• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign F Colin Blackwell to 2-Year/$1.45M Deal; $725K AAV

Phil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we've signed a bunch of scrubs, but this guy might be a little different. He's solid and I think he'll get a chance to play.

Haven't seen him really but the numbers look good for a potential useful 4th line center. 10 points in 27 games. Very nice possession numbers, and won 56% of his face-offs.

http://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/player/9244

Can play a wide variety of role at lower levels, which adds to his overall value for the National Hockey League. Despite a lack of optimum size, he competes for every puck and wins his fair share of battles on the ice. Can play both center and wing. Is pretty decent on face-offs. Lacks elite puck skills and offensive acumen, reducing him to a role player at the highest level.

I know we've signed a bunch of scrubs, but this guy might be a little different. He's solid and I think he'll get a chance to play.

Haven't seen him really but the numbers look good for a potential useful 4th line center. 10 points in 27 games. Very nice possession numbers, and won 56% of his face-offs.

Nope. Sorry. They don't need these "this guy might be different from the other scrubs we always sign" players.

You need NHL players on the 4th line. This guy is not an NHL player.

• 4 months later...

Analytics can be a useful tool. We actually got one right.

If only we used them for our defensive signings we could have Koekkoek or someone else good instead of JJ. This was a good pickup but feels like they got lucky. Feels like our whole organization is living in the Stone Age at this point and I'd be happy to let them all go. JD, everyone.

• Like 1

It's cool that almost all of these depth signings off the 'scrap heap' have come in and done such a good job and really, have been some of the Rangers best players. It's also not cool that almost all of these depth signings off the 'scrap heap' have come in and have been some of the Rangers best players.
  • Like 2