• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers "do not envision long-term relationship," with DeAngelo

Phil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks is always a guy NYR management tells things to plant stories. But wonder if this is shaped by the fact Tony D is not a Brooks fan and vice versa. Again, the day after you deal him, you will need to replace that production. Argument could be made if Quinn whacks up Tony's PP time between Fox and Trouba (and others-Miller, Lindrgren?), it's plausible. Again though you would be dumping a known and proven player.

Schneider doesn't appear to be expected here for a few seasons at least. Bit unnrerved Brooks acts like Lundkvist is but a plane ride from Stockholm to JFK from a Calder and then a Norris shortly thereafter.

I question whether ADA fits this team concept going forward. I'm not thinking production, I'm thinking hockey IQ. Seems like everything the management team said about Lafreniere, and other prospects all took hockey IQ into consideration. JD talked about it candidly when he was interviewed by MSG last night.

Skip to the 4:00 mark for JD, but he gets into details at the 5:00 mark:

Someone just took Staal's full hit. Albeit for one year, Touba would be infinitely more moveable at his age, later in his deal.
We haven't nearly seen Trouba's best work. After the flat cap departs, I bet his contract will appear smaller and smaller over time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This would be awesome:

Keeping your best players is always a great choice.

There's no better option from within. I really don't want to deal DeAngelo. That production can't be replaced. Add in the possibility that Strome is out. Team and line chemistry would disappear. I feel like the trio of Panarin, Strome and DeAngelo drove the offense more so than Zibs line... Do they really want to deconstruct the offense that carries this team?

There's no better option from within. I really don't want to deal DeAngelo. That production can't be replaced. Add in the possibility that Strome is out. Team and line chemistry would disappear. I feel like the trio of Panarin, Strome and DeAngelo drove the offense more so than Zibs line... Do they really want to deconstruct the offense that carries this team?

This production was during regular season, which is important, but it’s more important to produce in playoffs.

Well no, we played 4 playoff games. Besides the fight, Strome didn’t do anything. Yes, the whole team didn’t do anything, but he played for a contract, should have done more.

3. We got swept. My two was a typo. The play for a contract is nonsense, come on now. He put up 59 points in 70 games. His contract was not being judged on a few “playoff games” after months of a layoff. Who played well in those 3 games? Did three quarters of the team even dress? Should we trash all of them too?