• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Reinhart is always noticeable. Buchnevich is vastly overrated by Rangers fans. He stinks in big games. Every time the game gets physical, he vanishes and can only retaliate with his stick and takes dumb penalties. Reinhart is a much better player. He's just stuck on a crap team. In 8 games vs. the Islanders last year Reinhart had 4 g, 3 A, -1. That with a coach that the team hated to begin the season. Vs the Rangers he had 4 G 5 A in 8 games -2. So, how you say he isn't noticeable is a joke. In 8 games vs. the Isles Buchevich had 2 G, 1 A, 0. Poor numbers considering he's on a top line. vs Buff in 8 games he had 1 G 6 A +2. You put Reinhart on this team, you're quickly see just how much better of a player he is than Buchnevich. Which is why you are going to have to throw in a Jones. That might not be enough. You might have to send over Buchnevich and something more significant.

The year before in 3 games Buchnevich had 1 g, 0 A vs the Islanders. To me, Reinhart is figuring out how to score vs. the better defensive teams. Buchnevich is not. That and Reinhart has had a completely inferior supporting cast to work with. Especially on defense where those guys suck at moving the puck.

Reinhart is always noticeable. Buchnevich is vastly overrated by Rangers fans. He stinks in big games. Every time the game gets physical, he vanishes and can only retaliate with his stick and takes dumb penalties. Reinhart is a much better player. He's just stuck on a crap team. In 8 games vs. the Islanders last year Reinhart had 4 g, 3 A, -1. That with a coach that the team hated to begin the season. Vs the Rangers he had 4 G 5 A in 8 games -2. So, how you say he isn't noticeable is a joke. In 8 games vs. the Isles Buchevich had 2 G, 1 A, 0. Poor numbers considering he's on a top line. vs Buff in 8 games he had 1 G 6 A +2. You put Reinhart on this team, you're quickly see just how much better of a player he is than Buchnevich. Which is why you are going to have to throw in a Jones. That might not be enough. You might have to send over Buchnevich and something more significant.

The year before in 3 games Buchnevich had 1 g, 0 A vs the Islanders. To me, Reinhart is figuring out how to score vs. the better defensive teams. Buchnevich is not. That and Reinhart has had a completely inferior supporting cast to work with. Especially on defense where those guys suck at moving the puck.

Good post. Reinhart it is then.

Why are they looking to add offense?

Buchnevich was the most noticeable player in the series against Carolina. He was also the best defensive forward for the Rangers, and added some snarl to his game.

The grass it not always greener, especially when you hope for.. maybe a slightly better player offensively?

The Rangers desperately need guys that play big. Why do we keep discussing these lateral moves with Hertl, Kuznetsov, Reinhart? These are more of what they iced that last 3 years when the team wasnt good. Well, with the exception of Reinhart being a -26 and doesnt kill penalties

If Reinhart is so good, why are they trading him for Buchnevich and Jones?

Buchnevich also had 6pts in 8 games vs Pittsburgh, 7 in 8 vs Washington, and 6 in 7 vs Boston - the non-Islanders teams that made the playoffs.

Big Game Sam was 3 in 8 (-9), 4 in 8 (-8) and 5 in 8 (-5) against those respective teams.

• Like 1

I just feel like as soon. as Buch signs we will regret his contract. The Rangers need to get bigger and tougher to play against. There is a big reluctance to trade the youth and it seems to me that Buch has no chance of staying here. Nice player but he's more of what we already have and he's never going to have a higher trade value than now. Buch should be traded to add some meat and potatoes to this team. The classic talent for character move. (aka Niedereitter for Clutterbuck)

I just feel like as soon. as Buch signs we will regret his contract. The Rangers need to get bigger and tougher to play against. There is a big reluctance to trade the youth and it seems to me that Buch has no chance of staying here. Nice player but he's more of what we already have and he's never going to have a higher trade value than now. Buch should be traded to add some meat and potatoes to this team. The classic talent for character move. (aka Niedereitter for Clutterbuck)

Buch is a good player, but this is key.

He's a classic "danger zone" contract. $5-6 million for a player who doesn't move the needle on his own and put up career numbers in a contract year on the edge of free agency. Kinda scary. He was a revelation, but let's be real — he wasn't this player for much more than the last like 120~ games over two seasons.

If it's Niederreiter for Clutterbuck, he's pretty much going to Minnesota for Greenway? LOL.

They have to be cautious with contracts regardless.

No overpaying, no long contracts.

I’m hoping Drury is on top of it.

That said, the contracts I fear are the Reinharts, Hertls, etc looking beyond 7x7. They need to avoid those at all costs

Buch is a good player, but this is key.

He's a classic "danger zone" contract. $5-6 million for a player who doesn't move the needle on his own and put up career numbers in a contract year on the edge of free agency. Kinda scary. He was a revelation, but let's be real — he wasn't this player for much more than the last like 120~ games over two seasons.

Fine, but that’s Zibanejad and Strome, too.

Buchnevich vs Reinhart, I mean, Buchnevich has proven himself in NY. Other kid hasn’t done shit. If we are paying, I’m taking the cheaper, better fit in Buchnevich

Moving Buchnevich for Greenway is a big fucking L for the Rangers. (Sorry Ozzy).

Again, Greenway isn’t a leader, center, fighter, game changer, etc. Rangers don’t need more guys that look good on paper.

Fine, but that’s Zibanejad and Strome, too.

Buchnevich vs Reinhart, I mean, Buchnevich has proven himself in NY. Other kid hasn’t done shit. If we are paying, I’m taking the cheaper, better fit in Buchnevich

Moving Buchnevich for Greenway is a big fucking L for the Rangers. (Sorry Ozzy).

y isn’t a leader, center, fighter, game changer, etc. Rangers don’t need more guys that look good on paper.

Greenway is not a fourth liner. Greenway addresses massive needs for this team. Buch is a nice player but he is a redundant piece on this team. It maybe a loss in terms of talent but in terms of team building that is the exact kind of trade they need to make. Sorry Josh.

Greenway is not a fourth liner. Greenway addresses massive needs for this team. Buch is a nice player but he is a redundant piece on this team. It maybe a loss in terms of talent but in terms of team building that is the exact kind of trade they need to make. Sorry Josh.

Buch is not redundant. Strome is, because he's a shittier softee than Panarin and Zibanejad.

Who is he playing over?

Lafreniere, Panarin, Kreider?

Kakko, Kravtsov that also play the LW?

You know what, tell me what Greenway does.

How does he make this team better?

I'd love to hear it, because this is just another name Rangers fans like when theyve never actually seen him play.

I still love the idea of moving Kreider to the right.

Laf Zib Kreider

Panarin Strome Kakko

Greenway ? Krav

Honestly, I'm probably the biggest Kreider fan, and he sucks on the RW.

He should be the 3rd line LW. Limit his minutes, give him the PP time. His production will be exactly the same - but maybe he makes it the entire season and is available for the Rangers when the games matter (which hasnt happened in years). I was hoping for this the last season.

I'd love to hear it, because this is just another name Rangers fans like when theyve never actually seen him play.

From the Trade Target thread.

He can fight, it's just that not too many will dance with him! ....Here's one with our next #3 Center:

Props to Getzlaf for giving it a go!

That entire shift is what I'm talking about. Carry it in, shot on net, immediately goes to the net. Bowls over a Ducks defender in the process. Quickly gains position and attempts a screen. Shot goes wide, Greenway aggressively hunts the puck down, beating another Ducks defender (physically muscling past him), then gets challenged by Getzlaf. Shoot, go to the net, get the puck out of the corner. Rinse, repeat.

That entire shift is exactly what this team needs. To a tee.

What is this a test? Greenway forechecks first and foremost and wins board battles second. Third he goes to the net and pushes back when an opponent wants to intimidate his teammates. He scores his goals 3 feet away from the net and wouldn't that be nice to score a rebound goal every once in a while? He hits people every chance he gets which is also nice when entering a 7 game series. What's the best thing about him? Is that he does all these things while being able to play a top 6 role. Meaning he can play with top skill guys without being a drag on them. He's a 6-4 monster that has enough skill and skating to play alongside anybody. He may not be better than any of those guys you listed one for one. But I'm not building a playstation hockey team, I'm trying to build an actual real life hockey team. If there haven't been enough proof that size and strength matters come playoff time I implore you to tune into a game in these playoffs and you will see the Rangers as currently constructed are horseshit. The better question is which of Panarin, Lafreneirere, Kakko, Buch, Strome, Chytil, Kravtsov gives up first when the games get hard. Kreider isn't even worth talking about because he will disappear and appear as he wishes. You know who won't, Jordan Greenway.

What is this a test? Greenway forechecks first and foremost and wins board battles second. Third he goes to the net and pushes back when an opponent wants to intimidate his teammates. He scores his goals 3 feet away from the net and wouldn't that be nice to score a rebound goal every once in a while? He hits people every chance he gets which is also nice when entering a 7 game series. What's the best thing about him? Is that he does all these things while being able to play a top 6 role. Meaning he can play with top skill guys without being a drag on them. He's a 6-4 monster that has enough skill and skating to play alongside anybody. He may not be better than any of those guys you listed one for one. But I'm not building a playstation hockey team, I'm trying to build an actual real life hockey team. If there haven't been enough proof that size and strength matters come playoff time I implore you to tune into a game in these playoffs and you will see the Rangers as currently constructed are horseshit. The better question is which of Panarin, Lafreneirere, Kakko, Buch, Strome, Chytil, Kravtsov gives up first when the games get hard. Kreider isn't even worth talking about because he will disappear and appear as he wishes. You know who won't, Jordan Greenway.

omg he's watched 2 shifts...

omg he's watched 2 shifts...

Excuse me? You asked and I gave you exactly what he does? I've watched Greenway not only in the NHL but also at BU and during the WJC when he was a man among boys in that tournament against his peers. You're response is pathetic. You claim I don't know about the player and I've never seen him play. Your entire argument here is what? Nobody here but you watches hockey or understands it enough to discuss it with you? You asked and I gave you a more than deserved well thought out response. Do you have a counter point to why he isn't more than a fourth liner you claim he is?

32 points in 52 games is pretty good fourth line numbers

Honestly, I'm probably the biggest Kreider fan, and he sucks on the RW.

He should be the 3rd line LW. Limit his minutes, give him the PP time. His production will be exactly the same - but maybe he makes it the entire season and is available for the Rangers when the games matter (which hasnt happened in years). I was hoping for this the last season.

Fair enough. But you said Greenway isn't a 4th liner so I slotted him on the 3rd and made use of Kreider's contract. Can Greenway play the right? Move him opposite Kreider on the 3rd line RW spot for all I care lol

Fair enough. But you said Greenway isn't a 4th liner so I slotted him on the 3rd and made use of Kreider's contract. Can Greenway play the right? Move him opposite Kreider on the 3rd line RW spot for all I care lol

Kreider and Greenway on the same line gives me headaches.

Excuse me? You asked and I gave you exactly what he does? I've watched Greenway not only in the NHL but also at BU and during the WJC when he was a man among boys in that tournament against his peers. You're response is pathetic. You claim I don't know about the player and I've never seen him play. Your entire argument here is what? Nobody here but you watches hockey or understands it enough to discuss it with you? You asked and I gave you a more than deserved well thought out response. Do you have a counter point to why he isn't more than a fourth liner you claim he is?

32 points in 52 games is pretty good fourth line numbers

he'd be a 4th liner here.

But this team needs leader, a penalty killer, some fucking balls, consistency, role player, someone that wins faceoffs, some one that hits (check!), someone that is willing to stick up for eachother, a tone setter...

He's not checking those boxes.

Sure, I'd love to see him on the wing of Chytil and Kravtsov. Do I think that makes the team better than current? No.

If you talked about his potential to be what you claim he is, i could believe you. Game to game, he's way too inconsistent, not great defensively, and not an offensive threat. If you are the biggest, toughest dude, and you are scoring as many goals as Colin Blackwell scored in front of the net, well.. I'm not willing to part with assets or a contract for that.