• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pronman: Rangers Still #1 Under-22

LindG1000

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most exciting rebuild ever.

Always building a team in hopes of slowing down stars and suddenLy the Rangers have their own young stars. And they’re legit

It's a fabulous time to be a Ranger fan!!! And also a tremendous time to join us here!! Welcome aboard!!! :thumbs:

Played there many o times as well back in late 80s/very early 90s lol

Jeez guys. That was my town. Played there a bunch, wasn't very good, but had a lot of friends who were pretty decent. Had some wild games there. Was sad to see it go. Definitely got a lot of people into the sport. Was one of the first of its kind anywhere.

Jeez guys. That was my town. Played there a bunch, wasn't very good, but had a lot of friends who were pretty decent. Had some wild games there. Was sad to see it go. Definitely got a lot of people into the sport. Was one of the first of its kind anywhere.

Yeah I grew up in Selden so that was the place for dek for all of us. Kings Park or Dix Hills for ice, think Miller Place for roller...lots of memories at Plaza growing up.

Yeah I grew up in Selden so that was the place for dek for all of us. Kings Park or Dix Hills for ice, think Miller Place for roller...lots of memories at Plaza growing up.

Dont forget Shelley who last ran the dek in Centereach, opened up a nice roller place in the old spaceplex in Smithtown/Nesconset.What a difference proper lighting did for myself as a goalie.

Was a place in Coram too.

Do you remember when plaza was actually set up in back of Plaza and Modells before they built the rink on Mark Tree?

Dont forget Shelley who last ran the dek in Centereach, opened up a nice roller place in the old spaceplex in Smithtown/Nesconset.What a difference proper lighting did for myself as a goalie.

Was a place in Coram too.

Do you remember when plaza was actually set up in back of Plaza and Modells before they built the rink on Mark Tree?

Shelley..holy shit I haven’t heard that name in a long time. Wow.

I only remember Plaza on Mark Tree rd. I remember playing after it closed off of 347 in two places mostly for roller though. One was next to a lumber yard just east of Patchogue Mt Sinai rd and an indoor place also by there.

There was also some smaller indoor rink in Setauket like in a weird dead end area by Sheep Pasture Rd as well.

Small world story, Shelly was married to my wife's best friend.

Of course I didn't know my wife back then.

At first I confused Shelly with Cookie!! Remember when we played against Cookie...he was dirty fucker with that stick...even worse than me!!!!

I used to call him the Samurai!! :rofl:

KO Express was strictly a Centereach team.

Don't remember the name of the team we played on in Setauket.

I remember playing with Jay Machin in Setauket against Oscar's team and always lighting him up.

Yeah, Jay was on that squad...now I remember. I think I only played a season or 2 in Setauket. We won that year as well, if I remember correctly. Didn't you light up that fish they had in net??? ...You had like 4 goals in one of those playoff games, didn't you??

KO Express was strictly a Centereach team.

Don't remember the name of the team we played on in Setauket.

I remember playing with Jay Machin in Setauket against Oscar's team and always lighting him up.

Is that the team that had all the Portuguese dudes on it?

• Like 1

I only remember Plaza on Mark Tree rd. I remember playing after it closed off of 347 in two places mostly for roller though. One was next to a lumber yard just east of Patchogue Mt Sinai rd and an indoor place also by there.

There was also some smaller indoor rink in Setauket like in a weird dead end area by Sheep Pasture Rd as well.

Oh yeah! That one in Setauket was in a weird spot, by the taxi company.

I definitely played at that one east of Patchogue Mt Sinai. Was my last go at it. Had some of my better games there. That isn't saying much lol.

Oh Jesus, I forgot about them!

Their father used to own the Plaza Sports & dek hockey rink RJ and I used to play at in Centereach!

Believe it or not, I used to be a referee there as well!!! (....no giggling at that!!) :rofl:

I miss that store. That was the last good local hockey store. At least for me as a goalie. The Pure Hockey in Smithtown doesn't stock goalie gear.

I'm a little younger than you guys, grew up in Ronkonkoma. You guys talking about Mayer Deck, if I remember correctly? That's actually one of the local places I never played. I started at Face Off Hockey, in Bayport, off of Nichols Rd south of Sunrise. It had the blue concrete surface. After that I went to Bulldog Arena in St James by all the car dealerships on Middle Country Rd west of the mall.

I'm pretty sure they built a huge ice rink out in Garden city, maybe 5 miles away from the Coliseum by Eisenhower Park.

Its not even 5 miles away from the Coliseum, its real close. Its a beautiful facility. The twins got the ball rolling on the rink but I think they got into some trouble and they were out of the equation before it even finished being built.

Sounds like you're talking about Inline1. Right at the fork where 347 splits to the north and turns to 25A. There was a big hockey player on the roof of the building. That place closed down about 10 years ago. It turned into one of those bounce places. Not sure what it is now.

Also sounds like you guys might also be describing the World Gym hockey rink Mark Tree Rd, just north of 347.

I'm a little younger than you guys, grew up in Ronkonkoma. You guys talking about Mayer Deck, if I remember correctly? That's actually one of the local places I never played. I started at Face Off Hockey, in Bayport, off of Nichols Rd south of Sunrise. It had the blue concrete surface. After that I went to Bulldog Arena in St James by all the car dealerships on Middle Country Rd west of the mall.

Its not even 5 miles away from the Coliseum, its real close. Its a beautiful facility. The twins got the ball rolling on the rink but I think they got into some trouble and they were out of the equation before it even finished being built.

Sounds like you're talking about Inline1. Right at the fork where 347 splits to the north and turns to 25A. There was a big hockey player on the roof of the building. That place closed down about 10 years ago. It turned into one of those bounce places. Not sure what it is now.

Also sounds like you guys might also be describing the World Gym hockey rink Mark Tree Rd, just north of 347.

World gym hockey I played indoor soccer at. That was a bit newer and there late 90s I guess. That was full sized. There was one in setauket much further north called Power Play. It was on Comsewogue rd. Now it’s a gym called revolution.

There was a place I think called miller place hockey. Had two rinks stalked back to back just like Plaza and it was roller and dek. It was on 25a and I think the whole area now is a Stop n Shop lol. There later was a place in the same area across the street that had indoor tennis but also was used for hockey.

I had to stop playing around 93 and strictly played ice after that time.