Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 491

Thread: Rangers Interested in Eichel?

  1. #461
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,810
    Rep Power
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think he's getting fired at all. There was certainly some risk, I think, when the team was just floundering, with Zibanejad and others seriously struggling to look like NHL players, but that ship has been righted, and though the yearly projections on Lafreniere and Kakko still look like shit, both are looking like better hockey players with each passing game. I just don't think the team is ready to pull the trigger on this (yet).

    That said, I'd imagine that if the team gets Eichel, part of that reason (however small) will be the familiarity with Quinn. That familiarity could even been seen as an insurance policy to lift Eichel's spirits.
    And if it doesnt work, Eichel will set the NHL record with having 1,294 different coaches during his career.

  2. #462
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,818
    Rep Power
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think he's getting fired at all. There was certainly some risk, I think, when the team was just floundering, with Zibanejad and others seriously struggling to look like NHL players, but that ship has been righted, and though the yearly projections on Lafreniere and Kakko still look like shit, both are looking like better hockey players with each passing game. I just don't think the team is ready to pull the trigger on this (yet).

    That said, I'd imagine that if the team gets Eichel, part of that reason (however small) will be the familiarity with Quinn. That familiarity could even been seen as an insurance policy to lift Eichel's spirits.
    i think this year he wont get canned but next year, if there's no progress and the team is hovering around .500 he will be sacked. IMO the team must make the POs next season or bye-bye Harlequinn

  3. #463
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,810
    Rep Power
    521
    Something about Eichel... just doesnt move the needle for me, especially with the cost to acquire plus contract.

  4. #464
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Quinn coached eichel for 6 months. And he likely wouldn’t be the coach if the rangers landed Eichel, effectively ended the rebuild, and starting trying to win.
    Closer to 8-9 months, but I get your point


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #465
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,227
    Rep Power
    64
    This last few games with Kakko and Laffy putting things together, sorry, no way I'm parting with these guys. Know we (I) have a bias to our draftees, but both look like quality players.

  6. #466
    Senior Member Mite Division finestuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moscow...actually one of the closest regions
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    11
    I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:
    Buch, Howden, Robertson +1st.

    The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.
    Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.

  7. #467
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,810
    Rep Power
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by finestuff View Post
    I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:
    Buch, Howden, Robertson +1st.

    The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.
    Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.
    Would you take that deal for Panarin?
    Not considering Eichel is younger, cheaper, and a center.

  8. #468
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by finestuff View Post
    I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:
    Buch, Howden, Robertson +1st.

    The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.
    Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.
    Buffalo would laugh and hang up the phone honestly.

  9. #469
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Rep Power
    185
    Buffalo seems to be a different team since they changed coaches. They did a number on the Flyers over the weekend with that comeback.

  10. #470
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Buffalo seems to be a different team since they changed coaches. They did a number on the Flyers over the weekend with that comeback.
    Getting Ullmark back makes a huge difference too. I think their other goaltenders combined only had two or three wins, something like that, when he was out. Insane, really.

  11. #471
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Rep Power
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Buffalo would laugh and hang up the phone honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Getting Ullmark back makes a huge difference too. I think their other goaltenders combined only had two or three wins, something like that, when he was out. Insane, really.
    They're going to want an ass load back for Eichel, when and IF they do deal him though, Sharpy...I agree with you guys.

    It would probably suit Buffalo best to keep him there, because I don't think the Rangers are going to deviate from where they're going, and I also don't think Buffalo will, or should settle for getting hosed in a deal.

    Ullmark is dynamite in net, as we saw last week, and they can build around that. The only really shitty contract they have is Skinner, and hopefully for them, he gets his shit together again.

  12. #472
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    53
    If I’m Buffalo, and my partner is the Rangers, I want Kakko, Chytil, Nils Lundkvist, plus a 1st.

  13. #473
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,234
    Rep Power
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    If I’m Buffalo, and my partner is the Rangers, I want Kakko, Chytil, Nils Lundkvist, plus a 1st.
    I wouldn't blame Buffalo for wanting it, but they wouldn't get a package like that from anyone.

  14. #474
    Senior Member Squirt Division Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I wouldn't blame Buffalo for wanting it, but they wouldn't get a package like that from anyone.
    And Eichel is then going to play in Buffalo while he is contractually obliged to do so


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  15. #475
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I wouldn't blame Buffalo for wanting it, but they wouldn't get a package like that from anyone.
    That package would be an overpayment. But that’s what you have to ask for

  16. #476
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,137
    Rep Power
    148
    flat cap is gonna be really hard for anyone to trade for a guy like Eichel on his salary for so long.

    The trade market will determine the price here and it is absolutely not going to be THAT high. There's no reason the Rangers should entertain that type of proposal.

    Kakko, Laf, Lundqvist IMO are untouchable at the moment.

    I'd give a 1st rounder, Chytil, Robertson, Barron, and another pick. And if we need to take back another contract with it then that's fine
    __________________________________

  17. #477
    Senior Member Midget Division
    paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    4,627
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    flat cap is gonna be really hard for anyone to trade for a guy like Eichel on his salary for so long.

    The trade market will determine the price here and it is absolutely not going to be THAT high. There's no reason the Rangers should entertain that type of proposal.

    Kakko, Laf, Lundqvist IMO are untouchable at the moment.

    I'd give a 1st rounder, Chytil, Robertson, Barron, and another pick. And if we need to take back another contract with it then that's fine
    Just a long as it's not Skinner.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  18. #478
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,137
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Just a long as it's not Skinner.
    4 points in his last 4 games he's on a heater pay that man!
    __________________________________

  19. #479
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,670
    Rep Power
    417
    Honestly, the more I consider things like cost to acquire, the flat cap, and the upcoming UFA classes?

    Fuck this. Let's keep our kids and just bring in a veteran who can win draws and put up points.

    Bring me Claude Giroux.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  20. #480
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    53
    It’s probably fair to say that they were never dealing him in season. That’s just not the type of trade you make anywhere but during the summer.

    It will be interesting to see if this picks up steam again this coming offseason and how many teams are involved.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •