• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 | ECF | Tampa Bay Lightning (2) vs. New York Islanders (6)

Phil

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now that that's done, the Islanders can wait another 27 years to go to the final 4.

I'm conflicted on the finals. McD is a genuinely super guy, and it would be nice to seem him win the cup. On the other hand, I wish for eternal torment and damnation for eliminating us in the 7th game of conference finals in 2015.

OK, now that that's done, the Islanders can wait another 27 years to go to the final 4.

I'm conflicted on the finals. McD is a genuinely super guy, and it would be nice to seem him win the cup. On the other hand, I wish for eternal torment and damnation for eliminating us in the 7th game of conference finals in 2015.

That game haunts. Showed no emotion at all. Hard to understand how any team comes out that flat in a game 7.

Very painful defeat. But we saw it with the Canucks and Flyers this year too. Especially painful because I thought the Rangers had a legit shot in the SCF that season so it'll always be a very painful 'what if...' But TBL was the better team on that day plain and simple.

We were probably too banged up -- or in the case of McD, broken up --, to win the final that year. We still managed to keep the game scoreless until the end of the second period. It was weird how the explosiveness from Game 6 was completely gone.

I like our chances in that Game 7 with Strolman and Boyle on our side, as they should have been, instead of theirs.

One thing those NYR teams share with this Isles team; no matter how much talent or good your coaching and organization is, very hard to get back to this spot. Even in as a weird as season as this, a lot has to go right to advance this far. Those variables might not work in your favor next season. This run guarantees nothing for the future. Wonder generally how these teams that got this far are physically going to be once the next season starts.

If next season really starts on December 1, I wouldn't expect a fast start from the Islanders. Cooper's team has the best personnel in the league, so I can see why he has a good team year in year out, but with an over achieving team like the Islanders whose success is dependent on a total buy in to the coach's program, the spell usually only lasts so long. That, at least, is my hope.