• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Craig Custance's 2020 NHL Trade Big Board

LindG1000

If actually available, Ehlers would be a great add for us and on a reasonable term for the next several seasons. I wonder how high the cost would be to trade for him. Proven 60 pt player with room to grow. Only 24. Would be a nice pickup, with the idea that he would replace Buchnevich in the top 6.

A first-round pick, for sure. Problem is, the Jets need a lot, and he's a left-wing. The Rangers are already stacked there. Laine, if any Jet, is the guy to target. Team badly needs another RW threat. Laine/Kakko for the next five years is a rock-solid one-two.

I just don't know if the Rangers have the stomach to give up what it would take to get him. Buch, 22nd overall, and Miller?

A first-round pick, for sure. Problem is, the Jets need a lot, and he's a left-wing. The Rangers are already stacked there. Laine, if any Jet, is the guy to target. Team badly needs another RW threat. Laine/Kakko for the next five years is a rock-solid one-two.

I just don't know if the Rangers have the stomach to give up what it would take to get him. Buch, 22nd overall, and Miller?

I thought Ehlers was interchangeable at wing. I glanced on dailyfaceoff and it had him as 1RW. If he's generally tied to LW, then yeah...not interested any longer.

I'd love Laine, but I fear his next cap hit will be a bit too expensive for the Rangers.

I thought Ehlers was interchangeable at wing. I glanced on dailyfaceoff and it had him as 1RW. If he's generally tied to LW, then yeah...not interested any longer.

I'd love Laine, but I fear his next cap hit will be a bit too expensive for the Rangers.

Oh, I'm not sure about that. Maybe they moved him there? I just know he came up as a left-wing, so I'd be a little wary of quadrupling down on getting another one when the team is already likely to be paying $6.5 million for a third-line LW next season.

Laine probably would be too expensive, but you can offset those costs in some respects depending on who you move out and then what you do with others, but this is always the price of doing business in this regard. Too much talent is a great problem to have, but a problem nonetheless, because the cap room is finite. Someone always ends up on the outside looking in.

Oh, I'm not sure about that. Maybe they moved him there? I just know he came up as a left-wing, so I'd be a little wary of quadrupling down on getting another one when the team is already likely to be paying $6.5 million for a third-line LW next season.

Laine probably would be too expensive, but you can offset those costs in some respects depending on who you move out and then what you do with others, but this is always the price of doing business in this regard. Too much talent is a great problem to have, but a problem nonetheless, because the cap room is finite. Someone always ends up on the outside looking in.

They need defensemen. I'm not sure they would be interested in DeAngelo or not. I bet they would push for Fox, or at least a guy like Lindgren to be included in any deal.

They need defensemen. I'm not sure they would be interested in DeAngelo or not. I bet they would push for Fox, or at least a guy like Lindgren to be included in any deal.

That's why I included Miller. They need more than just defensemen — they need cost-controlled ones. DeAngelo is not that. He's a one-year player who will walk when free agency comes around, just as every UFA does to Winnipeg. Fox would work, though I'd imagine the Rangers would shut that door fast.