• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coyotes Listening to Offers on Oliver Ekman-Larsson; Should the Rangers Jump?

Lord Al

Elliot Friedman on his 31 Thoughts is reporting . However, Ekman-Larsson also comes with the price tag of an $8.25MM cap hit over seven more years. For that reason, The Athletic accurately states that there is some substantial risk in acquiring the Swedish star. TSN’s Travis Yost also warns that most defensemen begin to decline after the age of 27 and Ekman-Larsson, 29, has already shown some signs of slipping. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-matt-dumba-next-wild-trade-block/

Interesting read on Arizona there, where?s all their money gone if they can?t pay the rent on the stadium, let alone pay their own players salaries on time. Yet they say they are trying hard to re-sign Taylor Hall and are only $1 mil. under the cap. Even if they are able to trade EOL and use his cap hit spot to re-sign Hall?-how will they even pay him.

Definitely a team that will be dumping salary.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No, that contract is way too much. The only way it works is like Phil said, if they take Trouba in return. I would be interested in maybe brining Stepan back as the second line center. He has had success here, and is in the last year of his contract and won't be getting what he is making now on his next contract. Stepan setting up Panarin would be great, and then there is also no need to bring back Strome.

I'm probably one of Stepan's biggest fans, but even I wouldn't want him as the second line center at his current cap hit. He's still a capable player. His production is reflective of both his deterioration and Tocchet's offense-stifling system. That said, he's a 3C at the moment. I'd be receptive to a reunion after this season when he's a UFA and you can pay him more appropriately as a 3C. Until then, enjoy the sun, Derek.

I'm probably one of Stepan's biggest fans, but even I wouldn't want him as the second line center at his current cap hit. He's still a capable player. His production is reflective of both his deterioration and Tocchet's offense-stifling system. That said, he's a 3C at the moment. I'd be receptive to a reunion after this season when he's a UFA and you can pay him more appropriately as a 3C. Until then, enjoy the sun, Derek.

Arizona salary retention? Whats his current cap hit?

What Strome did last year was a perennial season for Steps however the last two years have shown Stepan with a precipitous drop off. Better off keeping Strome for less and if he comes back to Earth and lives up to what he has done his whole career (30ish points) then hopefully we arent buried with a HUGE contract.