• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sudoku Rangers

tphilly5

The Athletic had an interesting article today that discussed putting together the all time best 6 using each of the ten digits just once. The Rangers were not one of the teams they discussed. An example was the Oilers being unable to use Mess and Gretzky because of the 1 (11) and 9 (99) being used twice.

My team is from only guys I saw play

G - Richter - 3 & 5 (could also go Hank with 3 & 0)

D - Leetch - 2

D - Greschner - 4

RW - Gilbert - 7

C - Tkaczuk - 1 & 8

LW - Graves - 9

The Athletic had an interesting article today that discussed putting together the all time best 6 using each of the ten digits just once. The Rangers were not one of the teams they discussed. An example was the Oilers being unable to use Mess and Gretzky because of the 1 (11) and 9 (99) being used twice.

My team is from only guys I saw play

G - Richter - 3 & 5 (could also go Hank with 3 & 0)

D - Leetch - 2

D - Greschner - 4

RW - Gilbert - 7

C - Tkaczuk - 1 & 8

LW - Graves - 9

Do you need a 6 here? Or no? I don't play Soduku, obviously LOL.

Do you need a 6 here? Or no? I don't play Soduku, obviously LOL.

Yeah, gotta use all numbers.

This game has got some oddball limiters that come up real quick: no duplicates means no 11/22/33 etc, the limitations mean you can only have two single-digit jersey numbers. It's surprisingly challenging.

Rules per Sean McIndoe:

What’s the best six-man starting lineup you can make for a given team out of players whose jersey numbers combine to use each digit once and only once?

For the Rangers, 5, 6, and 9 really mess with you.

I stand corrected you do have to use all 10 digits...ugggh. That makes it real tough. Might have to go with some old timers.

It's really fucking hard.

Could go...

Richter (35)

Greschner (4), Skjei (76)

Panarin (10), Bathgate (9), Sandstrom/Larmer (28)

The more I think about this, the key for the Rangers is that they have so few worthwhile high numbers that aren't in the 90s, and so few mid-teens and mid-20s that are worth using, so isolate those first and work around them. I've seen a few groups where you get stuck with like...Purinton or McQuaid.

Or something like...

Hank (30)

Greschner (4), Girardi (5)

Kovalev (27), Ratelle (19), Jagr (68)

I'll take this one.

That would be a tough group to beat. Problem is you need the four double digit guys and the Rangers don’t have a lot of decent guys with high exotic numbers. Jagr was a good pick, although he and Kovalev were both RW.

That would be a tough group to beat. Problem is you need the four double digit guys and the Rangers don’t have a lot of decent guys with high exotic numbers. Jagr was a good pick, although he and Kovalev were both RW.

Yep. I solved my 5 problem by making it a single digit. You almost have to take Jagr, and Greschner helps a LOT.

Yeah, gotta use all numbers.

This game has got some oddball limiters that come up real quick: no duplicates means no 11/22/33 etc, the limitations mean you can only have two single-digit jersey numbers. It's surprisingly challenging.

Rules per Sean McIndoe:

For the Rangers, 5, 6, and 9 really mess with you.

no 0 in Sudoko. Does he address that in his rules?