• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Doc Emrick Retiring from Legendary Broadcasting Career

Phil

It helped to grow the game, too. His voice became synonymous with broadcasts, even in meme form.

"A century ago, Woodrow Wilson was President of the United States. States. Colorado is a state. So is Florida. Avs. Panthers. Rivalary night!"

• Like 1

I thought he said he was retiring a few years ago. I'm tired of him. His quirkiness became tedious with time. He always had the taint of association with the Devils. I liked Gord Miller on the broadcasts of the games in the Toronto bubble. I hope he gets it. I'm tired of the Albert Family Franchise as well.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m in the minority but I though Gary Thorne blows. One of the worst I’ve ever heard. He literally blew one of the most important calls in our lifetime when Matteau scored in ot against the Devils yelling “1940 is history”

Umm no it wasn’t yet Gary. That was for when they won the cup, not getting to it lol. Always used to call the wrong players names too. Not a fan at all.