• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

If the Rangers are serious about getting Eichel what about a three way trade with Minnesota

To Rangers:

Eichel

Greenway

To Minnesota:

Zibanjad

To Buffalo:

Buch

Erikkson Ek

#22 overall from Minn

Zibanejad waiving? Erikkson Ek isn’t moving. Other adds needed

I’ve suggested something similar with Zibanejad going to Vegas.

I wasn't aware on Mika's NMC but his buddy Zucc is there and I'm sure they would offer him a big contract. I'm also sure the trade wouldn't be made unless he agreed to a new contract anyway. Of course some tweaks maybe needed but for basis of a trade I think all teams get what they want.

You don't think Minnesota would move Errikson EK for a number 1 center? They are supposedly in on the Eichel talks. Just curious to what a Minnesota offer looks like.

which established youth would Buffalo want from them? Fiala is the only other one that makes sense. Yes they have Boldy, Addison, and Rossi as top prospects but their first is #22 which isn't great.

Josh just for shits and giggles what do you think Minnesota would have to give for Eichel in comparison to what the Rangers would offer?

I wasn't aware on Mika's NMC but his buddy Zucc is there and I'm sure they would offer him a big contract. I'm also sure the trade wouldn't be made unless he agreed to a new contract anyway. Of course some tweaks maybe needed but for basis of a trade I think all teams get what they want.

You don't think Minnesota would move Errikson EK for a number 1 center? They are supposedly in on the Eichel talks. Just curious to what a Minnesota offer looks like.

which established youth would Buffalo want from them? Fiala is the only other one that makes sense. Yes they have Boldy, Addison, and Rossi as top prospects but their first is #22 which isn't great.

Josh just for shits and giggles what do you think Minnesota would have to give for Eichel in comparison to what the Rangers would offer?

Minn essentially is screwed with $13mil in cap hits from 2 players they dont even have coming next year there is literally no path for them to obtain eichel unless Zucc goes.

Minn essentially is screwed with $13mil in cap hits from 2 players they dont even have coming next year there is literally no path for them to obtain eichel unless Zucc goes.

Huh? They have $26M in cap space as of today. They need to sign Kaspirov and Fiala but after that I would think that would leave them plenty of money for Eichel

Huh? They have $26M in cap space as of today. They need to sign Kaspirov and Fiala but after that I would think that would leave them plenty of money for Eichel

Huh? literally next summer they'd be $10mil over the cap and have to buyout Zucc and have another big dead cap hit lmao. I say go right ahead and do it Guerin doom that franchise to the depths of the Sabres. You do realize both Parise & Suter will be costing them $6.3mil next year and $7.3mil the year after that EACH.

Huh? literally next summer they'd be $10mil over the cap and have to buyout Zucc and have another big dead cap hit lmao. I say go right ahead and do it Guerin doom that franchise to the depths of the Sabres. You do realize both Parise & Suter will be costing them $6.3mil next year and $7.3mil the year after that EACH.

I do realize that. They can easily fit him under the cap this season. That was my point. They are reported to be interested in trading for a number 1 center, namely Eichel. I could carless what they do, just reading the reports saying they are now a player in the Eichel market.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-rumours-minnesota-wild-jack-eichel-1.1667647

Nah. Minny could make this work. Their center depth would be Eichel, ErikssonEk, ELC (Rossi/Boldy), 4c for at least the next 3 years. They have a couple of rough contracts (Rask and Talbot, namely, pending the expansion draft) coming off the books when those buyout hits get big. They have a ton of cap space for this offseason and for next; the only catch is that the space they use this season is almost entirely the space they use next.

They could easily do 9 for Kaprizov, 10 for Eichel, include Fiala in the Eichel deal, get a year ahead of Greenway and Kakhonen and extend them now, and probably still have 3 million left this season to get a veteran D to partner with Addison without creating any serious cap problems until 2025 - just in time for those buyouts to completely disappear.

Replying to

@WGR550

Friedman - From my understanding, Eichel has started skating again. Teams will make an attempt at acquiring Eichel. I would be very surprised if Eichel was still with the #Sabres at the start of next season. #LetsGoBuffalo.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not as encouraging and frankly reads as back pedaling given that he'd agreed that he thought a trade would happen before the draft.

Can't get my twitter to load to get the link, but Brooks just tweeted that nothing is close because we haven't even been granted access to Eichel's medical records yet.

You can forget about a trade happening if that's the case. It would have to happen before the draft and there's now we our docs could comb through it in time.

Good riddance.