• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo, Georgiev, Lemieux, and Strome File for Salary Arbitration

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think if Vlad Namestikov stayed with Rangers and got 19:00 toi playing with Bread he would have done worse or better then Strome?

Same question with Brassard there.

I didn't like what I saw from Namestnikov at center when he was here. Thought he played better on the wing. I'd have liked to see what he could have done with the icetime Fast got on Panarins RW.

Brassard was a really good Ranger, but he was really below average after he left here, or below what we got out of him. He definitely had a nice resurgence with the Isles though. He's always upped his game in the playoffs.

But to answer, I'll say no. Strome has been a pleasant surprise since putting on the Rangers jersey. I just hope it wasn't out of desperation knowing it was his last chance and pretty much a contract year.

Do you guys think if Vlad Namestikov stayed with Rangers and got 19:00 toi playing with Bread he would have done worse or better then Strome?

Same question with Brassard there.

Worse than Strome, better than Fast.

Namestnikovs style didn’t mesh with Quinn’s. He wasn’t a good fit in NY.

With these two contracts done, the vice is tightening on Strome. We'll see what happens. I think Strome would be wise to sign for something of a discount. Being somewhere else without Bread would not be a good idea for a season that is likely to define him for a career.

Strome is a 30ish point player. How much do you commit to that? He isn't an annual 50+ point player. DeAngelo was top 3 at his position in points for 1 year and took a 2 year 4.8 deal. No way Strome gets above 5 but again.....how much do you commit to a 30 point player? One year of decent numbers doesn't make you worth that. Make it an annual occurence and then have some expectation.

Strome is a 30ish point player. How much do you commit to that? He isn't an annual 50+ point player. DeAngelo was top 3 at his position in points for 1 year and took a 2 year 4.8 deal. No way Strome gets above 5 but again.....how much do you commit to a 30 point player? One year of decent numbers doesn't make you worth that. Make it an annual occurence and then have some expectation.
So we can pay for ADAs career year but not Strome's? Like both of their performances weren't boosted by Panarin...

So we can pay for ADAs career year but not Strome's? Like both of their performances weren't boosted by Panarin...

I agree Strome deserves a raise but Tony D was 3rd in points at his position with no reason to believe he isnt trending up towards a productive career at 24 years old (increase in points every year). This is very different than a 27 year old with a plateau of 30 points for most of his career having a career year with an MVP candidate on his line.

It is like comparing apples to oranges. I agree he should be paid, just not overpaid with high expectations. I've been doing background investigations for ten years and one thing I've learned is not to try and reason why things look a certain way on paper; just take it at face value and move on.

Strome @ 4.5/ 2 years is pretty decent but if he returns to a 30 point center, we only have to deal with it for 2 years.

According to Cap Friendly the Rangers have PROJECTED CAP SPACE $10,879,367

I'm feeling Strome's deal is probably going to be one of those 2 Year deals; I'm going to guess 2 years/$10 Mil ($5 mil per season). If I were him, I'd want more years though...so we'll see.

Lemeiux I'll just guess 2 years/$6.5 mil ($3.25 mil per season)

I'm feeling Strome's deal is probably going to be one of those 2 Year deals; I'm going to guess 2 years/$10 Mil ($5 mil per season). If I were him, I'd want more years though...so we'll see.

There is no way Lemieux even gets close to $2 million per year. If he gets offered more than $1.25 I'll be surprised.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Strome signs for 4.5M a year. Don't see him signing for more than a year or two.

3.25 is way too much for Lemieux, anything more than 2M is.

I agree Strome deserves a raise but Tony D was 3rd in points at his position with no reason to believe he isnt trending up towards a productive career at 24 years old (increase in points every year). This is very different than a 27 year old with a plateau of 30 points for most of his career having a career year with an MVP candidate on his line.

It is like comparing apples to oranges. I agree he should be paid, just not overpaid with high expectations. I've been doing background investigations for ten years and one thing I've learned is not to try and reason why things look a certain way on paper; just take it at face value and move on.

Strome @ 4.5/ 2 years is pretty decent but if he returns to a 30 point center, we only have to deal with it for 2 years.

There's no one here who wants to do that.

The whole "did it with an MVP candidate" is tired, tho. We already established if that was the case, why didn't Fast have an offensive explosion?

Look, you need elite players but you also need players to play with elite players. If Strome can be that then there's no reason not to pay him ~$5 when your best player is making almost $12.

There's no one here who wants to do that.

The whole "did it with an MVP candidate" is tired, tho. We already established if that was the case, why didn't Fast have an offensive explosion?

Look, you need elite players but you also need players to play with elite players. If Strome can be that then there's no reason not to pay him ~$5 when your best player is making almost $12.

I get what you are saying about compatibility(Strome producing vs. Fast not), and am totally fine with 2 years at ~5 million per. Having said that, if this team is going to be entering their Cup window two years from now, they are going to need a 2C that can generate their own offense, especially with the uncertainty of Zibanejad's contract.

I'm hoping Strome signs for 4.5M a year. Don't see him signing for more than a year or two.

3.25 is way too much for Lemieux, anything more than 2M is.

Yeah, I think you're right RJ, 3.25 is probably too high....I think Lemeiux is going to be good for us in the coming years, and if they can get him for 2 years/$2 mil a season, I'd be pretty happy with that.