• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Boys

Drew a Penalty

The first three episodes of season 2 are out. Now switching to a weekly schedule for the remaining five episodes.

--

Caught the episodes last night when Amazon dropped them early. I'm into it. Feels a bit slower-paced than last season but with greater emphasis on character development so far. I imagine the action also picks up in later episodes.

I can't wait to watch this season, I hate having to wait a week though for the episodes. I still have to watch the second season of The Umbrella Academy, was catching up on Lucifer from the beginning, so maybe Ill watch the then this. The first season was amazing though.

Season 1 was great. I’ll wait till the episodes are all out for season 2 then just binge it. Lots of people online seem to hate the weekly format, hopefully they don’t do it again for season 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It sucks when your paying for the service and they do it. Disney+ did it with the Mandalorian and it was annoying. Its not stopping spoilers, just release the entire season.

It sucks when your paying for the service and they do it. Disney+ did it with the Mandalorian and it was annoying. Its not stopping spoilers, just release the entire season.

It has nothing to do with spoilers. It's all marketing. The hype from a single-day release is incomparable to a weekly schedule. Sure, people might have bemoaned having to wait for The Mandalorian episodes, but that didn't change the fact that it was effectively a free marketing strategy for Disney. Amazon will benefit from the word-of-mouth hype because it'll be in the news cycle for weeks. Entertainment media is going to be discussing the series for six weeks guaranteed as opposed to whatever it may have been had the show dropped in just a week alone.

It has nothing to do with spoilers. It's all marketing. The hype from a single-day release is incomparable to a weekly schedule. Sure, people might have bemoaned having to wait for The Mandalorian episodes, but that didn't change the fact that it was effectively a free marketing strategy for Disney. Amazon will benefit from the word-of-mouth hype because it'll be in the news cycle for weeks. Entertainment media is going to be discussing the series for six weeks guaranteed as opposed to whatever it may have been had the show dropped in just a week alone.

It has a lot to do with spoilers. You have a lot of people that won’t watch until all of the episodes are out, so they won’t be reading anything entertainment media puts out until after they watch the entire season. I did that with Lucifer until I finished it. Even watching the Mandalorian, I didn’t watch the day it came out because I was watching with my kids, so I didn’t read any articles on it until after I was all caught up.

It has a lot to do with spoilers. You have a lot of people that won’t watch until all of the episodes are out, so they won’t be reading anything entertainment media puts out until after they watch the entire season. I did that with Lucifer until I finished it. Even watching the Mandalorian, I didn’t watch the day it came out because I was watching with my kids, so I didn’t read any articles on it until after I was all caught up.

Okay, but what do spoilers really have to do with Amazon choosing to switch to a weekly schedule? If they dropped all of the episodes on a single day there's a chance for spoilers if you don't watch everything immediately on upload. So I'm not really seeing what an alternative is to combat spoilers. Sure, the media cycle is something that you have to endure and avoid because you chose to wait, but that's something that Amazon benefits from because most people probably aren't like you. A lot of people are still going to follow up with the weekly release, they did for The Mandaloriam. It was the most-watched show in the world not because people waited out until it all aired. Amazon is clearly looking to catch the same kind of fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Holy shit, the last 2 episodes were crazy. Wonder what season 3 is gonna look like. I was afraid they were going to have too much to close out in the last episode, but I think they did a good job tying up the lose ends on the season. Still a couple of questions though, like why was the female cop killed in the beginning of the season.

Holy shit, the last 2 episodes were crazy. Wonder what season 3 is gonna look like. I was afraid they were going to have too much to close out in the last episode, but I think they did a good job tying up the lose ends on the season. Still a couple of questions though, like why was the female cop killed in the beginning of the season.

Responding to this via spoilers tags, so those on mobile without tags stop reading here.

Raynor was CIA, not a cop, and she was onto what Victoria Neuman was up to, though she likely didn't know it was Neuman herself. Her last words were "It's Vought, it's a fucking coup from the inside." The coup to which she was referring to is the coup by Vought within the American government. Neuman, though portrayed as a fervent opponent of Vought, is likely a deep-cover supe taking orders from Mr. Edgar as the last scene implies. It was explained earlier by Mallory to Butcher that Neuman is head of the new committee with oversight on supes. She also, through Mallory, is responsible for "funding" the Boys on the side. Vought now controls any oversight from the government and can likely keep closer tabs on the Boys. With Raynor dead, it's vague to the Boys as to what that "coup" is.

Agreed on the last two episodes being crazy. I'm really content with the path the show has taken, and I think this season surpassed the first. The future is very open-ended so it was nice to not end on a cliff hanger. There are definitely storylines that need playing out, but I won't pretend like I know the answers. I have my theories but they're probably far off.

Agreed on the last two episodes being crazy. I'm really content with the path the show has taken, and I think this season surpassed the first. The future is very open-ended so it was nice to not end on a cliff hanger. There are definitely storylines that need playing out, but I won't pretend like I know the answers. I have my theories but they're probably far off.

Totally agree here. And thanks for the heads up on the other post. I know there is supposed to be a third season, hopefully it will be more than 10 episodes, and there is supposed to be some type of spinoff from it as well.

• 1 month later...
  • Phil changed the title to The Boys

The Hollywood Reporter announced on Monday, September 27 that a spin-off show is currently in the works at Amazon.

There's no title yet, but we do know a whole lot about who's running the show, future cast members, and its basic premise: as far as the latter goes, the show will tell a story about Vought's supes-only university, with a cast of young students who promise to be as hormonally-charged as they are superpowered. The spin-off is being described as "part college show, part 'Hunger Games'," which sounds absolutely insane. Imagine if "Van Wilder" became a TV show with superheroes and a TV-MA rating — that's most likely what audiences have in store.

Former "Agent Carter" alumni Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas will be spearheading the project, with Seth Rogan and "The Boys" showrunner Eric Kripke acting as executive producers. Kripke has already promised a series very different from "The Boys," saying that, "Much like 'Mork & Mindy' spun-off from 'Happy Days' — which is an insane and true fact — our spinoff will exist in the Vought Cinematic Universe, yet have a tone and style all its own."

Six young stars have already been cast as the superhuman college students attending Vought University, including Aimee Carrero, Shane Paul McGhie, Jaz Sinclar, Maddie Phillips, Lizze Broadway, and Reina Hardesy. At this time, it is unclear what characters they will play.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/617198/fans-of-the-boys-just-got-the-best-news/?utm_campaign=clip

https://www.looper.com/617198/fans-of-the-boys-just-got-the-best-news/

Clearly just milking it now. I kind of feel it's unnecessary as well, but it shouldn't be totally shocking given how popular it is. Season 2 didn't strike a huge chord with me either, although I still found it entertaining most of the time. There's also that animated series 'Invincible' on Amazon Prime that's very 'The Boys-ish', so they kind of jumped on the bandwagon there.