• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Me, too. My wife thinks he's cute. She practically girl screamed when they took away his goal last night. As well as being an immediate asset to the team, Krav may be my ticket to watching more games.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And possibly getting laid more yeah? She might keep her eyes closed thinking about Krav's hair, so it is a tradeoff, but still.

After watching Kravtsov play few games, i no longer want him to be included in the deal for Eichel.

Agreed. But honestly, he’d be a secondary piece in the deal I think.

Whomever ends up as the partner, if this deal does in fact go down, will have to give up a premium prospect/young NHL’er as the primary piece. And make no mistake, Buffalo HAS to get a piece like that in any deal they make.

They need an “A” asset at the top.

That would most likely be Kakko, cause they aren’t giving up Fox or LaFreniere who would be the only other pieces that qualify.

And a 1st

And I’d presume that Strome goes the other way for plug and play for Buffalo.

And probably another good to very good prospect or young player

Yeah, whether it's a Couturier or an Eichel, I'm expecting a move to be made. They just have too many assets to not make a big acquisition, although I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a lock. I do like Eichel, and I understand his frustrations in Buffalo, but I do get some bad vibes from him, though.

Someone needs to remind me why we need a top center? We're looking for a solid two way 3C, IMO, and it's OK if Chytil goes the other way.

Trent Frederic comes to mind.

Big guy that plays with an edge...I can dig that...

I was also thinking maybe Nick Bjugstad, Phillip Denault, or even maybe Andrew Copp, from the Jets.

Copp might be a great score...I think he's a RFA after this season.

Someone needs to remind me why we need a top center? We're looking for a solid two way 3C, IMO, and it's OK if Chytil goes the other way.

Trent Frederic comes to mind.

I like Chytil but I’m perfectly fine with this and I think this improves the team more than Eichel over Strome

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Honestly if we're looking for a defensively responsible mid six C who wins draws and can score a little, why aren't we just signing David Krejci?

Because you're likely looking for a legitimate third-line center. Krejci would undoubtedly have other teams better-suited to give him a viable top-six role, even at 34/35.

Same question, Getzlaf, Stepan, Zajac?

There's a ton of upcoming FAs who fit the bill for "isn't Chytil, won't break the bank, can play this role decently well, has been there" style guys who might be worth a flyer

Outta those 3, I'd go with Getzlaf.

I'm not sure Getzlaf would leave the West Coast. He was reportedly willing to go to Vegas at this deadline because of proximity. A deal just never materialized.

If Getzlaf was going anywhere, it was Vegas. There were discussions (and the Ducks’ captain knew of them), but, again, I don’t think it got close. Anaheim made it clear they wanted a good young player, and it wasn’t offered to their satisfaction.

Link: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-taylor-hall-may-rental-bruins/

--

There are likely few who are bigger Stepan fans than me, and I'm not even sure if he's right as a 3C. 4C maybe if you needed leadership but his game has slowed down considerably, and you'd be getting him after several months of not having played because of injury. Zajac I feel is just the same. They're not really improvements over Chytil except on faceoffs. Getzlaf would be but as mentioned above, it's doubtful he's going to leave the West Coast.

If you can Krejci this offseason he'd be great. Giroux next. Otherwise, you might have to pursue options via trade.

Same question, Getzlaf, Stepan, Zajac?

There's a ton of upcoming FAs who fit the bill for "isn't Chytil, won't break the bank, can play this role decently well, has been there" style guys who might be worth a flyer

Honestly, none of them move the needle for me at all. I'd sooner make a trade.

Because you're likely looking for a legitimate third-line center. Krejci would undoubtedly have other teams better-suited to give him a viable top-six role, even at 34/35.

I don't know we can't promise him the same and then let the best man win the job. Krejci is 100% my pick as well.

Courtuier has hard miles on him so he's a no to me. I'd look at Adam Lowry from the Jets. I believe he's a free agent as well. I love the idea of Frederick but that's the kind of guy Boston typically loves and is their identity. I don't think he'd be available without a massive overpay.

Courtuier has hard miles on him so he's a no to me. I'd look at Adam Lowry from the Jets. I believe he's a free agent as well. I love the idea of Frederick but that's the kind of guy Boston typically loves and is their identity. I don't think he'd be available without a massive overpay.

Krejci would be a perfect veteran to bring in. Bergeron would be a home run but again I don't see him leaving the Bruins unless they go rebuild, which I doubt.

Agreed all around. Lowry would be a nice add. He's UFA, or RFA?

Retreads all.

Retreads implies there's tread left on any of them. I'm not sure there is, at all. I'd stay away from them all. I even have reservations about Krejci based on age and the fact he's spent his career playing for Boston, but on paper, he's the perfect vet.

I'm not bringing in anybody who can't skate. Stepan,Getzlaf, Zajac are all way to slow. They all had great careers but I'd much rather go with what we got than "upgrade" with any of them. Krejci would be different because he still produces at a top 6 level and he can still play with pace.

I do think this team badly needs that Shannahan type guy. This is a very young team and a guy the kids could gravitate to and just soak up hockey from would go miles for their growth. Bergeron would be the absolute grand slam. Assuming he would ever leave Boston he would fill multiple holes and the added bonus of the French Canadian background would probably do Laffy wonders. I know he's probably a pipe dream but here are some others I would consider. Giroux to me is a hard no as well. He's always been kind of a clown. Great talent but a wasted talent in my view. Some pedigree here is what I want. I'm not looking for Laffy modeling this career after a Giroux. I'm molding Laffy to win cups not scoring titles.

Bergeron

Toews

Kopitar

Backstrom

O'reilly

Point

Lesser degree but would think about it

Schenn

Pavelski

J. Staal

Coulture