• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 | SCF | Tampa Bay Lightning (2) vs. Dallas Stars (3)

Phil

Who wins the Cup?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Cup?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next two games are back-to-back btw. What a good idea to have that in a cup final when they've been playing every other day for the last 3 weeks aswell.

If they didn't schedule back to back then the NHL would go against the NFL on Sunday. In addition, it would go against the NFL on NBC (Packers vs. Saints) at the same time as NHL on NBCSN. NHL would get dreadful ratings vs the NFL and NBC would be competing against themselves in that same time slot.

If they didn't schedule back to back then the NHL would go against the NFL on Sunday. In addition, it would go against the NFL on NBC (Packers vs. Saints) at the same time as NHL on NBCSN. NHL would get dreadful ratings vs the NFL and NBC would be competing against themselves in that same time slot.

Players safety and good hockey should be more important than some casual fans watching, but money is everything I guess.

Could someone point me to where in the rule book it says that the embellishment penalty will only be called to offset another penalty? There needs to be a reset. Officials need to have the balls to call it as a primary penalty. When you get your stick between a guy's legs, it should just be a penalty, and adding an embellishment call to that is garbage.

Man, you hate to see a pivotal game 4 resolved on a bad penalty call. But Dallas should have scored at 4 on 3. Some shot by Shatty.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Took his hand off his stick to grab the other player across his body and may have touched the player's stick. Certainly wasn't rule book tripping, but could have been called holding or another infraction. Anson Carter on the postgame had it correct.

I will say that I'm glad to see them calling penalties in OT. Many of the absurdly long OT games turned out absurdly long because the refs put the whistles away. If you are concerned about yielding a PP OT goal, don't take penalties. 85% of stick fouls are easily avoidable. Don't put your stick between the other guy's legs. Don't swing it around at face level. Heck, if Ryan Strome could do that we'd have allowed a dozen fewer PP goals on the season and won six more games.