• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Alexandar Georgiev to 2-Year/$4.85M Extension; $2.425M AAV

Phil

That's high given how other contracts are going. Jake Allen is a good deal better and he only got slightly more than this.

I can't remember what thread it was in, but I told you it was going to be $2.5 – 3.5 million per. I wish I could find it, because I had shown similar comparables for signing age and status. Allen is 30 years old. He doesn't compare.

OK, I guess. I'd just play Kincaid 25 times at league minimum, or would have avoided alienating a franchise legend for a net zero dollar savings, but sure.

Obviously they value Georgiev, I think they're a little optimistic in that regard but it's a good insurance option if Shesterkin misses time.

• Like 1

I can't remember what thread it was in, but I told you it was going to be $2.5 – 3.5 million per. I wish I could find it, because I had shown similar comparables for signing age and status. Allen is 30 years old. He doesn't compare.

Yes, I remember. You were ultimately right on where he'd land, but just because the Rangers agreed to it doesn't mean it's market value. I find it very odd that they wouldn't go arbitration, and I still don't think he would have gotten this much there.

Jake Allen isn't a comparable because he is better and sold UFA years. Georgiev had little leverage. So, very odd decision to go this high by the Rangers IMO.

Or Hank's buyout saved $3 million against the cap, giving them $1.6 million for Georgiev's raise and another $1.4 million to put towards Strome or ADA if they end up signing.

Nah. We argued the Lundy buyout + Geo increase vs just keeping Hank and trading Geo was a wash. Others said Geo wouldn't cost that much.

Hank hit was $8.5. Hank buyout + Geo new cap hit is $8.

Nah. We argued the Lundy buyout + Geo increase vs just keeping Hank and trading Geo was a wash. Others said Geo wouldn't cost that much.

I think at this point it was pretty clear the team just wanted to move on from Hank. Probably some internal things the organization didn't feel like publicly sharing like that, he wanted a bigger role than sexy haircut backupbut who knows. It's done and dusted at this point. Already have my Lundqvist jersey waiting to be ordered.

Right, but Hank wasn't going anywhere without the buyout, and after what the pandemic has done they trade offers for Georgiev can only have gotten worse. Without the buyout they don't have the money to give Georgiev his raise in the first place. Georgiev at 24 is clearly a player they like and want to keep around.

NEW YORK RANGERS

New York Rangers

PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : 65.8M

BONUS CUSHION PENALTY Tooltip : 3.95M

PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : 0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : 15.7M

CURRENT CAP SPACE Tooltip : 15.7M

DEADLINE CAP SPACE Tooltip : 49.0M

TODAYS CAP HIT Tooltip : 65.8M

ROSTER SIZE: 20/23

CONTRACTS: 38/50

RESERVE LIST: 62/90