• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

OHL Required to Eliminate Physical Contact (Covid Related)

Scott

Canada isn't playing games with their strict covid requirements (essentially banning MLB and now this). Would have to think unless there's some major progress in the covid situation the targeted NHL start date of 1/1/21 is in serious jeopardy when it comes to CA suddenly loosening up their regulations. I would think this is a death sentence or final nail in the coffin for the OHL season?

It's our Thanksgiving this weekend, and I'm not even allowed to have dinner with my parents, who live down the street.

We can, however, go to a restaurant together.

I submit my life to you, O' provider of third rate Healthcare and maker of arbitrary rules. Thou art so wise. Please, take 50% of my income.

It's our Thanksgiving this weekend, and I'm not even allowed to have dinner with my parents, who live down the street.

We can, however, go to a restaurant together.

I submit my life to you, O' provider of third rate Healthcare and maker of arbitrary rules. Thou art so wise. Please, take 50% of my income.

[Next post from Dunny] And COVID has barely affected us! (because of all the rules I complain about)

[Next post from Dunny] And COVID has barely affected us! (because of all the rules I complain about)

Fuck yeah, save the world by eliminating body contact in 17 year olds that are impervious to this virus. It makes perfect sense. It's totally not ridiculous overkill.

Fuck yeah, save the world by eliminating body contact in 17 year olds that are impervious to this virus. It makes perfect sense. It's totally not ridiculous overkill.

Sigh. The 17 year olds are not getting as sick. However, they are still viable hosts for the virus and passing it to their parents and grandparents.

Sigh. The 17 year olds are not getting as sick. However, they are still viable hosts for the virus and passing it to their parents and grandparents.

Why would they go visit their grandparents? Their parents are 45. They're 17.

But, fine, are you seriously telling me that playing the hockey game, but eliminating body checking, is a serious mitigation made up by an actual adult with a functioning brain? I'd say it's fucking dumb.

Don't play if you're that scared.

• Like 1

Why would they go visit their grandparents? Their parents are 45. They're 17.

But, fine, are you seriously telling me that playing the hockey game, but eliminating body checking, is a serious mitigation made up by an actual adult with a functioning brain? I'd say it's fucking dumb.

No, that's dumb. I just had to call out the other shit part of your post LOL. ;)

No, that's dumb. I just had to call out the other shit part of your post LOL. ;)

Fair, and I'm a rule follower, it's me telling my Boomer parents we can't do it, but instead, we could all go to dinner downtown and that's fine. It makes no sense.

What are they doing for you? It's mostly business as usual at my rink in NJ. They're just asking us to wear masks in the rink when not on the ice and they're doing temperature checks when you walk in.

For ice hockey we're not allowed to play games or even scrimmage/shinny. Everything is either just puck shoots or drills. Now, some rinks look the other way and let organized skating and shooting drills spill into a scrimmage but its few and far between from what I have heard. We have to get mostly dressed outside at our cars, no locker rooms, no showers. This is going to be fun once it gets cold outside.

The best part, inline hockey has been playing games all summer. COVID is such a smart virus that it knows the difference between skating on ice with a blade and skating on sport court with wheels.

I'm on a minor hockey call right now, it's going to be a disaster, but we have to try. I don't think we'll even put ice in our rink this year, as it's a MASH unit, but we can cobble it together in other centres. We're projecting a 50k loss this season. We can soldier on this year, and what not, but it'll be all over next year. Without tournaments/gate and with reduced numbers, even Minor Hockey is done.

I'm on a minor hockey call right now, it's going to be a disaster, but we have to try. I don't think we'll even put ice in our rink this year, as it's a MASH unit, but we can cobble it together in other centres. We're projecting a 50k loss this season. We can soldier on this year, and what not, but it'll be all over next year. Without tournaments/gate and with reduced numbers, even Minor Hockey is done.

In the northeast, there are leagues that are playing, but only in certain states with crowds, where allowed at all, required to be socially distant and use PPE. NY has the most idiotic of rules though; leagues and schools can practice on rinks in NY state but cannot have games. Friend has a son on the Junior Islanders; they're playing their home games in Connecticut but still practicing on LI. Makes no sense to say at practice you're safer, somehow.

We have to stay in our Health Units for ice. That's good for most, but for us, there's cheap, available ice only 10 minutes away, but we can't use it, as it's over the border from our health unit. Very frustrating. We only currently have 20 hours a week of ice for our entire Org which is typically icing 20 teams.

We're allowing one parent per kid, but kid must be dressed outside, and arrive ready to go. I'm on contact tracing duty all day this Saturday. Should be fun.

Rangers would thrive in this environment

^This!^ I was reading through the thread before posting - NYR 'run-n-gun' style with smaller, faster players (bring back Zuccc and Miller) with NO CHECKING is exactly what the doctor ordered (no pun intended) so if the NHL adopted this idea, we are the next Cup winner. No checking? We win. Start passing out the dress uniforms. LOL

:thumbs: