• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coyotes Paid Player Bonuses Late

Bugg

Doesn't bode well for the new ownership. Franchise has been an embarrassment forever. Move the damn club already, get a real owner rather than some guy giving Bettman handies and stop throwing good money after bad.

https://www.traderumours.com/Arizona-Coyotes-organization-reportedly-fails-to-pay-player-bonuses-on-time-23928?fbclid=IwAR0M1H9aK6Hhlsn0QGLGTnMjafE44J3WHuUSN2RJD9nYYRR2w4x1jcuB9HA

Franchise relocations are virtually impossible now, because the owners want to save any potential new city for future expansion and big fees. In any event, I think Phoenix is actually a better place for a team than Raleigh or Miami, and I believe those two should be moved. Another problem is that teams often require their own arena these days, no sharing with the NBA, so they can get exclusives on concessions, signage, parking etc. Houston's not going to build a hockey only arena.

Arizona's problems is (1) extended futility in a non-traditional hockey market; and (2) poor arena location within the Phoenix metro.

Wonder if MTL could do anything about a team in the north east US. How is UVMs hockey program?

Re: Yotes franchise playing bonuses late: sucks, but eh, there are bigger hills to climb. Did the players still get it? Were they informed it was going to be late?

(No, of course I didn?t read the article)

The city I never hear talked about which should be is Cleveland. They only had a team for a very short period in the 70s, a totally dysfunctional franchise that played way out near Akron. If Pittsburgh can become a solid hockey town, Cleveland can as well. Very nice travel-wise, given the proximity to Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Toronto.

Franchise relocations are virtually impossible now, because the owners want to save any potential new city for future expansion and big fees. In any event, I think Phoenix is actually a better place for a team than Raleigh or Miami, and I believe those two should be moved. Another problem is that teams often require their own arena these days, no sharing with the NBA, so they can get exclusives on concessions, signage, parking etc. Houston's not going to build a hockey only arena.

Arizona's problems is (1) extended futility in a non-traditional hockey market; and (2) poor arena location within the Phoenix metro.

Fully agreed. They moved a good team out of a good location and became a bad team in a bad location. Hard as hell to "sell" that. It's a double whammy.

Get better first. If you win, they will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk