• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo, Georgiev, Lemieux, and Strome File for Salary Arbitration

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a piece of the Panarin line that also PKs.

Piece of the Panarin line that scored less than 30 points. He's a 3rd / 4th liner that kills penalties. Those players are a dime a dozen. I would hope to god Fast wasn't playing with Panarin again next year if he remained with the team.

People are acting like these bottom of the barrel players are going to make or brake the team next year, it's crazy.

Piece of the Panarin line that scored less than 30 points. He's a 3rd / 4th liner that kills penalties. Those players are a dime a dozen. I would hope to god Fast wasn't playing with Panarin again next year if he remained with the team.

People are acting like these bottom of the barrel players are going to make or brake the team next year, it's crazy.

I was talking about Strome. You mentioned what it had to do with Fast.

I mean you can keep crapping on Fast, but the bottom line is he's a player that you don't think you need until you don't have him anymore and then you wish you did.

I was talking about Strome. You mentioned what it had to do with Fast.

I mean you can keep crapping on Fast, but the bottom line is he's a player that you don't think you need until you don't have him anymore and then you wish you did.

For six years I've been wondering, what the hell does Fast actually do well? I guess now I'll find out.

How many 28 year old Alternate captains that’ll cost you only 2m, can slot up and down the lineup, and play in most situations do you think there are out there?

What does Strome have to do with Fast? They have entirely different roles and play different positions.

In losing Fast, your losing a top PK'er and a guy that you put pout in the final minute of a close game. Strome is a good PK'er and also a guy you can put out in the final minute of a close game. Losing both would create an even bigger hole that we have no one to fill.

It wasn't Fast's fault that he was p[laying on the second line, that a coaching issue. Thats not a reason to not bring him back.

How many 28 year old Alternate captains that’ll cost you only 2m, can slot up and down the lineup, and play in most situations do you think there are out there?

C'mon. This isn't a selling feature lol.

And any 3/4th line scrub can slot up and down the lineup if you ask them to. HE SCORED 29 POINTS WITH PANARIN.

Is he an average hockey player? Sure.

Is he replaceable? 100%

How about all the garbage they signed the article this morning with seems to indicate they're basically hamstrung from doing anything else by cap issues in addition to losing Fast. That's not a reason to be upset. Half the board thought the signings were just Hartford depth signings with more meaningful ones to come. The other half of the board very concerned we were hoarding crap, throwing spare parts against the wall in a more of the same when it comes to the 4th line for example. Fast leaves a hole, whether you love the guy or not. Although we have plenty of spare parts we can throw at it now. And IF they spent their last FA pennies on JJ well that's comical to me. Granted the off season isn't over but so far to me outside of winning the lottery they lost.
  • Like 1

October 20 — Tony DeAngelo

October 31 — Alexandar Georgiev

November 5 — Ryan Strome

November 6 — Brendan Lemieux

https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-21952/2020-salary-arbitration-schedule

I don'y know if that's the order i would have hoped for but it is what it is. ADA going first will certainly have a domino effect if they accept the decision or settle prior to, etc. I feel like Id rather have Strome first so they know where they stand as early as possible 2c wise.

I don'y know if that's the order i would have hoped for but it is what it is. ADA going first will certainly have a domino effect if they accept the decision or settle prior to, etc. I feel like Id rather have Strome first so they know where they stand as early as possible 2c wise.

I think Strome is in trouble of being let go. Rangers might not have the cash for ADA and Strome and seeing as Strome comes after ADA, that could be bad news.

Personally, I think ADA and Strome are both headed to arbitration.