• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 | ECF | Tampa Bay Lightning (2) vs. New York Islanders (6)

Phil

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been two different series. When the Bolts have Point, they dominate, but when they are Pointless, it's an even affair. It's particularly annoying to see the Islanders win off a Shatty muff. It was also annoying to see them score after the Bolts were winning every loose puck over the last ten minutes.

Nah. Kucherov played last night. So did Hedman.

I'm not interested in a semantical debate. Point has been the engine driving the forward group.

What can't really be debated is that it's a pretty big drop off going from Point to Cirelli as your 1C.

And it still took the Isles 1-2/3 games to squeak in a second goal.

Not really seeing "cracks that have been there all series" for Tampa.

I'm not interested in a semantical debate. Point has been the engine driving the forward group.

What can't really be debated is that it's a pretty big drop off going from Point to Cirelli as your 1C.

And it still took the Isles 1-2/3 games to squeak in a second goal.

Not really seeing "cracks that have been there all series" for Tampa.

So then just say they are missing both of their best centers or two of their top players (Stamkos, Point). No need for exaggeration that Point is all of a sudden their best player, especially when your overarching point is correct.

If the Islanders were missing Brock Nelson, would you say they are missing their best player? lol

So then just say they are missing both of their best centers or two of their top players (Stamkos, Point). No need for exaggeration that Point is all of a sudden their best player, especially when your overarching point is correct.

If the Islanders were missing Brock Nelson, would you say they are missing their best player? lol

He's their second leader scorer, so it can be argued. Again, you're nitpicking and being semantical...could I have said "one of" their best players? Sure. In reality does it change the point?

Missing Stamkos is irrelevant to the point, he's hasn't played all series...So when Karan says he's seen cracks in the team "all series", Stamkos doesn't really enter into it in my mind.

When TBL scores in bunches, they're unstoppable against anyone. But in these tight one-goal, they're not as opportunistic a team as DAL is. And winning tight one goal games has been DAL's forte all throughout these playoffs. I just think they have the ability to keep TBL's fire power in check far better than any of the other teams in these playoffs, cash in on those opportunities when they come up and have a very real shot of taking the Cup in 7. And that's assuming TBL doesn't completely choke this series away...it is 2020 after all.

PS. Happy Birthday Pete.

When TBL scores in bunches, they're unstoppable against anyone. But in these tight one-goal, they're not as opportunistic a team as DAL is. And winning tight one goal games has been DAL's forte all throughout these playoffs. I just think they have the ability to keep TBL's fire power in check far better than any of the other teams in these playoffs, cash in on those opportunities when they come up and have a very real shot of taking the Cup in 7. And that's assuming TBL doesn't completely choke this series away...it is 2020 after all.

PS. Happy Birthday Pete.

Fair enough haha! Thanks Karan!