• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

8/$80m. Not only do we have to give up significant assets now, but there will be no money to pay people down the road. Might be fun for fantasy hockey people, but it wouldn’t improve our chances at a Cup.

only 6 years left on that now 6/60... but this dont work unless Kreider goes in the deal. Never going to happen so it doesn't matter anyways, Sabres are outright screwed with the Skinner and Okposo contracts lol

Bringing in Eichel would seem to be a recipe for an insanely top heavy team with no prospects of obtaining or keeping the foot soldiers necessary to win a cup, especially with a flat cap. Sure fun to talk about though, courtesy of Bob McKenzie emerging from semi-retirement to foment wild discussions.

Yup. This is the same route they've taken with Richards (who was linked to the team for two years before he signed), Shattenkirk (almost two years), Fox, and others.

In other words, when Buffalo inevitably fails, and Eichel wants out, expect the Rangers to be among the first callers.

If that?s the case then we?ve been linked to Stamkos like 3, maybe 4x.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

To me, Eichel is not a guy you reject because you might lose an inferior player later. Depending on price, I'm in on him and worrying about cap decisions later. We don't even know which of our youngsters are going to be inline for big money. We'd also be sending out guys we might have slated to command bigger $s later too amyway.

Stay the course

I agree....

But Eichel wouldn’t fit into the category of “same old Rangers”

Yes, they’d be getting adding a huge salary AND paying a high price to acquire him, but they’d be getting him at 24, already a point per game player and only improving.

If he were legitimately available (which he isn’t) they’d be foolish not to take a long look.

But I do agree Keirik. Moving ahead as they have been is the right way to go

I mena, who wouldn't be interested in him though. If a rumor came out that they were looking to move him, I would be pissed if the team didn't inquire. That said, there is no way to fit him under the cap without at least Trouba going the other way for starters.

Exactly

But no way he gets dealt unless he himself specifically asks to be, and that hasn’t happened

To me, Eichel is not a guy you reject because you might lose an inferior player later. Depending on price, I'm in on him and worrying about cap decisions later. We don't even know which of our youngsters are going to be inline for big money. We'd also be sending out guys we might have slated to command bigger $s later too amyway.

Agreed. Get him. Figure the rest out later. If that means having to walk away from Zibanejad, who'd be signing a deal with most of his years on the wrong side of 30, so be it. Frankly, there's no guarantee Zibanejad's next deal wont' be more expensive than Eichel's current AAV anyway.

• Like 1

Agreed. Get him. Figure the rest out later. If that means having to walk away from Zibanejad, who'd be signing a deal with most of his years on the wrong side of 30, so be it. Frankly, there's no guarantee Zibanejad's next deal wont' be more expensive than Eichel's current AAV anyway.

Exactly

Love Zib, but if I had to choose between the 2, I’d take Eichel

I think we all would take Eichel over Ziby but the problem is we likely woundnt be swapping the two. It would be other pieces they wound want, thus thinning our team in a time where salary cap is an issue as long as it stays flat. It just wouldn't be the right time.

So if we thin the team then have to also walk away from Ziby, we spin wheels rather than make progress. I don't believe they would be interested in Strome. ADA sure, but along with 2-3 other pieces I'd rather not part with.

I think we all would take Eichel over Ziby but the problem is we likely wound t be swapping the two. It wound be other pieces they wound want, thus thinning our team in a time where salary cap is an issue as long as it stays flat. It just wouldn't be the right time.

So if we thin the team then have to also walk away from Ziby, we spin wheels rather than make progress. I don't believe they wound be interested in Strome. ADA sure,, but along with 2-3 other pieces I'd rather not part with.

Yes

That is a real element and possibility in that and truth be told they don’t need him

They have a 1C in Zib