee.com/collections/shop/products/medium-roast

When that bag is freshly opened, it's absolutely heavenly.

My grinder is a Baratza Encore. I use the Aeropress for every cup of coffee I make.

I really recommend the Aeropress for anyone who likes press coffee but doesn't want to deal with the cleanup/messiness of the French press.

One thing I'm looking for a is a better coffee storage solution because even though my wife and I go through the big Costco bags kind of fast, the beans are always somewhat stale at the end. My current vacuum container doesn't seem to be pulling its weight. Does anyone have suggestions?

I've only recently gotten into drinking coffee within the past year so most of the stuff you guys are talking about are over my head. I don't even like coffee, I literally drink it just for the creamer. On topic though, my wife and I have gone through Dunkin grinds, Folgers grinds, Maxwell House grinds, and Choc Full of Nuts grinds(Like I said, I am clearly not on the level you guys are on lol). At work we have Kirkland medium roast by Starbucks and Kirkland Colombian and both are god awful. By far my favorite is 7-11 crumb cake coffee. I have even stooped to going to 7-11 just to buy a few bags of grinds from them(not very economical financially). We found a company on Amazon that makes a pretty good crumb cake coffee, I would have to log into our account to get the name. Its not bad but its not 7-11. We have a Ninja coffee brewer that we like. Its really all we know so I have no clue how good it really is or not. Its easy to use and easy to clean so it works.

I have been drinking Bones Coffee, and it is by far the best coffee I’ve had. It’s flavored and only available from their site, but it’s delivered quickly, and since I’ve started drinking it, I’ve stopped using sugar in my coffee. I love the Strawberry Cheesecake one, by far my favorite, but I’ve tried a bunch of their flavors.

Nespresso is great and Illy is a strong favorite too. When I was much younger my uncle owned a spices, teas and coffee store in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I lived with him for about 8 months and every morning my grandmother made us a sampling from his 70-coffee import list. She made press, drip and invert drip with 4-6 coffees every day. We’d sample small cups for breakfast and my uncle was trying to teach me nuanced flavors so I could help sell in the retail store. I was a cream and sugar guy back then so I did not learn too much. Kona Hawaii and real Jamaica Blue Mountain stood out. Years later, my wife and I brought an entire suitcase full of Venezuelan coffee back home from a trip. (Must look into getting some Bonez.)

Nespresso is great and Illy is a strong favorite too. When I was much younger my uncle owned a spices, teas and coffee store in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I lived with him for about 8 months and every morning my grandmother made us a sampling from his 70-coffee import list. She made press, drip and invert drip with 4-6 coffees every day. We’d sample small cups for breakfast and my uncle was trying to teach me nuanced flavors so I could help sell in the retail store. I was a cream and sugar guy back then so I did not learn too much. Kona Hawaii and real Jamaica Blue Mountain stood out. Years later, my wife and I brought an entire suitcase full of Venezuelan coffee back home from a trip. (Must look into getting some Bonez.)

So true about real Jamaica Blue Mountain. Some very good stuff. Very smooth. Used to have it a lot overseas. Was so disappointed first few times in this country I tried it only to realize it was more of a blend. Same with Kona. Thry are allowed to call something “Kona” with like 10% only of it actually being Kona. It’s nuts .

Just looked at their website. I'll leave the politics out of my coffee lol.

Blah, who don’t like freedom lol

Think it’s because they are run by veterans and donate part of proceeds to them. I’ll give a little review though. Heard nothing but good stuff of their coffee. I’m sure some of the beer I drink comes from some pretty opinionated hipsters too lol

Think it’s because they are run by veterans and don’t part of proceeds to them. I’ll give a little review though. Heard nothing but good stuff of their coffee. I’m sure some of the beer I drink comes from some pretty opinionated hipsters too lol

I'm sure most of my IPAs are from majorly liberal hipsters with man buns. Igaf. I love my beer.

Think it’s because they are run by veterans and donate part of proceeds to them. I’ll give a little review though. Heard nothing but good stuff of their coffee. I’m sure some of the beer I drink comes from some pretty opinionated hipsters too lol

I'm sure most of my IPAs are from majorly liberal hipsters with man buns. Igaf. I love my beer.
Totally agree on the beer lol.

I drink tequila.