• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

I dont think we know what we have/get for Zibanejad.

That's the key, Josh man...Is he the 41 goal scorer? or is he what we're seeing this year??

I have no clue what we could get and what's more is we don't know what he'll command as a UFA in another season. I'm glad I don't have to make that call, but I'm still leaning towards Zibby being our number one guy.

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say he's a 30+ goal scorer, maybe 80-85 points a season...good 2 ways, PK'er, PP'er, good skater and solid #1 center. Eichel to me is a little better than that, but how much we give up in players may be the deciding factor.

That's the key, Josh man...Is he the 41 goal scorer? or is he what we're seeing this year??

I have no clue what we could get and what's more is we don't know what he'll command as a UFA in another season. I'm glad I don't have to make that call, but I'm still leaning towards Zibby being our number one guy.

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say he's a 30+ goal scorer, maybe 80-85 points a season...good 2 ways, PK'er, PP'er, good skater and solid #1 center. Eichel to me is a little better than that, but how much we give up in players may be the deciding factor.

I think he's more in the middle of what we're seeing now, compared to last year. He's not as great as he was last year, but not as bad as we're seeing this year. In fact, he's probably more of what we saw last year, but he was insanely hot. He will always be a good two-way player, though.

Yeah I agree, Sharpy. :thumbs:

The weird thing is that you see these games against the Flyers where he's just absolutely invincible, and it makes you wonder if he's got another level. This is a tough season to get a bead on Zibby. He started out so poorly and didn't even look like he was skating well.

I'm willing to give Zib a pass on the first half of this season. Let's see what happens the rest of the way. I'm very curious to see what goes down the rest of the season....even with the kids.

Gonna be a fun ride, and even more fun to watch!!!

Yeah I agree, Sharpy. :thumbs:

The weird thing is that you see these games against the Flyers where he's just absolutely invincible, and it makes you wonder if he's got another level. This is a tough season to get a bead on Zibby. He started out so poorly and didn't even look like he was skating well.

I'm willing to give Zib a pass on the first half of this season. Let's see what happens the rest of the way. I'm very curious to see what goes down the rest of the season....even with the kids.

Gonna be a fun ride, and even more fun to watch!!!

Of course it will be fun for you, Mr. Tequila

By the way, if the Rangers stick with Quinn, he has coached Eichel before. I know there's been rumors about Eichel's attitude...guessing Quinn would know firsthand whether it is true or bologna.

Quinn coached eichel for 6 months. And he likely wouldn’t be the coach if the rangers landed Eichel, effectively ended the rebuild, and starting trying to win.

Quinn coached eichel for 6 months. And he likely wouldn’t be the coach if the rangers landed Eichel, effectively ended the rebuild, and starting trying to win.

Is there anything more than fan speculation that points to this? Because the longer he goes without getting fired, the less chance there is of him getting fired IMO.

Is there anything more than fan speculation that points to this? Because the longer he goes without getting fired, the less chance there is of him getting fired IMO.

I don't think he's getting fired at all. There was certainly some risk, I think, when the team was just floundering, with Zibanejad and others seriously struggling to look like NHL players, but that ship has been righted, and though the yearly projections on Lafreniere and Kakko still look like shit, both are looking like better hockey players with each passing game. I just don't think the team is ready to pull the trigger on this (yet).

That said, I'd imagine that if the team gets Eichel, part of that reason (however small) will be the familiarity with Quinn. That familiarity could even been seen as an insurance policy to lift Eichel's spirits.

I don't think he's getting fired at all. There was certainly some risk, I think, when the team was just floundering, with Zibanejad and others seriously struggling to look like NHL players, but that ship has been righted, and though the yearly projections on Lafreniere and Kakko still look like shit, both are looking like better hockey players with each passing game. I just don't think the team is ready to pull the trigger on this (yet).

That said, I'd imagine that if the team gets Eichel, part of that reason (however small) will be the familiarity with Quinn. That familiarity could even been seen as an insurance policy to lift Eichel's spirits.

And if it doesnt work, Eichel will set the NHL record with having 1,294 different coaches during his career.

i think this year he wont get canned but next year, if there's no progress and the team is hovering around .500 he will be sacked. IMO the team must make the POs next season or bye-bye Harlequinn

I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:

Buch, Howden, Robertson +1st.

The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.

Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.

I just want to put my trade's prediction up here, what do you guys think about it:

The way Adams operates thus far, we can definitely fleece him on that deal giving the circumstances on their side as well. Mb sweeten the pot just a little bit to convince him by swapping Howden with Chytil, which i don't want to.

Quite frankly, i don't think we are up to pay king's ransom this summer for Jack's service.

Would you take that deal for Panarin?

Not considering Eichel is younger, cheaper, and a center.

Buffalo would laugh and hang up the phone honestly.

Buffalo seems to be a different team since they changed coaches. They did a number on the Flyers over the weekend with that comeback.

Getting Ullmark back makes a huge difference too. I think their other goaltenders combined only had two or three wins, something like that, when he was out. Insane, really.

Buffalo would laugh and hang up the phone honestly.

Getting Ullmark back makes a huge difference too. I think their other goaltenders combined only had two or three wins, something like that, when he was out. Insane, really.

They're going to want an ass load back for Eichel, when and IF they do deal him though, Sharpy...I agree with you guys.

It would probably suit Buffalo best to keep him there, because I don't think the Rangers are going to deviate from where they're going, and I also don't think Buffalo will, or should settle for getting hosed in a deal.

Ullmark is dynamite in net, as we saw last week, and they can build around that. The only really shitty contract they have is Skinner, and hopefully for them, he gets his shit together again.