• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tweet Thread From Kakko Interview in Finland

RodrigueGabriel

From @VilleLampenin

NYR forward Kaapo Kakko was a guest on the popular Finnish hockey podcast "Puun takaa" and talked about his rookie season with the Rangers. A few interesting things.

- After a short offseason, Kakko is now practising with Hannu Rautala's group for the 4th summer in a row.

Kakko read the news about his playing status (diabetes) from the Finnish newspapers and thought that he wasn't allowed to play in the playoffs - then went to the rink next morning and got a confirmation from the NYR medical staff that he was good to go.

On playing the games without fans: "It was pretty weird, to be honest. It almost felt like playing at a practice rink back home. I felt that some of the crowd noises were kinda funny. I thought the level of the play and the intensity was alright though".

On NYR possibly drafting Lafreniere: "I've played against him a few times and he is a great player. He dominated the World Juniors this year with Team Canada".

When asked what it takes for him to be a 80-point scorer in the NHL: "I need to be more straightforward with the puck".

• Like 1

Yeah, minus all the foot speed.

Rantanen?s skating wasnt a lot better than Kakko?s when he came into the league. Most pre draft reports of him has his speed as ?just fine? and ?could use some work?, pretty much what people said about Kakko too.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk