• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MTL Trades Max Domi, 2020 3rd-Round Pick to CBJ for Josh Anderson

Phil

I don't think they got hosed, I just thought Domi's value would have been a bit higher. The third-rounder should probably be reversed, but really, in a vacuum, I'd take Anderson over Domi if I'm Montreal ten times out of ten.

I assume they traded to retain Domi. So how do they afford Dubois? Trading Dubinsky contract i guess since i think LTIR doesn't count in the offseason right? buyout Wennberg?

It's almost certainly a Wennberg buyout: https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/nhl/columbus-blue-jackets/2020/10/06/buying-out-wennberg-would-help-blue-jackets-save-cash-gain-cap-space/3627361001/

LTIR only comes into play when you go over the cap, and only to the point of whatever that players makes. The Jackets could, in theory, spend $5.85 million over the cap, and place Dubinsky on LTIR in order to meet the cap.

It's almost certainly a Wennberg buyout: https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/nhl/columbus-blue-jackets/2020/10/06/buying-out-wennberg-would-help-blue-jackets-save-cash-gain-cap-space/3627361001/

LTIR only comes into play when you go over the cap, and only to the point of whatever that players makes. The Jackets could, in theory, spend $5.85 million over the cap, and place Dubinsky on LTIR in order to meet the cap.

ah gotcha. That makes sense. For some reason i was remembering that LTIR cant be applied until opening day but that really doesnt make much sense anyway.

ah gotcha. That makes sense. For some reason i was remembering that LTIR cant be applied until opening day but that really doesnt make much sense anyway.

You're probably mistaking it for summer cap overage allotment. Teams can go, I believe, 10% over the cap during the summer but must get back to or under the cap by opening night.

Domi is the basketball player that puts up 15 ppg on a 12-70 team. I don't see what role he has on a real team. Good luck with Torts.

Anderson you can really wish on, and can play anywhere in your lineup.

Tortarella and Domi seem like an odd pairing.