• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Phil

Yelawolf.

Jelly Roll.

Deftones.

Those are my most recent, most popular choices the past few months.

The first two listed above are more obscure southern rappers. Been around awhile, Yelawolf more fame as he was on Eminem?s label for a few years. I tend to enjoy the rap music more driving around or while working out. Deftones (etc) are my everyday, around the house listening Music (aka: around the kids).

Yelawolf:

Jelly Roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've been a huge Linkin Park fan since they broke out with Hybrid Theory when I was in high school. Stuck with them through all of their changes in sound throughout their different records. When Chester hanged himself in July of 2017 I refused to listen to their most recent record, One More Light. I didn't wanna listen to it and come to the conclusion that I'll never hear another new LP record. I have put it off for a little over 3 years now. Last week for the 20th anniversary(holy fuck how is it 20 years already) of the release of their debut album, Hybrid Theory, SiriusXM channel Turbo(90s/2000s hard rock station) played nothing but Linkin Park songs with a few others sprinkled in as picked by the band. That was going on last week and it continued on its own standalone channel on the app for the rest of this week and ends Monday in case anyone is interested. Anyways, while listening to this special programming for the past week and a half I was forced to hear a lot of their newer songs. I bit the bullet and decided to listen to One More Light in its entirety. The past few nights after the kids went to bed and my wife was busy with her own work I spent a lot of time watching all kinds of behind the scenes videos, interviews, live performances...anything involving Chester Bennington. Its been a depressing 2 weeks lol. Man he is going to be missed. He was just such a phenomenal talent. He could do so many things with that amazing voice of his.

Tl/dr...Linkin Park lol

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • Like 1

I've been a huge Linkin Park fan since they broke out with Hybrid Theory when I was in high school. Stuck with them through all of their changes in sound throughout their different records. When Chester hanged himself in July of 2017 I refused to listen to their most recent record, One More Light. I didn't wanna listen to it and come to the conclusion that I'll never hear another new LP record. I have put it off for a little over 3 years now. Last week for the 20th anniversary(holy fuck how is it 20 years already) of the release of their debut album, Hybrid Theory, SiriusXM channel Turbo(90s/2000s heavy metal station) played nothing but Linkin Park songs with a few others sprinkled in as picked by the band. That was going on last week and it continued on its own standalone channel on the app for the rest of this week and ends Monday in case anyone is interested. Anyways, while listening to this special programming for the past week and a half I was forced to hear a lot of their newer songs. I bit the bullet and decided to listen to One More Light in its entirety. The past few nights after the kids went to bed and my wife was busy with her own work I spent a lot of time watching all kinds of behind the scenes videos, interviews, live performances...anything involving Chester Bennington. Its been a depressing 2 weeks lol. Man he is going to be missed. He was just such a phenomenal talent. He could do so many things with that amazing voice of his.

Tl/dr...Linkin Park lol

this is a good call.

I've watched the you tube videos of his Chester's last concert about 500 times and each time it brings tears. As somebody that battles with similar demons I've always felt the pain in is every word through his songs. Heartbreaking. I understand it when the feeling of hopelessness and never having inner peace overcomes you, I believe they reach a point when they fully believe those around them are better off. Sadly.

this is a good call.

I've watched the you tube videos of his Chester's last concert about 500 times and each time it brings tears. As somebody that battles with similar demons I've always felt the pain in is every word through his songs. Heartbreaking. I understand it when the feeling of hopelessness and never having inner peace overcomes you, I believe they reach a point when they fully believe those around them are better off. Sadly.

I won't lie, there were so many moments where I had tears in my eyes. It really is such a shame. More importantly I am sorry to hear about your own personal situation. Please, if you ever need someone to talk to, text or call me. I am going to pm you my number.

Good share. Great song. Never seen that live rendition. Looks like LP was probably great to see live.

They definitely got much better over the years for sure in the beginning they were all over the place, the sound was pretty poor and it was more of a party for them. However, the last 8 or so years they were really really good, we missed the last two times they were supposed be here Chester broke his ankle the night before the show and they never rescheduled one year and then the next year he passed a right before they were coming back. You can see how they progressed in the videos you guys posted, they were on the money the second half of their careers.

UP TO 11!

11?

Another one that just hits home, based on the messages in the songs it was pretty clear the guy was in pain for a long time. He did inspire many along the way. Sorry he's gone. A great song.

Yea I have seen a lot of interviews were he described the mental anguish he faced every day. Its very sad. The worst part is seeing so many interviews where he is describing this while sitting right next to Mike Shinoda and it just goes to show there is nothing that could have been done. I saw an interview of Chester's wife Talinda and she described how leading up to his death Chester was in one of his most happiest, positive mental states that he had been in a long time. The whole family was away on vacation, Chester flew back home film a commercial. The family came home a few days later. I think it was the housekeeper that found him if I remember correctly. So fucked up.

Good share. Great song. Never seen that live rendition. Looks like LP was probably great to see live.

I've seen them 5 times live and I loved every single show I went to. They were amazing. So upset that I will never see them again. Even if they do find someone to replace Chester(and I use that word loosely because there is no replacing the type of talent he had), they'll never be quite the same. I loved Three Days Grace but I am not a fan of them post Adam Gontier. I don't like their new singer. I really hope I don't fall to the same fate with Linkin Park.

• 10 months later...