Thread: 'THE OUTPOST' on Netflix

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division

'THE OUTPOST' on Netflix

whoever set these guys up to potentially get slaughtered every god damn day should be put in the same position. Ridiculous. Let's build an outpost down in a valley surrounded by switchback mountains controlled by the taliban.

Last edited by jsrangers; 10-19-2020 at 01:45 PM.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    This has been in my watch list for a week or so now. I think I'm definitely gonna get around to watching it this week.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    The book was very good and looking forward to watching this movie.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Moderator BSBH Prospect

'THE OUTPOST' on Netflix

Was somewhat disappointed in the movie.
    And so what surprised to see two medal of honors given for that event on how was portrayed by movie.

The actual events were more telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Unlikely Movie Life of ‘The Outpost,’ a Pandemic Sleeper Hit

Now, in time for Veterans Day, a special director’s cut of The Outpost is headed back onto 350 screens across the U.S. on November 11 and 12, featuring a special introduction from director Rod Lurie (The Contender, The Last Castle) and several military veterans who participated in the filming. What’s more, The Outpost’s distributors plan to mount an Academy Awards push for Jones and the film’s screenwriters. “We worked very hard to make this a large, cinematic experience,” Lurie tells Vulture. “But Screen Media saw the virtue of the film and said, ‘No, July 4 weekend is too significant a weekend to give up.’ I think the reviews really propelled it. But this is a prototypical word-of-mouth film, especially among the veteran community.”
    As the movie scrambled into production in Bulgaria in early 2018, Tapper introduced the filmmakers to survivors of the Battle of Kamdesh. And the team not only hired veterans to serve as consultants but also enlisted them to appear on camera — in some cases, autobiographically so. “Daniel Rodriguez plays himself in the film,” Lurie says, “and a guy named Henry Hughes plays Brad Larson. He was at that outpost before the battle, then he went to AFI and got nominated for an Academy Award for a short film. So I had a guy with a filmic background helping me on set.” (IMDb Pro reports that the budget for The Outpost was $18 million, but the director and producer insist this figure is incorrect. Although they will not divulge the price tag, Lurie says the below-the-line costs were “well under” $5 million.”)
    https://www.vulture.com/2020/11/the-...n-netflix.html
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    I keep meaning to check this movie.

It's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens