• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

flat cap is gonna be really hard for anyone to trade for a guy like Eichel on his salary for so long.

The trade market will determine the price here and it is absolutely not going to be THAT high. There's no reason the Rangers should entertain that type of proposal.

Kakko, Laf, Lundqvist IMO are untouchable at the moment.

I'd give a 1st rounder, Chytil, Robertson, Barron, and another pick. And if we need to take back another contract with it then that's fine

flat cap is gonna be really hard for anyone to trade for a guy like Eichel on his salary for so long.

The trade market will determine the price here and it is absolutely not going to be THAT high. There's no reason the Rangers should entertain that type of proposal.

Kakko, Laf, Lundqvist IMO are untouchable at the moment.

I'd give a 1st rounder, Chytil, Robertson, Barron, and another pick. And if we need to take back another contract with it then that's fine

Just a long as it's not Skinner.

It’s probably fair to say that they were never dealing him in season. That’s just not the type of trade you make anywhere but during the summer.

It will be interesting to see if this picks up steam again this coming offseason and how many teams are involved.

It’s probably fair to say that they were never dealing him in season. That’s just not the type of trade you make anywhere but during the summer.

It will be interesting to see if this picks up steam again this coming offseason and how many teams are involved.

It will pick up for sure starting around draft time. I was trying to think, other than the Rangers, what teams have good prospect pools that would entice Buffalo and be a good fit. The Kings?

It will pick up for sure starting around draft time. I was trying to think, other than the Rangers, what teams have good prospect pools that would entice Buffalo and be a good fit. The Kings?

That would be one team, yes, if Eichel is willing to go there, that has the assets to pull it off.

The Senators could do it, but Eichel won't waive. Probably same deal for Carolina, actually. So could the Avalanche - they won't, but they could.

Yeah, I was also thinking what teams he would have waive his NTC to. Carolina is a very good team, but would he want to go there? I think either here or Colorado? Absolutely.

Cap outlook next year with Eichel: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2344095

'22-'23 cap space = 29 million to figure out:

Zibanejad

Strome

Kakko

Kravtsov

Fox

3 forwards (4th line, essentially)

7 D

Estimates:

Zibanejad - 8M

Strome - Gone

Kakko - 2x3

Kravtsov - 2x2.5

Fox - 8x8

4th line = ~2.5

7d = 850k

Backup G: 1

Total: 25.85M, 3.15M to spare (not really though, bonus money consideration for ELC contracts on the team).

'23-'24 they will need to pay Lafreniere/Miller/Z. Jones accordingly if deserving. The Rangers will have all buyout money cleared (an additional 3.4M) to assist in covering the raises, but there's no question they would start to look at moving Trouba and Kreider starting this offseason, though they both have NMCs until the following year.

Cap outlook next year with Eichel: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2344095

'22-'23 cap space = 29 million to figure out:

Zibanejad

Strome

Kakko

Kravtsov

Fox

3 forwards (4th line, essentially)

7 D

Estimates:

Zibanejad - 8M

Strome - Gone

Kakko - 2x3

Kravtsov - 2x2.5

Fox - 8x8

4th line = ~2.5

7d = 850k

Backup G: 1

Total: 25.85M, 3.15M to spare (not really though, bonus money consideration for ELC contracts on the team).

'23-'24 they will need to pay Lafreniere/Miller/Z. Jones accordingly if deserving. The Rangers will have all buyout money cleared (an additional 3.4M) to assist in covering the raises, but there's no question they would start to look at moving Trouba and Kreider starting this offseason, though they both have NMCs until the following year.

Keep going until 25-26, the final year of the Eichel contract. Doesn't work. Panarin, Eichel, Kreider and Trouba still on the books. I am at 80.5m cap with no zibanejad, no 3rd line, and missing a D pair.

Keep going until 25-26, the final year of the Eichel contract. Doesn't work. Panarin, Eichel, Kreider and Trouba still on the books. I am at 80.5m cap with no zibanejad, no 3rd line, and missing a D pair.

One of Kreider or Trouba will not be here by then, in my opinion. And this is 4 or 5 years down the road. I hope they have been able to take some swipes at a Cup during that time frame.

After watching Kravtsov play few games, i no longer want him to be included in the deal for Eichel.
Me, too. My wife thinks he's cute. She practically girl screamed when they took away his goal last night. As well as being an immediate asset to the team, Krav may be my ticket to watching more games.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1