Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think he's getting fired at all. There was certainly some risk, I think, when the team was just floundering, with Zibanejad and others seriously struggling to look like NHL players, but that ship has been righted, and though the yearly projections on Lafreniere and Kakko still look like shit, both are looking like better hockey players with each passing game. I just don't think the team is ready to pull the trigger on this (yet).

That said, I'd imagine that if the team gets Eichel, part of that reason (however small) will be the familiarity with Quinn. That familiarity could even been seen as an insurance policy to lift Eichel's spirits.
    And if it doesnt work, Eichel will set the NHL record with having 1,294 different coaches during his career.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think he's getting fired at all. There was certainly some risk, I think, when the team was just floundering, with Zibanejad and others seriously struggling to look like NHL players, but that ship has been righted, and though the yearly projections on Lafreniere and Kakko still look like shit, both are looking like better hockey players with each passing game. I just don't think the team is ready to pull the trigger on this (yet).

That said, I'd imagine that if the team gets Eichel, part of that reason (however small) will be the familiarity with Quinn. That familiarity could even been seen as an insurance policy to lift Eichel's spirits.
    i think this year he wont get canned but next year, if there's no progress and the team is hovering around .500 he will be sacked. IMO the team must make the POs next season or bye-bye Harlequinn

Something about Eichel... just doesnt move the needle for me, especially with the cost to acquire plus contract.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Quinn coached eichel for 6 months. And he likely wouldn’t be the coach if the rangers landed Eichel, effectively ended the rebuild, and starting trying to win.
    Closer to 8-9 months, but I get your point

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    This last few games with Kakko and Laffy putting things together, sorry, no way I'm parting with these guys. Know we (I) have a bias to our draftees, but both look like quality players.

Senior Member Mite Division finestuff's Avatar
    Moscow...actually one of the closest regions
    I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:
    Buch, Howden, Robertson +1st.

The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.
    Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.

Quote Originally Posted by finestuff View Post
    I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:

The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.
    Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.
    Would you take that deal for Panarin?
    Not considering Eichel is younger, cheaper, and a center.

Quote Originally Posted by finestuff View Post

Buffalo would laugh and hang up the phone honestly.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Buffalo seems to be a different team since they changed coaches. They did a number on the Flyers over the weekend with that comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Buffalo seems to be a different team since they changed coaches. They did a number on the Flyers over the weekend with that comeback.
    Getting Ullmark back makes a huge difference too. I think their other goaltenders combined only had two or three wins, something like that, when he was out. Insane, really.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Buffalo would laugh and hang up the phone honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Getting Ullmark back makes a huge difference too. I think their other goaltenders combined only had two or three wins, something like that, when he was out. Insane, really.
    They're going to want an ass load back for Eichel, when and IF they do deal him though, Sharpy...I agree with you guys.

It would probably suit Buffalo best to keep him there, because I don't think the Rangers are going to deviate from where they're going, and I also don't think Buffalo will, or should settle for getting hosed in a deal.

Ullmark is dynamite in net, as we saw last week, and they can build around that. The only really shitty contract they have is Skinner, and hopefully for them, he gets his shit together again.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    If I’m Buffalo, and my partner is the Rangers, I want Kakko, Chytil, Nils Lundkvist, plus a 1st.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    If I’m Buffalo, and my partner is the Rangers, I want Kakko, Chytil, Nils Lundkvist, plus a 1st.
    I wouldn't blame Buffalo for wanting it, but they wouldn't get a package like that from anyone.

Senior Member Squirt Division Xander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I wouldn't blame Buffalo for wanting it, but they wouldn't get a package like that from anyone.
    And Eichel is then going to play in Buffalo while he is contractually obliged to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    That package would be an overpayment. But that’s what you have to ask for

flat cap is gonna be really hard for anyone to trade for a guy like Eichel on his salary for so long.

The trade market will determine the price here and it is absolutely not going to be THAT high. There's no reason the Rangers should entertain that type of proposal.

Kakko, Laf, Lundqvist IMO are untouchable at the moment.

I'd give a 1st rounder, Chytil, Robertson, Barron, and another pick. And if we need to take back another contract with it then that's fine

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    flat cap is gonna be really hard for anyone to trade for a guy like Eichel on his salary for so long.

The trade market will determine the price here and it is absolutely not going to be THAT high. There's no reason the Rangers should entertain that type of proposal.

Kakko, Laf, Lundqvist IMO are untouchable at the moment.

I'd give a 1st rounder, Chytil, Robertson, Barron, and another pick. And if we need to take back another contract with it then that's fine
    Just a long as it's not Skinner.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Just a long as it's not Skinner.
    4 points in his last 4 games he's on a heater pay that man!

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Honestly, the more I consider things like cost to acquire, the flat cap, and the upcoming UFA classes?

Fuck this. Let's keep our kids and just bring in a veteran who can win draws and put up points.

Bring me Claude Giroux.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

It’s probably fair to say that they were never dealing him in season. That’s just not the type of trade you make anywhere but during the summer.

It will be interesting to see if this picks up steam again this coming offseason and how many teams are involved.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast