• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo, Georgiev, Lemieux, and Strome File for Salary Arbitration

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you expect to mention it? You mean friends who are also fans? Or do you mean Gorton/JD/Micheletti/Rosen/etc.?

It's not a topic that I would expect the guys affiliated with the Rangers to talk about, unless explicitly asked and they would just give a canned response, but I think you and Thirty might be underestimating the polarity of the current climate and how it affects viewpoints on players outside of the sport. Even an athlete as prominent and giving as Drew Brees got crucified for being vocal about the Anthem kneeling. Like I said, there's a difference between simply liking a player versus lifting him up as a fan favorite and being adored.

Fans obviously. That's where this came from as me saying im surprised he's not more of a fan favorite. I think you're way, way off. I know a good amount of Trump supporting Rangers fans in my profession and I've never heard one person say "man love that Deangelo. Trump guy!" Conversely I've herd very little mainstream political talk around ADA from critics, media, fans, etc. A few times I've heard outspoken but that's about it. Let's agree to disagree.

oh 100% politics. People cant function if someone has a different opinion these days. And you must also hate, with a passion, anyone that doesnt have your same opinions.

Remember, it was 2 seasons ago he was fighting dudes getting the fans pumped up. Then he put up the big numbers.

He literally challenged his own team's fans, on Twitter, to a fist fight.

So did the President and the current Presidential candidate. It's 2020. As they say, when in Rome...

My point is that it's not purely politics. He literally makes fun of his own team's fans, consistently, and challenged one to meet him outside MSG for a fist fight. He's an idiot.

My point is that it's not purely politics. He literally makes fun of his own team's fans, consistently, and challenged one to meet him outside MSG for a fist fight. He's an idiot.

If he liked Biden, you'd be ... doing inappropriate things to yourself thinking about him.

• Like 1

Tony is a turd on Twitter.. so what! I'm far more concerned with how he acts in his own end than what he is retweeting. Fans are a fickle bunch when it comes to what is and isn't acceptable out of players, muscians, actors etc. Not everyone agrees with me, and I'm totally cool with that, play well and try not to commit felonies. I don't have a particularly hight bar.

Hell, lots of Rangers fans sprobably love Craig MacTavish for winning that last draw in the 94 Finals. He killed a lady for christsakes.

If he liked Biden, you'd be ... doing inappropriate things to yourself thinking about him.

I actually love him as a player. Outside of being utterly lost in his own end, he's everything I want in a player. He's physical, first into every scrum, and supremely talented. He's also a moron.

Tony is a turd on Twitter.. so what! I'm far more concerned with how he acts in his own end than what he is retweeting. Fans are a fickle bunch when it comes to what is and isn't acceptable out of players, muscians, actors etc. Not everyone agrees with me, and I'm totally cool with that, play well and try not to commit felonies. I don't have a particularly hight bar.

Hell, lots of Rangers fans sprobably love Craig MacTavish for winning that last draw in the 94 Finals. He killed a lady for christsakes.

There's a big difference between "being a turd" and literally challenging your own team's fans to fist fights.

There's a big difference between "being a turd" and literally challenging your own team's fans to fist fights.

If he ever actually fights some of them, we will have an issue. Until then its just hyperbole from a dude that loves the sound of his own voice.

As a genral aside, reading the responses to athlete tweets, they should have the ability to beat a few asses every now and again.

• Like 1

The majority of fans on Twitter, or the majority of fans in general?

Fans in general. I think you're kidding yourself if you think that more than half the arena on any given Tuesday knows about Tony's political beliefs or that he challenged someone to a fight on twitter. I mean I follow the team SUPER closely and I didn't know about the fist fight thing.

I'd estimate the fans on Twitter who don't want him on the team because he's a troll at

He also regularly gets owned on twitter so there's that. He's about as good a troll as he is a defenseman.

I think the people who make it about politics are just playing the victim card.

I'd estimate the fans on Twitter who don't want him on the team because he's a troll at

He also regularly gets owned on twitter so there's that. He's about as good a troll as he is a defenseman.

Was going to rep u but your rep is 666 and I just figured we should keep it there where it fits :)

• Like 1

Agree. Like, nobody gives a fuck about his politics.

He's not a fan favorite because he's a new face and the team sucks. If they make a run next year and he beats up a few islanders, that will change, even if his twitter personality doesn't.

And its all based on politics. He mentioned a federal holiday and got "owned" by the fucking political crazies.

He doesnt get owned, people get triggered. Its all politics.

• Like 1

NYC is deep blue, but Rangers fans at the Garden, half of whom are not from NYC and who bear no relationship to NYC's overall demographics, are not deep blue. White males of above average income are not predominantly Trump haters. I'd say many or most Rangers fans have world views that are sympathetic to the NYPD, whose union has endorsed Trump. I seem to remember there was this Republican politician who was outspoken, contentious, a big time law and order guy, and big supporter of cops. He used to get cheered big time every time he showed up to watch the Rangers. Guilliani, I think, was his name.

To you maybe not but he got the A for a reason and I bet he was very well respected in the locker room. That part is much harder to replace and again, we are talking about 2 million for the ages of 28-31. That?s a bargain for an A that has never said boo, can slot up and down in the lineup, and does a lot of the work many others just don?t.

Tell ya what. If he brought so little then why did a division rival and team at a point of competing sign him when they don?t exactly have tons of cap space either?

Umm, they also gave up a first round pick for Skjei and his shit contract. Maybe they just don't know what they are doing? Do they even have a goalie?

Yeah, I don't see him regressing. As the team gets better and his role becomes more established, he'll only get better. But the issue is what is his role? Adam Fox should be playing the #1 PP and Trouba is already signed and more than capable of playing on the #2 PP. So DeAngelo is redundant.

If Fox wasn't such an animal, DeAngelo would be the PPQB of the future. But he's not. So what's his role if it's not on the PP and is he worth 6m dollars if he's not scoring 50 points? I say no.

I like Fox and all, but why does he HAVE to play on the 1st PP unit? Last I looked it was DeAngelo racking up all the points.

Umm, they also gave up a first round pick for Skjei and his shit contract. Maybe they just don't know what they are doing? Do they even have a goalie?

you mean the guy that owned us in the play in round?

playoffs this year, semi finals last year, Svechnikov, Aho, Teravainen, Hamilton, et al. I'm pretty confident they have a clue what they are doing lol