Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 93

Thread: Two L.A. Deputies Ambushed As They Sat In Their Car

  1. #1
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,230
    Rep Power
    232

    Two L.A. Deputies Ambushed As They Sat In Their Car

    Two Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies were “fighting for their lives” Saturday after a lone gunman walked up to their parked patrol car and fired on them through an open window, officials said.

    The female and male partners were hit multiple times in the car outside a metro station in the city of Compton, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a press conference Saturday night
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/los-a...061252907.html

  2. #2
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,529
    Rep Power
    438
    I’m surprised this hasn’t happened more often. Disrespecting authority and POs is already acceptable, as is the widespread rioting and violence that is encouraged, promoted, and protected by “role models” and politicians.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  3. #3
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    2,249
    Rep Power
    62
    I'm not sure where THIS has ever been acceptable. It's sickening. Thoughts are always with those whose serve here on the board and their brothers and sisters for their safety. While also recognizing at the same time they aren't above the law. I don't think it's that complicated. But situations like this one are gutwrenching.

  4. #4
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,230
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I’m surprised this hasn’t happened more often. Disrespecting authority and POs is already acceptable, as is the widespread rioting and violence that is encouraged, promoted, and protected by “role models” and politicians.
    It happens more often than you think, it just doesn’t get too much attention. Usually it’s a 911 call though that gets cops to respond. Happened in June I believe in Tampa but no deaths. Happened in May in Indianapolis but the suspect ended up getting killed. Happened late august that killed an Officer in StvLouis but it’s unconfirmed if the suspect himself set up the Police or he was aware another call was made and he himself hid and ambushed the cops. Happened in June in California.

    Wild world we live in.

  5. #5
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,529
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I'm not sure where THIS has ever been acceptable. It's sickening. Thoughts are always with those whose serve here on the board and their brothers and sisters for their safety. While also recognizing at the same time they aren't above the law. I don't think it's that complicated. But situations like this one are gutwrenching.
    Please read.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  6. #6
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    89
    Unconscionable gutless and senseless act. THAT is a sick person. I hope they will be ok.

  7. #7
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,230
    Rep Power
    232
    Good chance that blows up in LA. A reporter got arrested during one of the protests outside the hospital where the Officers are being treated.

  8. #8
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,529
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Good chance that blows up in LA. A reporter got arrested during one of the protests outside the hospital where the Officers are being treated.
    The reporter was there as a protestor and didn’t have credentials. The individual was also interfering with Police orders and attempting to prevent emergency personnel into the hospital.

    All irrelevant in they eyes of the rioters. So let’s run it back.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  9. #9
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    2,249
    Rep Power
    62
    Man we as the human race are fucked.

  10. #10
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    90,936
    Rep Power
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Man we as the human race are fucked.
    We're really not. We just hear about these incidents a lot more with national/global media and a 24-hour news cycle. This is a horrific story, but the data actually suggests that there's never been a better time to be a human being. Steven Pinker wrote a great book on it back in 2011.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #11
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19,743
    Rep Power
    333
    Hope they recover and hope they get the assholes who did it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  12. #12
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    2,249
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    We're really not. We just hear about these incidents a lot more with national/global media and a 24-hour news cycle. This is a horrific story, but the data actually suggests that there's never been a better time to be a human being. Steven Pinker wrote a great book on it back in 2011.
    It was based on the previous comment (below) which I find horrifying.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 09-14-2020 at 12:11 AM.

  13. #13
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    14,215
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    It happens more often than you think, it just doesn’t get too much attention. Usually it’s a 911 call though that gets cops to respond. Happened in June I believe in Tampa but no deaths. Happened in May in Indianapolis but the suspect ended up getting killed. Happened late august that killed an Officer in StvLouis but it’s unconfirmed if the suspect himself set up the Police or he was aware another call was made and he himself hid and ambushed the cops. Happened in June in California.

    Wild world we live in.
    It happened yesterday in Queens where officers were responding to a domestic incident and upon arrival, they were fired upon. Luckily no one was hurt, and the suspect gave himself up.

  14. #14
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    14,215
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The reporter was there as a protestor and didn’t have credentials. The individual was also interfering with Police orders and attempting to prevent emergency personnel into the hospital.

    All irrelevant in they eyes of the rioters. So let’s run it back.

    Was he one of the peaceful protestors chanting that they hope the officers die?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wantagh
    Posts
    4,624
    Rep Power
    112
    Still can’t believe there were people that were trying to block the entrance points to the hospital so that these guys couldn’t receive medical care. The world is a terrible place.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    jsm7302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    25
    Glad this topic was moderated back to civility. To wish harm on someone is a terrible thing and to carry it out is the culmination of evil. God Bless these Officers; I hope they make it.

    No matter how you spin it; Cops are not out seeking other races or ANYONE to injure or kill. People have died in Police custody or during Police interaction as a consequence of non compliant or dangerous action. If death occurs other wise from ill action of an Officer then treat them appropriately as a Criminal if they acted as such.

    This unrest and violence is out of hand. If the people believe the tactics and actions of Police are archaic and racist based then protest the training provided. Each Officer is a human with a family and a life outside of their career choice. They chose a career to help others and make a difference. Do not blame the Individual Officers for acting as their training has guided them. If they act otherwise then yes hold them accountable but honestly the anger is directed at the wrong people.

    For groups that want equality and solidarity, I think a more fruitful way to make progress may be round table discussions as opposed to protesting. This is 2020, not 1960, with the communication means and news cycles and open minds, the voices are heard louder than ever. New tactics for Police are moving towards de escalation. The voices are heard but the tactics to be a catalyst for change should also be willing to be progressive and make real change other than trying to make the next headline.

  17. #17
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,230
    Rep Power
    232
    OILDALE, CA –A Kern County Sheriff’s Deputy was attacked around 1:30am on the 15th.

    Initial reports are that the deputy as dispatched to Moneta and North Chester Avenues when a man ran up behind him and attacked him.

    The deputy was able to retrieve his firearm and shot the suspect three times, ending the attack
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...copycat-style/

  18. #18
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31,529
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The reporter was there as a protestor and didn’t have credentials. The individual was also interfering with Police orders and attempting to prevent emergency personnel into the hospital.

    All irrelevant in they eyes of the rioters. So let’s run it back.
    The video of the reporter showing getting arrested is not the video i saw of a "reporter getting arrested"
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

  19. #19
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,230
    Rep Power
    232
    And again.....
    Virginia police cruiser shot multiple times with officer inside
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/virgin...n=site+buttons

  20. #20
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,671
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Yeah, this needs to stop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •