• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Laine, Ehlers Expected to Rank on TSN's Trade Bait List

Phil

Would be cool to see some big pieces moved this off season which will be exceptionally long, painful and full of unknowns when it comes to if and when the next season will start. As of now it sounds like the odds of actually seeing a game at MSG is a long shot at best and that sucks. But of course there are bigger problems than hockey that's for sure.

Would be cool to see some big pieces moved this off season which will be exceptionally long, painful and full of unknowns when it comes to if and when the next season will start. As of now it sounds like the odds of actually seeing a game at MSG is a long shot at best and that sucks. But of course there are bigger problems than hockey that's for sure.

I think you'll see some odd things happen this offseason. Laine being moved is probably out there because Winnipeg can't actually afford his next deal and his bridge is up next season - and it's going to be a lot of creative financial manipulation (i.e. Laine for someone of similar age, longer term, slightly lower cap hit).

• 1 month later...
Sources confirm that the Flyers and Jets had some Patrik Laine trade discussions last week although they seemed to cool off this past weekend.

I would anticipate both teams circling back to each other over the next few days to see if there?s anything that can get that conversation to go next level or not.

Obviously, the Jets are talking to other teams about Laine as well, as we?ve said before, both Columbus and Carolina have shown interest.

https://theathletic.com/2116457/2020/10/05/lebrun-latest-trade-talk-on-tyler-johnson-josh-anderson-and-patrik-laine/

• 3 months later...