• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYR Rank 1st in Pronman's Under-22 Organizational Rankings

LindG1000

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we're seeing anyone can be elected to political office. But you do need credentials for most NHL jobs.

Yzerman was a player - no front office experience in the nhl..

Quinn was in the ncaa - hey I played hockey in college!

JD was a broadcaster - like Jared.

Pronman watches youth hockey - just like me!

Looks like I’ve got the “credentials”.

If you want to compare them to politicians, you pretty much have JD - Hillary, knowledge but in a different role, Pronman - a blogger, Quinn - first year rep Ayanna Pressley, knew the name locally, but never did anything, Yzerman - Trump, not in the game but some people think he’s great

I'm bailing on the political BS.

If I have a choice on buying into Yzerman assessment of a prospect versus yours, I'm going with Stevie.

And even if he was wrong, he's still managed to rope Gorton... So maybe you should reassess your thinking on Gorton?

I'm bailing on the political BS.

If I have a choice on buying into Yzerman assessment of a prospect versus yours, I'm going with Stevie.

And even if he was wrong, he's still managed to rope Gorton... So maybe you should reassess your thinking on Gorton?

My assessment of Gorton?

I don’t think he’s putting Howden in the lineup, but yes, I have issues with him allowing this to happen for 2 seasons. I’m not putting good old boys on a pedestal and circle jerking everything they do just because they have experience in the industry.

I am anti these circle jerk beliefs and always have been. Just because a bunch of people are telling you to believe something doesn’t mean it’s true.

My assessment of Gorton?

I don?t think he?s putting Howden in the lineup, but yes, I have issues with him allowing this to happen for 2 seasons. I?m not putting good old boys on a pedestal and circle jerking everything they do just because they have experience in the industry.

I am anti these circle jerk beliefs and always have been. Just because a bunch of people are telling you to believe something doesn?t mean it?s true.

Ok. Well I think Gorton is overrated as a GM.

But that doesn't change that no less than 3 different career hockey guys along with his teammates have nothing but good things to say about Howden.

No idea what you're taking abiut with old boys circle jerk nonsense. These guys all came into the org at different points.

I get what you're saying Pete. But you also have the element of analytics and the numbers paint a pretty grim picture of what Howden is on the ice.

I mean, it's up to each individual how you weight analytics, eye test and the word of "hockey people". But it's not that easy to buy the "well, smarter hockey people than us like him" angle when the numbers paint an unequivocally hideous image of what he actually does on the ice.

It's not really food for thought because they are two completely different situations and no one's trying to pretend Kakko was good last season.

There was no hype around Kakko last season?????????? And besides no one is saying Howden had a fantastic amazing season. They are saying they like him. Both are very young players put in NHL spots partly before they really were ready. Just like scouts say they like Kakko,so yeah, food for thought whether you like it or not lol

There are differences of course but to just point at one and say analytics say otherwise then ignore analytics for the other seems a bit odd. I have more faith on Kakko being an above average NHL player but they both seem to have qualities that might hinder that from happening.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying Pete. But you also have the element of analytics and the numbers paint a pretty grim picture of what Howden is on the ice.

I mean, it's up to each individual how you weight analytics, eye test and the word of "hockey people". But it's not that easy to buy the "well, smarter hockey people than us like him" angle when the numbers paint an unequivocally hideous image of what he actually does on the ice.

I hear you. And I also don't see anything to love about Howden.

But when a crime is committed and you have 3 eye witnesses who've never met tell you the same story... You can't just dismiss it out of hand.

So I'm trying to think of what they see in him that fans don't.

All these people in the hockey world just can't all be this wrong about the same player.

The bottom 6 is junk. The best thing for Howdens development (if not going to the AHL), is bringing in a guy he can learn from. Like a Brian Boyle type player.

You can watch video and be told “don’t do this”, but it’s a lot easier if you see video of someone else and told “this is where/how/what you need to do”.

The bottom 6 is junk. The best thing for Howdens development (if not going to the AHL), is bringing in a guy he can learn from. Like a Brian Boyle type player.

You can watch video and be told “don’t do this”, but it’s a lot easier if you see video of someone else and told “this is where/how/what you need to do”.

I’ve been asking for Boyle back for a couple of years now lol

I think he's too old, honestly, I'm too lazy to look up other options right now.

That’s fair. But you can have him probably for around 1m, won’t complain about 4th lie minutes, can give ziby a break pk wise and still managed 15 points in 39 games last year. Plus he’s been here already so come full circle. Just makes sense to me.

Yzerman was a player - no front office experience in the nhl..

Quinn was in the ncaa - hey I played hockey in college!

JD was a broadcaster - like Jared.

Pronman watches youth hockey - just like me!

Looks like I?ve got the ?credentials?.

Yzerman had 12 years of from office experience for red redwings, Tampa, and Team Canada before that trade.

Davidson had 13 years as Team President before he got Howden.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yzerman had 12 years of from office experience for red redwings, Tampa, and Team Canada before that trade.

Davidson had 13 years as Team President before he got Howden.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

JD wasn’t in NY when they acquired Howden.

Yzerman had MORE years of experience when he traded him away.

Agin, please, talk about Howden.

JD wasn?t in NY when they acquired Howden.

Yzerman has MORE years of experience when he traded him away.

Agin, please, talk about Howden.

But JD had nothing but good things to say about Howden after the play in.

You're just off the mark here. Time to cut bait on the "I know more than hockey execs" argument.

You guys keep bring up the execs. I didn’t.

I’m disagreeing with the article and what he says about Howden. Again, the only thing you said good about Howden is that Yzerman drafted him, lol.

Maybe it’s time to cut bait with the execs argument.

I tried to go back to discussing his on ice play, but that was quickly ignored by a mod with irrelevant information.

Again, let’s hear about Howden. I’ll wait.

You guys keep bring up the execs. I didn?t.

I?m disagreeing with the article and what he says about Howden. Again, the only thing you said good about Howden is that Yzerman drafted him, lol.

Maybe it?s time to cut bait with the execs argument.

I tried to go back to discussing his on ice play, but that was quickly ignored by a mod with irrelevant information.

Again, let?s hear about Howden. I?ll wait.

Here's a refresher. http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?p=1029170

You mention everyone but Howden.

The only place Howden has had ANY success is when he’s planted in front of the net, and he’s picked up some nifty goals and assists. He’s still struggling with where to be when, so as a center, he either attacks the net late - when the play is going the other way, or he’s too tentative, not in the play, and starts retreating prematurely. (Andersson had similar issues).

I haven’t seen anything that would suggest he should be playing with skilled players (remember- that has to be earned$. Fact is, kid is lost 98% of the time. IMO, the best thing for his development is moving him to the wing and bring in a bottom 6 C he can learn from. Unfortunately, as a winger, he didn’t show much other than hustling on a few shifts.

If you are a 4th liner in the nhl, you need to add something. he doesn’t. Not good defensively, not physical, doesn’t fight, pretty weak on the pk, etc. This guy does literally nothing.