• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CAR Sign Jesper Fast to 3-Year/$6M Deal; $2M AAV

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unacceptable to me that the Rangers couldn't match this. It's a $200k raise for a player valued by the team. Did Gorton just not check in again over the last 24 hours? What happened? You're going to end up paying his replacement the same amount anyway. I don't get this.

Fuck matching -- I would have raised it. 2.5x3.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Gorton's just not a good GM. It's becoming quite clear.

I'm starting to lean that way. I just don't get how you don't circle back here. I forget what other player in recent years said that Gorton just basically left him in the dark once negotiations didn't go his way. Dude has no loyalty and then makes questionable moves on top.

What happened to yesterday's calm and optimism? lol

They're not gonna go into next season with half a team so you have to assume they'll be some NHL bodies in the door.

The issue here is that you're now forced to replace a player you didn't need to replace. He got a $200k raise. That's nothing. I know you're not a fan of Fast, but he's especially good at his PKing role and the Rangers are finally in a place where they could play him back down in his proper role. Your best options out there to replace him are Derek Grant and Trevor Lewis.

What happened to yesterday's calm and optimism? lol

They're not gonna go into next season with half a team so you have to assume they'll be some NHL bodies in the door.

Context. The JJ contract is a nothing burger. They'll address the D.

But with a shit bottom 6 already, losing Fast over $200k is ... Almost unforgivable.

When I talk about JJ it's to say that contract isn't a big deal. This is. And when you look at all Gorton's moves... Unloading Staal is the best one. Every trade has been even or a loss. The contracts for Trouba and Panarin are just throwing money at players.

Gorton is no wizard. He's mediocre at best.

Context. The JJ contract is a nothing burger. They'll address the D.

But with a shit bottom 6 already, losing Fast over $200k is ... Almost unforgivable.

When I talk about JJ it's to say that contract isn't a big deal. This is. And when you look at all Gorton's moves... Unloading Staal is the best one. Every trade has been even or a loss. The contracts for Trouba and Panarin are just throwing money at players.

Gorton is no wizard. He's mediocre at best.

Time will tell.

I think you can assume players will be coming in.