• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

I thought the Rangers subreddit was pretty reasonable until this summer. Now it's filled with whiney crybabies who have literally complained about every single move. Luckily I have this as my safe space lol

I don't know how anyone can complain about all of these moves. The only thing that maybe deserves criticism is the return on Buch, but it's not like Drury actively went out looking for a low offer (on paper). Personally, I think that particular deal will turn out really well for the Rangers, even if Buch maintains his 70 point pace in St. Louis. I like Blais a lot. Typical bottom 6ers don't have shots like this https://www.nhl.com/blues/video/blais-blistering-goal/t-277443738/c-8014350

He might be 25, but he's a young 25 year old who has barely had any time to show off his abilities. I think there's a lot more there.

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone can complain about all of these moves. The only thing that maybe deserves criticism is the return on Buch, but it's not like Drury actively went out looking for a low offer (on paper). Personally, I think that particular deal will turn out really well for the Rangers, even if Buch maintains his 70 point pace in St. Louis. I like Blais a lot. Typical bottom 6ers don't have shots like this https://www.nhl.com/blues/video/blais-blistering-goal/t-277443738/c-8014350

He might be 25, but he's a young 25 year old who has barely had any time to show off his abilities. I think there's a lot more there.

Absolutely RMC!! A lot of us already knew that in order to change or improve the Rangers, and their attack was to bring in players that added not so much "production", but grit and determination. Buch I think was a casualty to a few factors; Depth at wing, too many perimeter players, etc. It certainly wasn't because Buch was a bad player, or under-performed. He was pretty damn good actually, and was probably one of our better "sell high" bargaining chips in my opinion.

It's pretty easy to say "we could've gotten more", and I thought the same when I heard the trade. "THAT'S IT?" was my first take, but after realizing that this is the course that needs to be traveled to get to the promised land, there were going to be players that were going to have to be moved for a certain, lets say..."Chemistry" that needs to exist.

I also think Blais will do very well here, especially with a very experienced coach that will give him a role and a responsibility. There's a ton of firepower, both tapped and untapped in this lineup and I really can't wait to see this season unfold. It's gonna be a good one for sure!

People don’t have to love these moves Drury has made. But we now have some definition. We have guys who know their role is to score. We have guys who know their role is to grind and to bang bodies. We have guys who know it’s on them to make sure our finesse guys aren’t being fucked with. You want people to know their roles. The Rangers finally have that.

None of these moves taken by themselves are great. Taken. as a whole though Drury has accomplished exactly what we all hoped he would. He has made this team tougher plain and simple. It isn't a finished project yet in building a cup team but the moves he made should allow for maximum development for our kids. Ice time was opened up and protection provided for our kids to play and not look over their backs. Of course we all want some clarification at center ice and an upgrade if possible. I'm sure Drury does too but patience is the only smart path here. He cannot overpay and he can't box himself into salary cap hell.

We will see how all this plays out on the ice but right now I'm pretty satisfied that our GM is Drury and not someone else.

• Like 1

People don’t have to love these moves Drury has made. But we now have some definition. We have guys who know their role is to score. We have guys who know their role is to grind and to bang bodies. We have guys who know it’s on them to make sure our finesse guys aren’t being fucked with. You want people to know their roles. The Rangers finally have that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Rangers think he can play up the lineup if necessary - which he did the year the blues won the cup... So it's not impossible we see him rise beyond a 4th line grinder.

Rangers think he can play up the lineup if necessary - which he did the year the blues won the cup... So it's not impossible we see him rise beyond a 4th line grinder.

I think so too. I'd love him on the 3rd line but Rangers are stacked on the wings. I think Goodrow and Blais are both available and ready to move up if Kakko or Kravtsov need to move off the top 6. Those 2 are the safety net for those kids.

Buffalo done fucked this whole thing up.

I get their side of things but wtf are they doing just fucking trade him and be done with it, it's like they're clinging onto their HS crush. Dahlin is probably watching this thinking "Im out of here 1st chance"

What would happen if Eichel just went and had the surgery in violation of his contract? What could the Sabres do? Void it? Eichel would probably like that. Sue him? What would the damages be if he's ready to play?

With all of the rights and procedures under contracts, I'm surprised there isn't a right to arbitration if there's a difference of opinion on a medical procedure.

What would happen if Eichel just went and had the surgery in violation of his contract? What could the Sabres do? Void it? Eichel would probably like that. Sue him? What would the damages be if he's ready to play?

With all of the rights and procedures under contracts, I'm surprised there isn't a right to arbitration if there's a difference of opinion on a medical procedure.

Yea I don't get that either. If getting surgery in June would have made the timing work to play this season then why not just get the surgery in June regardless of who you're traded to? Unless the team in which he gets traded to can deny such an operation? I don't know how that works either? Can a team prefer a player just got through some kind of rehab over a surgical procedure?

Just don't get the surgery. It's a herniated disc. Who cares. I probably have 8 of them. He can gut it out by simply taking an advil on game days. The whole thing is bizarre.

Yeah.

I know people that roof and lay tile 12 hours a day with them.

Buy a better bed and suck it up

P.S. I'd still be good trading for him and having him get the surgery he wants, as long as the trade cost is commensurate with the situation.

Just listened to this as well. If everything the doctor says is true then Buffalo at this point is just being vindictive and doesn’t want him at training camp for his new team. They’d rather force a surgery that’ll keep him off the shelf for 3 months AND will have long term implications instead of a surgery that will have him back in 6 weeks and having full range of motion.

Absolutely disgusting from Buffalo

Obviously I'm all for laughing at the Sabres and they've clearly fucked up this entire situation.

But really, players all of a sudden having an opinion on medical issues such as whether to have a certain type of surgery or not is a real slippery slope. Eichel is an 80m investment. I understand why the team wants their own medical staff to call the shots here. It's going to be completely untenable if every guy rocks up with his own "medical team" with their own ideas.

Obviously I'm all for laughing at the Sabres and they've clearly fucked up this entire situation.

But really, players all of a sudden having an opinion on medical issues such as whether to have a certain type of surgery or not is a real slippery slope. Eichel is an 80m investment. I understand why the team wants their own medical staff to call the shots here. It's going to be completely untenable if every guy rocks up with his own "medical team" with their own ideas.

Don’t disagree. But there’s a difference between some guy coming with his snake oil salesman vs the team Eichel wants to work with.

I’d rather not open the door the ANYTHING players want medically. But eichel’s preferred doctor is reputable in the sports business, is performing a surgery other top athletes have gotten successfully.

Totally disagree. It is his damn body pre NHL, during his career and post NHL. Ill be dammed if I dont get a second, third and fourth opinion on a surgery that could diminish my career, self worth and post career life.

Herniated discs are such an individual experience. Some people live and work with severe herniations with minor symptoms while others have less severe herniation and it is debilitating pain and numbness. Nerves are funny things.

Hope Eichel does what is good for him. Buffalo can pound sand. They have screwed Eichel, the inbound team and themselves. Look at our Buch return, a kings ransom was never happening in this market for their damaged unknown goods. The sooner they make a deal the better they will be to put this in the rear view. If I'm the owner, this conduct would be fireable for Adams.