• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Rangers traded Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and a first-round selection in the 2013 Draft for Rick Nash.

A similar (but better) price for Eichel would probably be something like: Buch, Chytil, Schneider, and a 1st.

I really don't see any way Lafreniere or Kakko is involved in the deal, and if they are I'll be pretty upset about it.

Rangers traded Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and a first-round selection in the 2013 Draft for Rick Nash.

A similar (but better) price for Eichel would probably be something like: Buch, Chytil, Schneider, and a 1st.

I really don't see any way Lafreniere or Kakko is involved in the deal, and if they are I'll be pretty upset about it.

i'd be upset if Schneider goes the other way. but knowing Gordon, he'll find a way to overpay and probably trade Laf and KK too

Yup. My package is Strome ($), Chytil, Kravtsov, and a lottery-protected 1st. If that changes to Buch instead of Strome and/or Schneider instead of Kravtsov, so be it.

I think the most likely time that you might see him traded would be after next season, which is immediately before his NMC kicks in. It's not like he would resist being traded after that, but his ability to be picky about where he goes would reduce the number of suitors and, hence, the potential return. It's a shame when you see major talents like Nash, McDavid and now Eichel stuck in purgatory for the best years of there careers.

I think the most likely time that you might see him traded would be after next season, which is immediately before his NMC kicks in. It's not like he would resist being traded after that, but his ability to be picky about where he goes would reduce the number of suitors and, hence, the potential return. It's a shame when you see major talents like Nash, McDavid and now Eichel stuck in purgatory for the best years of there careers.

Strikes me as a draft deal, or one completed shortly thereafter. Eichel was reportedly so upset with the org they fielded offers for him last offseason. There's no way he'll last that long (through next season).

Yup. My package is Strome ($), Chytil, Kravtsov, and a lottery-protected 1st. If that changes to Buch instead of Strome and/or Schneider instead of Kravtsov, so be it.

I agree except if you're trading Strome and Chytil you still have a problem with center depth. But yes, Kravstov, Strome, and any combo of D prospects are valid.

I agree except if you're trading Strome and Chytil you still have a problem with center depth. But yes, Kravstov, Strome, and any combo of D prospects are valid.

Right. I'm looking at it as dollars, less as position.

I think that's fair. I do think they would probably want Buch over Strome though. I would. I also think they will wait to make that deal until the situation becomes untenable. No reason to rush into a deal like that either way, especially for them

I'd be keeping Kravtsov, too much potential there. As someone already pointed out Sabres don't want Lundkvist because he's not signed and he would just leave... plus we need him with ADA gone. These trades are not even predictable because this isn't a common time... GMs may not view draft picks so valuable as they dont even know when the draft is taking place and if scouts will see showcases. Could be drafting this summer based on play when they were 16-17 year old kids in late 2019.

for all we know McJesus could be in love with Edmonton. we havent heard anything from him, have we?

Ziby/Strome, Buch, lundkvist/Schneider + lottery protected pick. Nothing else. Final offer. If they walk, great. Saves us from getting a team to get one guy already outperformed last year by Ziby. Ziby has to waive for it to work. I’d offer i5 first without the pick though or with the pick but without giving the option of Braden.

Ziby/Strome, Buch, lundkvist/Schneider + lottery protected pick. Nothing else. Final offer. If they walk, great. Saves us from getting a team to get one guy already outperformed last year by Ziby. Ziby has to waive for it to work. I’d offer i5 first without the pick though or with the pick but without giving the option of Braden.

why Ziby? you trade him you're at square one and you lost 3 assets doing it

6. On Jack Eichel: I know it’s white-hot in Buffalo, but I would be shocked for the above reasons if the Sabres considered a trade now. First, it’s something they have to come to grips with. Second, there simply aren’t a ton of teams in position to do it for budget or cap reasons. Things change in the off-season: contracts coming off the cap; the 10 per cent summer cushion; etc. The Rangers are an obvious exception — they could do it at any time, if they wished — although some of the proposals I’ve seen out there are kinda crazy.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-nhl-exploring-nba-top-shot-trend/

why Ziby? you trade him you're at square one and you lost 3 assets doing it

Because I don’t think they’ll ever afford both Ziby and Eichel. You’re more likely to retain Strome for a reasonable price or find a 2c. Even though technically Zibys year last year was better than Eichels, I think Eochel is the superior talent and a few years younger so you get another 5 years I guess of Eichel

Because I don’t think they’ll ever afford both Ziby and Eichel. You’re more likely to retain Strome for a reasonable price or find a 2c. Even though technically Zibys year last year was better than Eichels, I think Eochel is the superior talent and a few years younger so you get another 5 years I guess of Eichel

Then it should be straight up. Im not willing to lose 3 more assets for Eichel. I dont think he’s worth it

But even St. Louis wasn't a bad deal. Callahan, 28th overall, and a 2nd. MSL was a major factor in the team going to the finals and put up 52 points the next year when they won the league.

It was a good deal for the Rangers. Sadly they chocked away leads in games 1 and 2 in the Finals and laid an egg the following year in game 7 vs Tampa.

I’m still not over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Then it should be straight up. Im not willing to lose 3 more assets for Eichel. I dont think he’s worth it

To be fair, I’m not as worried about losing D assets. Only 6-7 per roster so you can lose more and still retain a good foundation. I’m worried more when it comes to depth among the first three lines. I think Eichel and Ziby wash out with Eichel getting the nudge on who’s actually better with a higher ceiling. Buch is Buch but I don’t think he’s ever going to really take that next level step. He will flirt with it on any given day or like tonight flirt with it on several shifts. However he will never be that game in, game out force, and I’m betting ALF will and possibly Kakko at the right time.

To be fair, I’m not as worried about losing D assets. Only 6-7 per roster so you can lose more and still retain a good foundation. I’m worried more when it comes to depth among the first three lines. I think Eichel and Ziby wash out with Eichel getting the nudge on who’s actually better with a higher ceiling. Buch is Buch but I don’t think he’s ever going to really take that next level step. He will flirt with it on any given day or like tonight flirt with it on several shifts. However he will never be that game in, game out force, and I’m betting ALF will and possibly Kakko at the right time.
Just curious, what next level step are you looking for from Buch? He's a third rounder who came into the league barely able to stay in the lineup and 5 years later is a top 6 forward who plays PP, PK, and is on pace for 65 points (more of Zib gets his head out of his ass).

The only question is how quickly Kakko or Kravtsov get as good as Buch already is.

Just curious, what next level step are you looking for from Buch? He's a third rounder who came into the league barely able to stay in the lineup and 5 years later is a top 6 forward who plays PP, PK, and is on pace for 65 points (more of Zib gets his head out of his ass).

The only question is how quickly Kakko or Kravtsov get as good as Buch already is.

Draft position doesn't really matter at this stage. Brad Marchand was a 3rd rounder.

I always thought Buch had PPG+ potential in him. He's got great vision and a good shot that he never used enough. He's used it more this season and has a small uptick in goals scored as a result, but he still passes up prime scoring opportunities to make an ambitious pass that gets broken up instead. If he ever truly outgrows that habit, you may see a 30 goal PPG player.