• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CAR Sign Jesper Fast to 3-Year/$6M Deal; $2M AAV

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorton is a fucking imbecile. I had it in my head that Fast’s agent was asking close to 3mil. Rangers couldn’t offer him this? Smfh

Imbecile for letting a 3/4th liner walk, but gets zero credit for signing Panarin because apparently anyone could do that (anyone except the teams that offered him more money, of course).

Yes, it's disappointing we haven't signed anyone yet, but c'mon. the reactions here are a bit extreme over the news of completely average players.

Imbecile for letting a 3/4th liner walk, but gets zero credit for signing Panarin because apparently anyone could do that (anyone except the teams that offered him more money, of course).

Yes, it's disappointing we haven't signed anyone yet, but c'mon. the reactions here are a bit extreme over the news of completely average players.

Nobody offered him more, except the Islanders. Gorton had New York City on his side.

Nobody offered him more, except the Islanders. Gorton had New York City on his side.

Unless of course he didn't want to play in NY any longer, or for this organization, or didn't align with the team's vision for his use, or was slighted by the buyout of either Staal or Lundquist.

Possibilities are endless. Life has taught me that if smarter or more experienced people than you are not making a simple decision, it's likely it wasn't simple at all.

Unless of course he didn't want to play in NY any longer, or for this organization, or didn't align with the team's vision for his use, or was slighted by the buyout of either Staal or Lundquist.

Possibilities are endless. Life has taught me that if smarter or more experienced people than you are not making a simple decision, it's likely it wasn't simple at all.

What are you talking about? The comment you quoted was in reference to Panarin.

He did. New York is a top market in the NHL for sure but that pretty much has nothing to do with Gorton's ability as a GM.

The city of new york didn't trade Brassard for Zibanejad or trade for Fox. Or trade for Lindgren or Strome. Or sign Zib to one of the best deals in the NHL. Or have the balls to try to rebuild in this market. Gorton was the GM for this team when they won the league and when they drafted Kakko and Lafrenier.

Yes. There's luck involved. Yes things that haven't worked as well as you would have liked in hindsight, but you can't say he's an imbecile for letting a 4th liner walk and then say everything else that's positive is luck. That's just not the way it works.

Are there better GMs in the league? Yeah. But things are headed in a pretty damn good direction right now.

He did. New York is a top market in the NHL for sure but that pretty much has nothing to do with Gorton's ability as a GM.

The city of new york didn't trade Brassard for Zibanejad or trade for Fox. Or trade for Lindgren or Strome. Or sign Zib to one of the best deals in the NHL. Or have the balls to try to rebuild in this market. Gorton was the GM for this team when they won the league and when they drafted Kakko and Lafrenier.

Yes. There's luck involved. Yes things that haven't worked as well as you would have liked in hindsight, but you can't say he's an imbecile for letting a 4th liner walk and then say everything else that's positive is luck. That's just not the way it works.

Are there better GMs in the league? Yeah. But things are headed in a pretty damn good direction right now.

You're right, Gorton has shown he can take advantage of idiots. Are we calling Ottawa a well-run franchise?

Fox forced his trade here, and one would argue with that we actually offered too much in reference to the fact that we knew he wanted to come here. Same with Trouba. Then he offered max money instead of holding a hard line knowing he to play here.

I can understand how you would give Gorton credit for rebuilding in New York when obviously the mandate came from Dolan.

It's unacceptable to me that the Rangers couldn't match this. It's a $200k raise for a player valued by the team. Did Gorton just not check in again over the last 24 hours? What happened? You're going to end up paying his replacement the same amount anyway. I don't get this.

What happened is that they spent their load on the stiffs that they signed yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What happened is that they spent their load on the stiffs that they signed yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not really. They don't affect their cap space nearly to an extent that's preventative of signing anyone.

The AHL deals are AHL deals complaining about those is pointless. They're all $700-800k and will likely be stored in the minors where they won't count.

In what way? He scored 29 points playing with Panarin.

I'm not worried about him scoring one of 8 goals against us.

Forechecking, creating turnovers on young defenseman, generating short-handed chances. All the things he does well that don't show up on the score sheet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kevin Rooney could probably do that lol

Forechecking, creating turnovers on young defenseman, generating short-handed chances. All the things he does well that don't show up on the score sheet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This is outrageous. I was shocked when I saw those numbers. Why would the guy want to leave NY? He got lots of minutes here, including a lot on the top two lines. This doesn't make sense. Gorton's got some serious 'plainin' to do.

This may seem like a small incident, but I have a feeling that it will be long remembered in the Gorton saga, and not favorably.