• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BUF Sign Taylor Hall to 1-Year Deal; $8M AAV

Blue Heaven

I seriously doubt he had "zero" takers. I actually think is probably a good, calculated risk on his part, too. He plays a season (or a huge chunk of one) on Eichel's wing, pots 40, and goes into a better, more stable free agent market next summer when the cap can possibly increase. He and his agent knew this one was flat, so there's probably some hesitancy to lock himself down just yet.

Colorado seemed the measurably better market, but maybe balked at the price? They still needed to re-sign Burakovsky, and ended up dealing for Saad ($5M x 1).

How many contenders can add $8m right now? Not that surprising that he would have to go to Buffalo. The one year is a surprise and reflects how much his star has fallen in a short time. Good move by Buffalo. If he has a gels with Eichel he may be inclined to re-sign, and even if he does not re-sign, he may help get them in the playoffs for once.

How many contenders can add $8m right now? Not that surprising that he would have to go to Buffalo. The one year is a surprise and reflects how much his star has fallen in a short time. Good move by Buffalo. If he has a gels with Eichel he may be inclined to re-sign, and even if he does not re-sign, he may help get them in the playoffs for once.

I’m sure the rest of the NHL won’t take any notice, but has it ever been more clear that Hall has one goal and one goal only? A one year deal in Siberia basically to wait and hope another team he’d rather play for can free up money to pay him even more. Shrewd decision if all you’re about is dollars and not ever winning.

I?m sure the rest of the NHL won?t take any notice, but has it ever been more clear that Hall has one goal and one goal only? A one year deal in Siberia basically to wait and hope another team he?d rather play for can free up money to pay him even more. Shrewd decision if all you?re about is dollars and not ever winning.
Bingo.

Oft injured winger bets on self for 1 year, having to share puck with goal scoring center and shit everywhere else... Good luck Tay Tay.