• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo, Georgiev, Lemieux, and Strome File for Salary Arbitration

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYC is deep blue, but Rangers fans at the Garden, half of whom are not from NYC and who bear no relationship to NYC's overall demographics, are not deep blue. White males of above average income are not predominantly Trump haters. I'd say many or most Rangers fans have world views that are sympathetic to the NYPD, whose union has endorsed Trump. I seem to remember there was this Republican politician who was outspoken, contentious, a big time law and order guy, and big supporter of cops. He used to get cheered big time every time he showed up to watch the Rangers. Guilliani, I think, was his name.

I think, when the puck drops, the jersey is what matters. His off ice attention prevents his on ice positive attention from continuing to grow.

NHL Tonight showed some interesting stats on Strome: +23 5 on 5 when playing with Panarin and -1 when not playing with him. Similar differential in scoring chances. It will be interesting to see how an arbitrator factors that in.

Think I was +9 playing with Panarin too last year

you mean the guy that owned us in the play in round?

playoffs this year, semi finals last year, Svechnikov, Aho, Teravainen, Hamilton, et al. I'm pretty confident they have a clue what they are doing lol

How'd their goalies do their whole career and in the first round of the playoffs? Both of their goalies are long time BACK UP material.

They really stepped in shit in attaining those players. Can't exactly give them credit for drafting the best available players due to them sucking for a few years. They haven't really gotten any diamonds in the rough, nor have they fleeced anyone in trades.. Kinda exactly like the Rangers. Why Gorton gets credit for Kakko, ALF, and Shestyorkin is strange. All he did was suck bad enough to get two top draft picks, and find a diamond in the rough.

How'd their goalies do their whole career and in the first round of the playoffs? Both of their goalies are long time BACK UP material.

They really stepped in shit in attaining those players. Can't exactly give them credit for drafting the best available players due to them sucking for a few years. They haven't really gotten any diamonds in the rough, nor have they fleeced anyone in trades.. Kinda exactly like the Rangers. Why Gorton gets credit for Kakko, ALF, and Shestyorkin is strange. All he did was suck bad enough to get two top draft picks, and find a diamond in the rough.

Omg, what?

Can't give Carolina credit because they haven't gotten any diamonds in the rough. Why does Gorton get credit for finding a diamond in the rough?

Aho was a second round pick.

They got Teravainen for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Neither pick has played an NHL game while Teravainen has become a ppg player.

Slavin is a 4th round pick.

Pesce a 3rd round pick.

I’m not exactly sure what you are getting at here. Ok, so they don’t have the best goalies. No team has a perfect roster. Still got within a few wins of getting to the cup finals in 18/19 and have a pretty solid team. Aho was a late second round pick.

What exactly is being a good organization if it isn’t hiring a good coach, drafting intelligently with your given opportunities, picking up a few acquisitions, and having playoff success? No o e is saying they are the pinnacle of hockey but ot say they haven’t a clue is just.......strange...

Omg, what?

Can't give Carolina credit because they haven't gotten any diamonds in the rough. Why does Gorton get credit for finding a diamond in the rough?

They got Teravainen for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Neither pick has played an NHL game while Teravainen has become a ppg player.

Pesce a 3rd round pick.

OK. So, Aho was drafted by the previous GM,

Ter?v?inen was the price Chicago had to pay to for ditching that Bickell contract.

Slavin was drafted in 2012 by another GM

Pesce, 2013 and isn't very special.

Teravainen was a nice get, but THIS GM didn't make that deal either.. Rutherford for much of this team and I'd say Ron Francis got them Teravainen, well because HE DID.

Omg, what?

Pesce a 3rd round pick.

OK. So, Aho was drafted by the previous GM,

Ter?v?inen was the price Chicago had to pay to for ditching that Bickell contract.

Slavin was drafted in 2012 by another GM

Pesce, 2013 and isn't very special.

Teravainen was a nice get, but THIS GM didn't make that deal either.. Rutherford for much of this team and I'd say Ron Francis got them Teravainen, well because HE DID.

I’m not exactly sure what you are getting at here. Ok, so they don’t have the best goalies. No team has a perfect roster. Still got within a few wins of getting to the cup finals in 18/19 and have a pretty solid team. Aho was a late second round pick.

What exactly is being a good organization if it isn’t hiring a good coach, drafting intelligently with your given opportunities, picking up a few acquisitions, and having playoff success? No o e is saying they are the pinnacle of hockey but ot say they haven’t a clue is just.......strange...

Aho was an early 2nd. Waddell took over a team that was built for him and has subtracted piileces here and there while also making some questionable adds. Their obvious need is a decent goalie and he instead spent assets on questionable moves like Skjei and now Fast...

Aho was an early 2nd. Waddell took over a team that was built for him and has subtracted piileces here and there while also making some questionable adds. Their obvious need is a decent goalie and he instead spent assets on questionable moves like Skjei and now Fast...

They got to the SEMI FINALS with guys in goal that aren’t superstars and Aho was still a second round pick that’s one of the best young players in the game. Literally pretty much every team in the NHL could have drafted him except us. He’s just on the cusp of superstar level but gets overlooked because it’s Carolina.

There combined postseason goalies last year had a .931 save % and 2.18 GAA. They didn’t lose because of goaltending at all last year. You can make a case the year before when they got games away from the finals sure but not last year at all. Skjei was fine for them and Fast is a good veteran pickup. I’m not sure where you are going with this when they’ve had success.

They got to the SEMI FINALS with guys in goal that aren’t superstars and Aho was still a second round pick that’s one of the best young players in the game. Literally pretty much every team in the NHL could have drafted him except us. He’s just on the cusp of superstar level but gets overlooked because it’s Carolina.

There combined postseason goalies last year had a .931 save % and 2.18 GAA. They didn’t lose because of goaltending at all last year. You can make a case the year before when they got games away from the finals sure but not last year at all. Skjei was fine for them and Fast is a good veteran pickup. I’m not sure where you are going with this when they’ve had success.

I'm going with the Covid cup not being a good measuring stick. I'm not sold on Carolina being any kind of force in the east. Especially with their goaltending. They had a better chance in 18/19, with a pretty different looking roster.

The fucking Islanders almost made it to the cup finals. Are we to be scared of them now too? I see Carolina taking a big step back this coming year as far as contending.

How much are we expecting Strome to be asking for? With guys like Dadonov signing for 3 years 15 mill, why is it expected that Strome is going to be getting over 5 per?

Would everyone be down with 3 years at 13.5? If he doesn't continue his chemistry with Panarin, he'd be OK as a 3rd line forward at that price. No?

I see no other choice but to bring this guy back.

I'm going with the Covid cup not being a good measuring stick. I'm not sold on Carolina being any kind of force in the east. Especially with their goaltending. They had a better chance in 18/19, with a pretty different looking roster.

The fucking Islanders almost made it to the cup finals. Are we to be scared of them now too? I see Carolina taking a big step back this coming year as far as contending.

I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to decide how difficult the COVID playoffs were and how they should be used as a measuring stick.

I don't think Strome wants term without the bag.

He either gets like...4x6, or 1x4.25 or so. Free agency will be attractive to him.

He MAY want 2 years just to get out of the COVID market.

Imo, this whole process is dictated by DeAngelo's decision anyway.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.

If you've heard any kind of interview with Strome since he came to the Rangers, he really likes Quinn and is happy to have found a home. He definitely doesn't sound like someone who's in it for the money.

I think he wants to stop moving around and just play hockey.

Do you guys think if Vlad Namestikov stayed with Rangers and got 19:00 toi playing with Bread he would have done worse or better then Strome?

Same question with Brassard there.

Names would never do enough to warrant 19 night with Panarin LOL. He sucks.