• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How Long Would You Survive a World War Z-like Zombie Apocalypse?

Phil

Based on your location (so relative answers, please), your particular set of skills, your medical conditions, mental state, etc. how long would you estimate you would last in a World War Z-like zombie apocalypse?

For anyone who hasn't seen it, these zombies are attracted to sound and operate with extreme aggression.

My answer: a week, max. Because I won't abandon my kids, and there's a zero percent chance they'd comprehend the new reality of needing to be quiet at all times. We could hunker down here with a fair number of close combat weapons, with barricaded doors and windows and ride it out for a little while, but the first kid to start screaming crying would likely result in all of us getting torn up.

As far as location, we live in a small neighborhood that's 3 miles away from "town" and 30 minutes away from nearest city. Most of this area is very hands on, so they might be able to protect me a bit. But I'd eventually go out for beer, weed, maybe food and that's how I'd get caught.

But there could be an outbreak and we wouldn't know for weeks. I still don't know anyone who knows someone that's gotten covid. (Personally. My wife knew people in Brazil, and through work we.had 2 in Philly, but locally - no)