• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYR Rank 1st in Pronman's Under-22 Organizational Rankings

LindG1000

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't Pronman's best work. I won't complain being ranked #1, but the rankings are out of whack.

Howden at 5, K. Miller only at 8, missing Lindbom, Lindgren too low. Honestly, you could switch Lindgren with Howden and the list looks a lot more legit.

What?s your basis for rating Miller over Howden, out of interest?

I mean, I?ve made my position on Howden clear but he?s capable of playing in the NHL. Albeit at an unsatisfactory level. I?d be interested to hear what you?ve seen in Miller at Wisconsin that makes the rankings wrong.

What’s your basis for rating Miller over Howden, out of interest?

I mean, I’ve made my position on Howden clear but he’s capable of playing in the NHL. Albeit at an unsatisfactory level. I’d be interested to hear what you’ve seen in Miller at Wisconsin that makes the rankings wrong.

I see a lot of raw talent in Miller combined with size, strength, and he's a good skater for his size. Offensive production dipped this past season but the tools are there and the potential is very high. Top 2-4 D potential.

Howden's potential appears to be more aligned as a good 3rd liner if everything works out. And I disagree that he has been capable of playing in the NHL just because he's in the NHL. He hasn't done much, and he's lucky to have kept his spot on the roster. He's young and there's time to improve though.

If I ask myself if Miller, Lindgren, Kravtsov, etc. were on another team and if I'd trade Howden for any one of them...it's not really a question.

What’s your basis for rating Miller over Howden, out of interest?

I mean, I’ve made my position on Howden clear but he’s capable of playing in the NHL. Albeit at an unsatisfactory level. I’d be interested to hear what you’ve seen in Miller at Wisconsin that makes the rankings wrong.

You could put miller in the lineup now, as a forward, and he wouldn’t be worse than Howden

I'll preface this by saying I don't think Howden is as bad as some here do, and I also don't think he's very good either... However when smart hockey people who spend their lives around the game either draft him (Yzerman), dress him (Quinn), talk him up (JD) or don't completely shit on him (Pronman)... You have to take that into account, right?

What do they see that we don't? He's got to do a ton of small things that don't show up on the scoresheet, I guess?

The best player he lined up last year was Chytil. He spent most of his time with Chytil, Kakko (who's statistically one of the worst forwards in the NHL), Brendan Lemieux (who's hot garbage) and Greg McKegg (who's Greg McKegg).

I'd like to see him with some more skilled linemates, or have him on that same line with continued development from Kakko and Chytil. If Kakko moves up, Lafreniere / Howden / Chytil is my third line.

• Like 2

I'll preface this by saying I don't think Howden is as bad as some here do, and I also don't think he's very good either... However when smart hockey people who spend their lives around the game either draft him (Yzerman), dress him (Quinn), talk him up (JD) or don't completely shit on him (Pronman)... You have to take that into account, right?

What do they see that we don't? He's got to do a ton of small things that don't show up on the scoresheet, I guess?

The best player he lined up last year was Chytil. He spent most of his time with Chytil, Kakko (who's statistically one of the worst forwards in the NHL), Brendan Lemieux (who's hot garbage) and Greg McKegg (who's Greg McKegg).

I'd like to see him with some more skilled linemates, or have him on that same line with continued development from Kakko and Chytil. If Kakko moves up, Lafreniere / Howden / Chytil is my third line.

Agree with this. I also found the rankings to be a touch out of order, overly optimistic, and frankly a total reach in some places. He projects Howden as a bottom 6 guy. Okay, great. Those are very useful and, in all honesty, we need better ones. Also projects him as a "very good NHL player." Yet he's ahead of Kravtsov who, two years ago, was ranked as one of the top prospects in the entire world (I think Hockey's Future had him as #1 actually). He's ahead of Miller who has all the hallmarks of being a sensational top-4 guy. I don't really see it. I don't know what I'm missing, or what many of us are missing for that matter, when it comes to Broadway Brett.

I'm not sure I agree with us being #1 in the NHL pre-2020 draft either. Post-Lafreniere, sure, I could see it. But one guy on the special/elite bubble, and handful of high-end/very good players, and a bunch of legit NHLers? I just feel like other teams with more sensational prospects in their system belong up higher, especially when you factor in our glaring lack of center depth in the future and the lack of any serious goalie prospects to speak of, even though Igor and Georgiev just missed the cut-off age-wise for this list.

I won't bitch about being #1 but I also don't see it.

Front office yzerman is the most overrated person in hockey.

Quinn’s decision making is definitely questionable.

Pronman watched little rangers hockey, or their prospects this season, based on what he wrote, here.

As I said all year, players go and die on Howdens line. Any players slump or poor performance came when they were playing with Howden.

Honestly, I can’t think of a worse regular in recent seasons.

Front office yzerman is the most overrated person in hockey.

Quinn’s decision making is definitely questionable.

Pronman watched little rangers hockey, or their prospects this season, based on what he wrote, here.

As I said all year, players go and die on Howdens line. Any players slump or poor performance came when they were playing with Howden.

Honestly, I can’t think of a worse regular in recent seasons.

Got it, so all the lifelong hockey people are wrong.

You could put miller in the lineup now, as a forward, and he wouldn’t be worse than Howden

That’s probably not true.

But I think Howden is a borderline NHL player, and I was shocked to see Pronman rating him above Miller. I have honestly never seen Miller play a minute of hockey, so it was a genuine question to RMC. Everyone seems so high on him, and if he isn’t a significantly better prospect than Howden it’s a huge let down.

Howden takes that unexpected step this coming season. I think people are waaayyy too hard on the kid. I think he's got all the tools to make a solid center. Not sure he tops off higher than a 3rd line center with the potential to slot up.

Then go learn in the ahl. Bye.

Can anyone name a worse regular from recent memory?

Another Howden discussion with not a Single thing mentioned about his game. The closest being “he’s played 2 seasons” and “Yzerman drafted him”

You have to keep in mind that there were probably multiple Lightning scouts howling in rage that they took Howden with that pick. That's pretty much the case with any player that isn't the #1 or #2 OA.

I think there's merit in what Pete's point is, though. He checks a lot of boxes to become a solid NHL pro, with good intangibles. I think you still have to look a little too hard to see much in him, this is a big year for Brett Howden.

I disagree with HR professionals on evaluating situations/employees all of the time.

So does that apply to politics too then? I?ll send over some stuff career republicans say.

Yes, you disagree with other HR professionals. but you're not an NHL professional, and you're dealing with other NHL professionals.

You have to keep in mind that there were probably multiple Lightning scouts howling in rage that they took Howden with that pick. That's pretty much the case with any player that isn't the #1 or #2 OA.

I think there's merit in what Pete's point is, though. He checks a lot of boxes to become a solid NHL pro, with good intangibles. I think you still have to look a little too hard to see much in him, this is a big year for Brett Howden.

do you think they were mad when they traded away Howden ?

Do you think they regret trading him now?