• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 NHL Entry Draft: Lafreniere SZN — 7:00 PM EST, NBCSN

Phil

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not drafting for immediate positional need at 22. And you can always move a D man. Think of how many prospect D we traded for...

Rykov

Hajek

Lindgren

Fox

DeAngelo

And that's just recency.

Yeah but just seems a bit mind boggling when there were still two F on the boards that were rated much higher in Zary and LaPierre. I get the injury scare with one, but the other? Oh well. They probably know what they are doing lol

You're not drafting for immediate positional need at 22. And you can always move a D man. Think of how many prospect D we traded for...

Rykov

Hajek

Lindgren

Fox

DeAngelo

And that's just recency.

That, and when you're out of the top 15 or so, a 2nd pairing guy is pretty solid value.

This feels like a completely unsexy, but very safe pick that fills a real clear need for us - even if that need is maybe 2-3 seasons out.

We blew up the Devils game plan and they scrambled to select Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho. Should've had Jambi announce the pick as a special guest

If we're going Pee Wee's Playhouse characters, I'd go Cowboy Curtis; "The Matrix" , "Apocalypse Now" "Boyz in the Hood" and what not.

Guess they had him high on their board.

His page at elite prospects.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/351820/braden-schneider

https://theathletic.com/2089449/2020/10/06/nhl-draft-2020-live-first-round-updates-and-analysis/

Schneider was the last of the consensus top-four defenders in this draft available. I like him a lot and see a lot of things that will translate to the NHL. He’s a big right-shot defender who is mobile, kills rushes and can move the puck. I think he can become a quality top-four defenseman and adds to a rich pipeline in New York. Given the Rangers’ depth on the right side, they can afford to take their time with him and Nils Lundkvist.