• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Coffee Thread

Keirik

When I'm drunk, yes. I PWI often.

So do you, judgeing by the time of day + day of week / number of typos. Sometimes I have to check who posted, you or Puckhead.

lol, to be honest, a lot of it is because i use an ipad or phone solely and i suck with virtual typing. However, im not immune to some late night texts either on nyquil or alcohol lol

I'll drink the occasional espresso. That's pretty much it. I'm more of a tea guy.

not bad. I had brought back some pretty awesome tea from China that i sometimes hunt down and find online. It's good for diets to change over from coffee to tea at least for me.

not bad. I had brought back some pretty awesome tea from China that i sometimes hunt down and find online. It's good for diets to change over from coffee to tea at least for me.

Chinese teas are dope. Got some while I was over in Hong Kong. Got great ones in England as well. Moroccan Mint from Fortnum and Mason was a favorite of mine. Pretty hard for me to find one I won't like. It's about all I consume — hot or cold. That, and beer.

Chinese teas are dope. Got some while I was over in Hong Kong. Got great ones in England as well. Moroccan Mint from Fortnum and Mason was a favorite of mine. Pretty hard for me to find one I won't like. It's about all I consume — hot or cold. That, and beer.

I do a lot of jasmine and oolong tea. Hard to source it here but it's doable. Man they are serious about tea over in China. So many varieties, prices, brews, etc. It's overwhelming.

Totally agree on the beer lol.

I drink tequila.

Fuck that tequila kicks my ass. I had a bad night of drinking back in my early 20s(I still remember it so vividly because of the tequila lol) and had just ONE tequila shot and I was hung the fuck over the next day. Few years later was working a Toys 4 Tots event in my dress blues and people were buying myself and the other two Marines drinks all over the place. Someone passed me a tequila shot and I about lost it just smelling it. I sucked it up and drank it though. Next day was another rough one. To this day just the smell of that stuff makes my stomach churn.

Whiskey makes me a mean drunk.

Me too dude. Mean and horny hahahahaha

Fuck that tequila kicks my ass. I had a bad night of drinking back in my early 20s(I still remember it so vividly because of the tequila lol) and had just ONE tequila shot and I was hung the fuck over the next day. Few years later was working a Toys 4 Tots event in my dress blues and people were buying myself and the other two Marines drinks all over the place. Someone passed me a tequila shot and I about lost it just smelling it. I sucked it up and drank it though. Next day was another rough one. To this day just the smell of that stuff makes my stomach churn.

Me too dude. Mean and horny hahahahaha

Haha! Same lol.

We probably had one that got lost in The Purge.™

I've definitely evolved from Frappacinos. Lattes are my go-to, and when not, French Press or drip. I'm a huge Gregory's fan, so I tend to drink anything I get from them. Their house blend and night vision espresso are fantastic. A while ago, back when the pandemic first sorta began, they actually sent out a care package to me for being a loyal customer and their steep bags were great.

Their iced Chai lattes are pretty delicious. Pretty much Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk is how id describe the flavor.

I've only recently gotten into drinking coffee within the past year so most of the stuff you guys are talking about are over my head. I don't even like coffee, I literally drink it just for the creamer. On topic though, my wife and I have gone through Dunkin grinds, Folgers grinds, Maxwell House grinds, and Choc Full of Nuts grinds(Like I said, I am clearly not on the level you guys are on lol). At work we have Kirkland medium roast by Starbucks and Kirkland Colombian and both are god awful. By far my favorite is 7-11 crumb cake coffee. I have even stooped to going to 7-11 just to buy a few bags of grinds from them(not very economical financially). We found a company on Amazon that makes a pretty good crumb cake coffee, I would have to log into our account to get the name. Its not bad but its not 7-11. We have a Ninja coffee brewer that we like. Its really all we know so I have no clue how good it really is or not. Its easy to use and easy to clean so it works.

I loved 7-11 coffee when I lived on LI. Since moving to PA, the two 7-11's I've been to dont seem to be the same coffee as on LI. Here and Jersey have these all in one machines, unlike the single makers for each flavor like on LI. Miss my 7-11 coffee.

Just looked it up. That looks legit lol. Get it in copper

Yeah I think I'm gonna go for it. It's supposed to be the best their is. Hand assembled in the Netherlands with high end parts and heats the water to 185+ degrees in seconds and stays there for the whole brewing process to brew the perfect coffee lol. They're supposed to last forever too. Usually $400 but dropped to $245 on prime day. Missed it then but I think they're going to be running the same deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday so we'll see.

Yeah I think I'm gonna go for it. It's supposed to be the best their is. Hand assembled in the Netherlands with high end parts and heats the water to 185+ degrees in seconds and stays there for the whole brewing process to brew the perfect coffee lol. They're supposed to last forever too. Usually $400 but dropped to $245 on prime day. Missed it then but I think they're going to be running the same deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday so we'll see.

Awesome. Make sure you post a good review here. Always good to see another option.

• 3 weeks later...
So I overall like the Black Rifle Coffee Co. had the thin blue line and Freedom blends. Might not be for everyone with their obvious leanings but some proceeds to go Veterans so I can live with it. Good balance to the cup with a clean finish. A good cup leaning on the side of bold without being too harsh so I’m pleased.

I have the coffee on my shopping list. Looking forward to trying it out.

It’s pretty good. Def on the better than average side. I just like how it’s a good clean cup. Not muddy nor watery with their medium roasts. Will probably try out there darker one next.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
16 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I've actually been going out of my way to get the exotic roasts available at local markets. Nothing to really recommend, but really nice to try different roasts and higher quality than my usual fare.

What I’ve been trying to do lately is really only buy roasts that have a date on the, so I know how fresh they are. I believe the flavor starts to degrade after 30 days of roasting. I only buy whole bean too and grind one cup at a time.