• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

I still think Buffalo's just fucked six ways to Sunday on this whole situation and that the return is going to feel paltry for what we (or the Kings, I guess) get in Eichel.

Probably. They're fucked because they lose the deal by default by giving up the best player in it. Most NHL trades are one part "expected," two parts "seriously?" so they'll get an OK return, but it'll likely pale in comparison to what most fans are cooking up.

Probably. They're fucked because they lose the deal by default by giving up the best player in it. Most NHL trades are one part "expected," two parts "seriously?" so they'll get an OK return, but it'll likely pale in comparison to what most fans are cooking up.

Yeah...I mean it's something like Kreider, Roberston/Jones, Morgan Barron, 1st 2021, conditional 1st 2022. If Eichel really just wants out and holds the cards, that's probably where we end. Maybe Lundkvist.

Sabres fans probably want Kakko and Kravtsov and the 2 1sts and then some.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nhl-exec-predicts-jack-eichel-175754024.html

Buffalo Sabres star Jack Eichel is one of the biggest names expected to be available via trade, and one NHL executive thinks the 24-year-old is going to wind up with the Rangers.

"I think at the end of the day, Jack Eichel is going to end up a New York Ranger," the executive told The Athletic. "I just don’t know when that’s going to be."

Yeah...I mean it's something like Kreider, Roberston/Jones, Morgan Barron, 1st 2021, conditional 1st 2022. If Eichel really just wants out and holds the cards, that's probably where we end. Maybe Lundkvist.

Sabres fans probably want Kakko and Kravtsov and the 2 1sts and then some.

I can't see Kreider waiving his NMC to go to Buffalo. I could maybe see Zibanejad waiving his NMC if Buffalo negotiates a large extension that he wouldn't get from the Rangers.

they can have our entire "1st line", 2 1st rounders, 2021 second, all 4 of this years 3rd & 4th. and that still wouldn't be enough, Rangers front picks the next 2 years will center searching anyways.

Buffalo likely would want someone to take Skinner along with 2/3 of his cap hit

Retained. In exchange for Trouba.

I sincerely hope not. Winning teams don't trade for their franchise players. Eichel is pretty one dimensional. He has 8 more points than Zib and the same number of goals. That ain't worth Kakko, Laf or even Nils. We're losing because we're going, not because we don't have enough firepower.

Ryan O'Reilly was traded to the Blues. His first year in STL he led them in regular season and playoff scoring, won the Selke and Con Smythe. Traded by Buffalo...

I sincerely hope not. Winning teams don't trade for their franchise players. Eichel is pretty one dimensional. He has 8 more points than Zib and the same number of goals. That ain't worth Kakko, Laf or even Nils. We're losing because we're going, not because we don't have enough firepower.

Don't they? Blues traded for O'Reilly, Schenn, and Bouwmeester. Caps traded for Oshie. Pens traded for Kessel. And those are just Cup-winners. "Winning" teams trade for "franchise-type" players all the time.

How does that honestly make us better in the long run than we were last year with Ziby outperforming Eichel offensively? You're squeezing us more cap wise, getting about the same production as you got out of Ziby last year, thinning out our roster now talent wise, and handcuffing our future assets.

Just stay the course and not worry about the shiny toy.

Yeah, no. Hard pass. Fox, Kakko, Lafreniere all off the table for me in an Eichel trade. If they don't like it, then I would just move on.

I'd guess that's the opening salvo from Buffalo. I imagine they eventually land on something like Kravtsov, Trouba/Kreider, high end prospect, 1st, 1st.

I'd guess that's the opening salvo from Buffalo. I imagine they eventually land on something like Kravtsov, Trouba/Kreider, high end prospect, 1st, 1st.

Buchnevich, Chytil, Lundkvist, lotto protected 1st is my offer. I'm willing to stretch a little more...B level prospect or something. And I really like Chytil and don't want to see him traded, but you have to give to get.

Buchnevich, Chytil, Lundkvist, lotto protected 1st is my offer. I'm willing to stretch a little more...B level prospect or something. And I really like Chytil and don't want to see him traded, but you have to give to get.

Yeah. I think this is in the ballpark. What did we give up for Nash? What did we get for McDonaugh? I think the deals would be in that range. I think Buffalo fans would ultimately be disappointed with what they get in return. Rarely does the team giving up the better player "win" the trade.

Kravstov would likely be of interest too. Some combo of these players would be my offer.

If Fox is the cost to get Eichel that's not stopping me. I won't like it but you have to give to get. I do think the Rangers will have to move on from a wing at some point. Laf, Panarin, Kakko, Kravtsov, need ice time

Yeah. I think this is in the ballpark. What did we give up for Nash? What did we get for McDonaugh? I think the deals would be in that range. I think Buffalo fans would ultimately be disappointed with what they get in return. Rarely does the team giving up the better player "win" the trade.

Kravstov would likely be of interest too. Some combo of these players would be my offer.

I would be prepared to add Kravtsov to that package in return for something else. Maybe a lesser prospect that projects as a good 3rd line type. I'm not familiar with the Sabres' prospect pool though.

If there's any way they can swing the deal without Lafreniere/Kakko/Lundqvist/Miller/Fox/Shesterkin involved they have to find a way to do it.

If they can't, who has the short straw?

They could sell high on a guy like Lundqvist or Miller, or low on one of the others. I don't know what the answer is, but I am fairly certain that they'll fuck it up.

Why would they take on a player with a big salary when they are rebuilding ,that was the reason they traded Eichel ,cause they aren't ready to compete

I'd go one of Lundqvist-Miller/Deangelo (retained)/2 of of Robertson-Barron-Georgiev-/ and (2) 1sts one of which top 10 protected.

If they'd rather have Buchnevich than Deangelo I'd be ok with that, maybe.

I like Phil's idea of Skinner, with full retention, for Trouba, but we have nowhere to play him.

I'd go one of Lundqvist-Miller/Deangelo (retained)/2 of of Robertson-Barron-Georgiev-/ and (2) 1sts one of which top 10 protected.

I like Phil's idea of Skinner, with full retention, for Trouba, but we have nowhere to play him.

Nor is Trouba waiving his full NMC to go to Buffalo.

Kravtsov, Chytil, Strome (salary), lottery-protected 1st. Salt and pepper to taste.

Yeah, any deal with Skinner basically has to be massive, because you gotta include Kreider (just to make room to play him).

But what incentive would either Kreider or Trouba have to agree to be moved to Buffalo? Sure would be helpful to us to help offset Eichel's incoming salary giving us some flexibility but I can't see it being a real possibility.